Jake is a Football and Entertainment betting expert, with a Man City season ticket and a deep knowledge of reality TV betting angles
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson and James Norton are now head-to-head in the market to be the next James Bond actor
- The last 12 months has seen a total of eight different favourites top the betting market to play James Bond
- The Rolling Stones are 16/1 to do the next James Bond theme
Aaron Taylor-Johnson and James Norton are now head-to-head in the market to be the next James Bond actor
Numerous favourites have topped the betting market over the last 12 months with so many different actors tied to the role and now we've got two of them sitting head-to-head at the top of the betting.
Aaron Taylor-Johnson and James Norton both sit at 5/2 in the betting market to play Bond with bookmakers currently unable to pick a clear favourite at the top of the betting market.
Paddy Power's latest odds put the pair with the same chance of playing James Bond next with those odds suggesting a 28% chance of it being one of those two.
|Next James Bond (selected odds)
What the expert says...
James Norton and Aaron Taylor-Johnson both share favouritism at the top of the betting market to play James Bond next with bookies continuing to offer odds on one of the most popular entertainment markets.
The last 12 months has seen a total of eight different favourites top the betting market to play James Bond
We've seen so many different favourites enter the betting market to play James Bond next in the last 12 months with eight different actors sitting in top spot in the betting odds.
We started 2023 with Aaron Taylor-Johnson as the favourite to play Bond and it looks like we're going to end with him sitting at the top of the market too, albeit as a joint favourite now.
The full 2023 timeline of James Bond betting looks like:
- January 2023 - Aaron Taylor-Johnson favourite following rumours of screen test
- January 2023 - Bridgerton star Rege-Jean Page becomes 11/4 favourite
- February 2023 - Henry Cavill moves into 7/4 favourite after leaving The Witcher and Superman months before
- February 2023 - Idris Elba shortens from 10/1 into 3/1 to play Bond
- April 2023 - Paapa Essiedu becomes favourite 5 years on from links to role through British director Danny Boyle
- August 2023 - Damson Idris comes from nowhere into 2/1 favourite to play the role after drastic market move
- November 2023 - Happy Valley actor James Norton backed into favourite after success of BBC Drama
- December 2023 - Aidan Turner kicks off the final month of the year by moving into favourite to play James Bond
The Rolling Stones are 16/1 to do the next James Bond theme
Early odds have also been given over the next James Bond theme with The Rolling Stones the sole contenders in the market so far at 16/1.
There have been no specific rumours over who will play the next Bond theme, which is one of the most iconic roles in movie soundtrack history.
Billie Eilish, Adele, Sam Smith and Madonna have all been performers of the Bond theme in the past and it could be that they're joined by Rock royalty next.
Latest odds from bookmakers suggest there's a 5.9% chance of the Stones performing the theme song but again they're the only act that have odds available so far.
What the expert says...
The Rolling Stones have a 16/1 chance of performing the next James Bond theme with bookies offering various specials for the next movie. Those odds suggest there's just a 5% chance of them doing so.
Next James Bond Author Information
Next Accrington Stanley Manager Betting Odds: John Doolan is the heavy favourite at 1/4 to become the next Accrington manager after John Coleman's sacking
John Doolan is now the clear favourite with bookies at 1/4 to take over at Accrington Stanley next with OLBG looking at the full odds list.Continue Reading
Celebrity Big Brother Betting Odds: Bookies make Ekin-Su Culculoglu FAVOURITE ahead of tonight's Celebrity Big Brother kick-off!
Ekin-Su Culculoglu is the favourite with bookies to win this year's Celebrity Big Brother ahead of tonight's opening show as OLBG look at the full contenders.Continue Reading
Dancing On Ice Betting Odds: Miles Nazaire is the favourite to win this weekend's FINAL of Dancing On Ice after final elimination yesterday!
Made In Chelsea's Miles Nazaire is the new favourite to win this year's Dancing On Ice ahead of the final this weekend with OLBG looking at the full betting odds.Continue Reading