About UK Football Betting Tips at OLBG
OLBG has knowledgeable football tipsters who add their English football predictions on a daily basis. Our tipsters compete in the monthly football tips competitions for cash prizes totalling over £2,000, meaning we attract and retain expert and profitable football tipsters.
Above you can see the most popular UK football predictions on OLBG today, so this page is great if you need UK football tips for Ante-Post or match day bets. If you want to filter further and just see tips for a specific league then click on the relevant UK football league selections per league below.
English Football Betting Tips
- The English Premier League tips are usually available from mid summer covering the Premier League winner ante post market and the beginning of the weekly Premier League selections for the seasonal kick off in August which runs through to the following May. The 20 EPL teams play each other home and away once with the top four teams at the end of the season qualifying for the Champions League, the 5th & 6th gaining entry to the Europa League and the 7th placed team heading to the Europa Conference League. The bottom three teams are relegated to the English Championship.
- The English Championship Betting Tips from OLBG's knowledgeable football tipsters are here from mid summer ready for the first round of Championship fixtures in late July or early August. The 24 teams play each other once (Home & Away) during the regular season so expect to see English Championship predictions throughout the 46 weeks of the season. The top two teams at the end of the season gain automatic promotion to the English Premier League leaving the four teams placed 3rd to 6th to fight it out in the play offs for the final promotion place to the Premier League. The bottom three teams are relegated to the English League 1.
- The English League 1 Betting Tips are here from mid summer ready for the EL1 kick off in late July or early August. The EL1 season runs parallel to the Championship with a 46 game season, the top two teams promote to the English Championship with the 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th hoping to gain the one remaining promotion place via the end of season play offs. The bottom four teams relegate to the English League Two.
- The seasonal start of the English League 2 coincides with the Championship and English League 1 so expect to see League 2 Betting Tips from mid summer onwards and throughout the 46 game week season. The top three teams promote to the English League 1 with the next four teams (4th to 7th) entering the play offs for the final promotion place. The bottom two teams relegate to the English National League.
- Teams in England's National League are one step away from League Two and the higher tiers of Men's professional football in England. The season usually gets underway in early August so we will have National League Betting Tips from when the first round of fixtures are announced and the National League betting odds are available. The league winner automatically promotes to the English League 2, the 2nd & 3rd placed teams gain an automatic spot in the end of season Semi Final play offs with the teams placed 4th to 7th entering the play offs at the Quarter Final stage. The bottom four teams relegate the National League North or South depending on geographic location.
- After the non league FA Cup qualifiers, the First Round gets underway in November so get ready for the giant killer predictions and FA Cup Betting Tips from then onwards right up until the final which is usually in May or early June.
- The EFL Cup kicks off in August usually with games mostly played midweek, the EFL League Cup Betting Tips are here right through until the final at Wembley which is usually played in February.
- English teams from Leagues 1 & 2 compete for their moment of glory at Wembley in the English Football League Trophy. The competition usually gets underway in August so the EFL Trophy Football Tips are available then through to the final which is usually scheduled for March.
- The traditional curtain raiser to the English Premier League season sees the previous season's Premier League Champions take on the FA Cup winners for the Community Shield. The match is usually scheduled for the weekend before the Premier League season kicks off so check out our Community Shield Betting Tips prior to the Premier League getting underway.
Scottish Football Betting Tips
- Scotland's elite league kicks off around late July so expect to see the Scottish Premiership Tips from then onwards until the champions are crowned in May. The twelve Scottish Premiership teams play each other three times during the first part of the season, then after those matches are completed the league splits in to two groups, the top six play in a Championship group with the winners gaining a spot in the Champions League whilst the runners up head to the 3rd Qualifying Round. The 3rd and 4th place teams head to Europa Conference League Qualifying rounds. The bottom six teams play in a Relegation group until the end of the season with the final bottom team relegating to the Scottish Championship and the 2nd bottom playing a Premiership Play off final against the Championship play off winner for a place in the Premiership.
- The Scottish Championship Betting Tips are here for the start of the Scottish Championship league season in late July or early August right through until the season finishes the following May. The team Scottish Championship teams play each other four times making a 36 game week season, the champions promote to Scotland's Premiership whilst the 2nd placed team head to a Play off Semi Final against the winner of the 3rd and 4th placed teams. The winner plays the 2nd bottom placed team in the Premiership for a place in the top league. The bottom team relegate to League One whilst the 2nd bottom team plays the winner of the Scottish League One play offs for the right to remain in the Championship.
- The third tier in Scottish Men's professional football is the Scottish League One with teams playing each other four times across a 36 game week season. The Scottish League 1 Betting Tips are here ahead of the kick off in late July or early August through to the season finale in May. The league winners promote to the Championship and the 2nd, 3rd & 4th place teams enter the play off with the winner meeting the 2nd bottom team in the Championship for a place there. The bottom team relegates to the Scottish League Two whilst the 2nd bottom placed team will go head to head with the League 2 Play off winner to see who will play in League One the following season.
- Scotland's fourth tier of Men's professional football runs in parallel with League One kicking off in late July or early August so expect to see Scottish League 2 Betting Tips from then onwards until the season finishes the following May. The winners head to League One whilst the 2nd, 3rd & 4th placed teams enter a play off with the winner squaring up with the 2nd bottom placed team in League One for a place in the higher division. The bottom placed team play the winners of the play off between the Scottish Highland and Lowland league champions for a place to remain in League Two.
- The First Round of the Scottish Cup usually gets underway in September following the Preliminary Rounds so OLBG's Scottish Cup Tips are here from then through to the Scottish Cup Final at Hampden Park which is usually scheduled for May or early June.
Using the UK Football Betting Tips on OLBG
Alongside the UK football tips listed above, you will see the percentage of tips on that match or market which are in favour of the selection. For example, if there are 100 tips on Chelsea v Liverpool and 50 of the tips are on Liverpool, 25 on the draw and 25 on Chelsea, then Liverpool will have a confidence rating of 50%. Many of our users like to place bets on football tips with a really high confidence rating according to these stats
To assist with your football betting we have written a detailed guide to help you identify the best football bookmakers who may suit your betting needs, this article is packed full of useful information and the latest bookie sign up offers and promos.
When you have found a tipster and/or tips you like the look of you can place a bet by clicking the 'Add' to betslip icon alongside the UK football predictions without the need to navigate away from your OLBG session.
If you are looking to place an ante-post accumulator on the English leagues and cups or a daily Acca on the English football tips, you can continue adding selections to your betslip and when you are happy with your picks you can view our best bookie odds comparison chart at the top of the page before deciding with which bookie to place your bets.
Also before finalising your UK Football bets check out our Best Football Tipsters selections from the best football profit tipsters over the last 12 months. There are many ways to use the OLBG football predictions, if you have a question that isn't covered here, please use the contact form.
James Banting and Andy Powell, bringing a wealth of knowledge and experience to their work have created and maintain OLBG's comprehensive UK Football coverage.