Ontario Sports Betting - Legal Betting Sites in Ontario 2022
Ontario sports betting is a big business. In fact, online gambling is a huge industry all over the world, and it's only going to get bigger. So if you're looking for a place to bet on your favourite team, you're in luck. We've compiled a list of the best online betting sites in Ontario so you can make an informed choice when looking for a new, legal, online betting site.
Ontario Legal Update 2022
Who Regulates Sports Betting in Ontario?
The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario regulates online sports betting activity in the province of Ontario, Canada. Otherwise known as the AGCO, they are an Ontario provincial regulatory agency reporting to the Ministry of the Attorney General (MAG). It is a corporation under the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario Act, 2019.
The AGCO's purpose is to enforce regulations around sport and event betting that become available in the province, whether it be through casinos, lottery products, or within Ontario’s internet gaming (igaming) market. This means that operators have to offer player protection and meet high standards for game integrity set by Ontario, as well as adhere to responsible gambling practices.
Why Bet at Legal Online Ontario Sportsbooks?
There are many reasons to bet at legal online sportsbooks in Ontario. First and foremost, it is important to gamble responsibly and within the law. Sports betting is a form of gambling, and there is always the potential to lose money. By betting at legal online sportsbooks in Ontario, you can be sure that the site is regulated by the government and that your personal information and finances have a level of protection not afforded or considered for offshore gambling companies.
In addition, legal online sportsbooks in Ontario offer customer protection in case of disputes. If you have a problem with an online sportsbook, you can contact the legislative governing offices of Ontario betting sites for help.
Finally, betting at legal online sportsbooks in Ontario supports the economy. The tax revenue generated by online gambling helps to fund important programs and services in the province.
What is the Future of Sports Betting in Ontario?
The future of online sports betting in Ontario looks bright. With the recent legalization of single-event sports betting in Canada, it is expected that more people will start gambling online. This increased interest will likely lead to more online sportsbooks popping up, giving Ontarians even more choice when it comes to where they place their bets.
In addition, as the industry grows, it is expected that online sportsbooks will become more competitive, offering better odds and bonuses to attract and retain customers. This is good news for bettors, as it will mean more value for their gambling dollar.
So if you're looking to get in on the action, be sure to check out our list of the best online betting sites in Ontario. And remember to gamble responsibly!
New Sportsbooks In Ontario
How to start betting in Ontario
Select a sportsbook
Things to Consider When Choosing A New Betting Site in Ontario
Don't go signing up for any old online betting site in Ontario, you could end up placing your money in the hands of an unscrupulous operator from outside Canada with no license to operate who as we speak is hot-footing it off to sunny shored with your hard-earned cash.
Here are a few things to consider to ensure maximum safety of your money and enjoyment of online gambling in Ontario
Key Features of a Betting Site
When it comes to online sports betting, there are a lot of things that you need to take into consideration. This is especially true if you're living in a place like Ontario, Canada where online gambling is still very new. With that said, here are some of the key features that you should look for in an online sportsbook before signing up:
1. Legal and licensed - The first and most important thing to look for in an online sportsbook is that it is legal and licensed. There are a lot of unlicensed and illegal online sportsbooks out there so you really need to be careful when choosing one. A good way to check if an online sportsbook is legal and licensed is to look for a logo or link to the gambling commission that regulates it. For online sportsbooks in Ontario, this would be the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG).
2. Competitive odds - Another important thing to look for in an online sportsbook are competitive odds. This basically means that you should be able to find betting lines that are better than the ones offered by traditional brick-and-mortar sportsbooks. The reason why this is important is because it gives you a better chance of winning money in the long run.
3. Variety of markets - When it comes to online sports betting, you should also look for a sportsbook that offers a wide variety of markets. This is important because it allows you to bet on different sports and events. For example, if you're a fan of basketball, you should look for an online sportsbook that offers betting markets for the NBA.
4. Good customer service - Another thing to consider when choosing an online sportsbook is the quality of customer service. This is important because you want to be able to get help from the sportsbook if you ever have any problems. A good way to check this is to read online reviews of the sportsbook or contact their customer service team directly.
5. Mobile performance - Finally, you should also consider the mobile performance of the online sportsbook. This is important because you want to be able to bet on the go. A good way to check this is to see if the sportsbook has a mobile-friendly website or an app that you can use.These are just some of the things that you need to consider when choosing an online sportsbook in Ontario. If you take your time and do your research, you should be able to find a sportsbook that offers everything you're looking for.
6. Banking Options - Another thing to consider when choosing an online sportsbook are the banking options. This is important because you want to be able to deposit and withdraw money from your account easily. A good way to check this is to see what banking methods are supported by the sportsbook. For example, if you're looking to deposit money into your account using a credit card, you should make sure that the sportsbook supports that method.
7. Sportsbook Reviews from Real Users - Last but not least, you should also consider reading online reviews of the sportsbook from real users. This is important because you want to get an idea of what other people think about the sportsbook before you sign up. A good way to find these reviews is click the 'read reviews' boxes in the list above. These are a complete test drive from our online sportsbooks expert team here at OLBG as well as our own OLBG users reviews too.
Take your time in choosing an online sportsbook so that you can find one that best suits your needs. Be sure to check the key features listed above before making your final decision.
How to Sign up for an online Betting Account in Ontario
To sign up for an online account with any of these licensed gambling sites, you must be at least 19 years of age and provide proof of identity, location and/or residency.
Once you have registered for an account, you will be able to deposit funds and place bets on a variety of sporting events. All winnings will be paid out directly to your chosen banking method.
Online Betting Payment Methods In Ontario
There are a number of online banking methods that can be used to deposit and withdraw funds from online betting accounts in Ontario. These include:
Debit cards such as Visa and Mastercard are widely accepted and offer fast and secure transactions. They will offer instant despoits, but whilst withdrawals can be handles instantly or within 24 Hours by the sportsbook, it may take a few days for funds to arrive back into your bank account associated with the debit card.
Bank transfers are another popular online banking method. This option is usually available through Interac e-Transfers, which allow you to transfer funds directly from your bank account to your online betting account. Direct bank transfers can be available instantly when depositing, but often take longer than e-Wallet solutions for withdrawals.
Prepaid cards can be a good option for those who do not have a credit or debit card, or who do not want to use their bank account for online gambling. Prepaid cards can be purchased at most convenience stores, and can be used to fund online betting, however, you will not be able to withdraw to these methods.
E-wallets such as PayPal, Skrill and NETELLER offer fast and convenient online transactions. E-wallets are becoming increasingly popular as they offer an extra level of security as well as the ability to make instant deposits and withdrawals.
Sports Available for Betting in Ontario
Whether you want to bet on Football in the NFL or maybe consider CFL Grey Cup betting, you'll find Basketball, Baseball, Hockey and more at your fingertips at any Ontario Sports Betting site.
Soccer, Golf and Tennis are all super popular betting sports along with Horse Racing, Rugby, Cricket and Motor Sports
Live Betting Ontario
Ontario Sports Teams for Betting
Most Popular Types of Online Bet
Betting on Hockey
Betting on Football
Betting on Basketball
Betting on Baseball
Betting on Soccer
Betting on TV and Entertainment
Betting on Politics
Ontario Sports Betting News
Ontario Online Sports Betting Handle and Revenues
The facts and figures of online gambling in Ontario might just curl your ears when you hear how much money is generated.
Remember, up to date, online gambling in the province has seen all this cash leave the province and country, and this is one of the main reasons, Ontario has legalised and will be legislating the industry to ensure this money and the taxation and revenue that can be gained - along with jobs, is to the benefit of the province first and foremost.
How much is online sports betting worth in Ontario?
Early estimates have put the value of online betting in the province over $1b for 2022, increasing to somewhere like $2.25billion in 2023.
While this number may make brains explode, the benefits far outweigh the negative ideaof this amount of money now being legally allowed to be gambled each year by Ontarians
How much tax revenue will Ontario gain?
Ontario will have a 20% tax rate on online betting revenue which could be a cash injection of some 30+ million for the province.
In the US where legalised online sports betting was more widely introduced in 2018, the major state doing so New Jersey with a 13% tax rate.
Pennsylvania is closer to Ontario in terms of betting age population and has gained even more revenue with a higher rate of tax at 36%, which still pales into insignificance against recently launched New York and a huge 51% rate.