When betting on football or basketball, the option to make more than one selection and combine them in a parlay bet can increase the overall odds of the bet. Another option is to play a teaser. This article will explain what a teaser bet is and how to play them on both football and basketball.
A teaser is a type of bet, usually on football or basketball, that combines 2 and sometimes 3 line bets. It is different from a straight parlay in that the point spread can be adjusted to increase the probability in the bettor's favor, although odds are adjusted down accordingly.
Read on to find out more.
- Best Online Sportsbook for Teasers
- What is a Teaser bet?
Best Online Sportsbook for Teaser Bets
- Maryland Number 1 local Sportsbook with Boosted Odds DMV parlays and great promos Crab Sports MD Review
- DMV Parlays
- Boosted Odds
- Great Promos
- NOW ONLINE - Borgata's Race & Sportsbook offers the finest sports and off-track horse betting experience. Borgata Sports Review
- Top Casino Brand Backing
- Good Promotions for Registered Players
- Very Simple Design, Ideal for Beginners
- Ceasars Sports Betting online. Sign up for Caesars Sportsbook - America's #1 Sportsbook operator. Bet online on basketball, football, more. Caesars Sportsbook Review
- Very Good Futures Betting
- Lots of Football Market Options
- 100% up to $5,000 Risk Free Bet Welcome Offer
- DRF Sportsbook offer a complete online sportsbook package across a wide range of sports to complete your online sports wagering options DRF Sports IA Review
- F1 Motorsport Betting
- Great Welcome Offer for New Registrations
- Wide Range of Exciting In-Play Betting Options
- The World's Biggest Online Sportsbook Bet 365 Review
- Best Odds on Major Sports
- Best Choice Of Betting Markets
- Worlds Biggest Online Sportsbook
- The King of Bonuses in the UK is the King of Promotions in the US. Look out for exciting promotions for your sports betting picks. Betfred Review
- Global Sportsbook Brand
- Huge Welcome Bonus Offer
- Brilliant Bonuses and Promos for Registered Customers
- Exclusive free promotions and best deals! BetRivers Sportsbook welcomes you to a world of benefits for the player. Try the games and take advantage of the promos! BetRivers Review
- Daily Promotions
- Live Betting at its Best
- iRR Loyalty Rewards Scheme
- BetMGM Sports offers sports betting options from professional football to college basketball and even tennis and boxing matches. ... Explore online sports gambling with BetMGM BetMGM Review
- Huge Recognizable US Brand
- Great All-In-One Betting App
- At Betway USA, access only the best in sportsbook betting. With premium options, and a great welcome offer, you´ve all you need to begin wagering Betway Review
- The Betway Big Pick
- Action Packed Sports Markets
- Exceptional Sports Promotions and Welcome Offer
The Best Online Sportsbook by State
What is a Teaser Bet and How do They Work?
A teaser is the combination of two or more bets whereby the line is adjusted in your favor and the odds moved in relation. It's a little like a parlay in that you are making more than one selection and combining them together but there is one major difference.
Difference Between a Parlay and a Teaser.
The main difference between the teaser bet and a parlay is that you may alter the aspect of the selection in a teaser. You may adjust the number of the under/over bet, or change the point spread in a line bet. You make changes up to 10 points depending on the bet and whether you are betting on football or basketball.
Teaser vs Parlay
Improve the probability of your parlay landing by adding a teaser. be aware the odds will change down accordingly
When you have the opportunity to change the spread, you may feel you are making the bet easier to win, and indeed this will be correct in some instances, but real masters of teasers will be adjusting things in their favor not only by the point spread but also in the odds in creating as much value as they can get from the bet.
How Does a Teaser Bet Work?
Let's imagine a set wager spread on the underdogs in two games, increasing the spread for a 2-team 7pt teaser
A straight parlay on Washington and Baltimore here will return $37.40 for a $10 stake, thanks to parlay odds of +274
By adjusting the spread to 7pts, the chance of the underdogs winning has been increased and the odds lowered. This produces
This has now increased the chances for the bets winning with the underdogs given a larger starting margin, and the odds have reduced to -140 for a return of $17.20 for a $10 stake if both selections won.
How to Make a Teaser Bet Online
The process is just about the same when dealing with any online betting site you choose to use.
Make your selections by clicking on the odds of the bet you want to make. This adds the selection to the bet slip
Continue adding as many teams as you want, remembering the more you add the harder it will be to win. You can choose favorites or underdogs to add to your wager or a mixture of both.
Here is an example of a 5 team, 6-point teaser on favorites.
I have chosen five favorites here, and listed the various spreads available for a straight parlay, in the final column, you can see the new positive spreads awarded by the 6pt teaser.
Simply, 6 points have been added to their side of the spread.
We can already see if the odds are already accurate and these teams are expected to win, how the probability has been increased by awarding them extra points in the spread to begin the game in the wager. Let's see how the straight parlay and teaser compare odds wise now.
Once you have selected all teams, you can then hit the "teaser' tab, where you will be given the option of choosing [most often] a 6, 6.5 or 7-point teaser. The odds and return figures will be adjusted based on your stake, and then all you have to do is place and confirm your stake and bet.
|Return to $10 Stake
You can see just how much lower the odds become when adjusting the spread for the teaser, and the respective returns differ as a consequence.
**The Parlay return includes a 5% Parlay Bonus. Often when making multi-wager parlays, you can gain a bonus when all selections are correct and the wager wins based on how many selections are included. The more selections, the bigger the bonus
Cash Out Betting
Cash Out is an online sportsbook feature that allows you to get money back on a wager that has yet to complete. Cash Out is used in live betting once an event has begun or a parlay bet is underway....Continue Reading
College Football Betting Sites - Best NCAAF Sportsbooks & Apps 2024
Our college football betting experts have vetted all of the options and ranked the best college football betting apps on the market.Continue Reading