Scottish Grand National 2017 Discussion

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Scottish Grand National 2017 Discussion

Postby Micko70 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:16 pm

Good luck Shrews, the distance would be a huge worry for me regarding Henry Parry Morgan, 15 of the last 20 winners had previously ran over at least 3m 5f and 8 of the last 10 had ran over at least 4 miles before.

It looks a decent race this year, good luck to all having a bet

UnderdogsLover
Stallion
Tips

Postby UnderdogsLover » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:54 pm

My EW of the race is Portrait King
Another one been following..

He stays the trip, got nice low weight.
Handles big size fields ok, like going.
Was also 6th in the Beecher's Chase in December
was 25f.
Longer trip today will suit, was 3rd also Aintree
early this month should put him spot on,
and hope run into the places.

Gl everyone...

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm

Some good views on this exciting race.

With my views on the race in question, has been answered with what has been written, horses with low weights should be considered, as record of this speaks well.

Possibly everyone thinks this Ayr track is easy, I personally think it is tough, as the home straight is up an incline and this will bear more on stamina, as the pace will be taking it's toll, even good ground, finishers may be just over double figures, as many here will be calling it a day.

AL CO 2014 winner and he is racing off 135, five points lower than his best mark, feasible chance and stays Jamie Moore in the plate, just wondering if Sean Bowen has come off this horse to ride The Ex fancy ARPEGE D'ALENE.

I do agree with MIcko70 about DAWSON CITY dourer stayer and could have a good weight to have a say with, another that might figure prominently is ALVARADO with Brian Hughes in the saddle, who is in outstanding form around the northern tracks and this one did run in the 2015 Grand National at Aintree won by Many Clouds and only beaten around eleven lengths, finished second in this race last year and may of missed the Aintree race to have a tilt at this race.
He may not of enjoyed the run at Cheltenham but could hold PREMIER BOND at these weights.
Can Derek Fox win a second National after bringing home ONE FOR ARTHUR, (by the way next years winner, heard it here first 16/1). He is on SELDOM INN another that could be interesting but Brian Hughes has not taken the ride but goes for Fergal O'Brien and this may be a tip in it self.

After sifting through the field and I am hoping to see the twelve year old ALVARADO to come good and be the second oldest winner of this race since Willsford in 1995.
22/1 not bad price to figure with and he will be prominent which he will be easily followed compared to the Aintree winner, who I highlighted would not be seen to the last part of the race.

Good luck with selections and be lucky

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Market Man » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:10 am

Premier Bond likes flat left handed courses, with nice wins at Doncaster and Newbury. He should run well but i have doubts about his stamina during that final half mile.

Vintage Clouds runs like a marathon test will suit and, like PB, should appreciate this return to an easier track. Jockey Danny Cook has two wins, two 2nds and three 4th place finishes from twelve rides over these fences so, despite VC falling twice in recent outings, Cook should be able to see them finish here.

I had Al Co a few years ago when he won this race and even though he's 12 with some questionable recent form, he does love winning in April and May ( five of his eight career wins coming during those months ) so i'll have to back him with some pocket change

I've had some great results in this race over the years with horses i felt very confident about but those two selections this year are less hopeful.

Shrews
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Shrews » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:53 pm

Well, that's the 11st 10lb weight busted for this year, but it remains a decent one to follow. Paul Nicholls wins again for the south of England trainers and I was happy with Cogry amongst the places and only beat a neck. I think Jamie Bargary is decent but would a pro have got him home?

Going into next year:

- South of England trainers
- Pro's not claimers
- Mark not weight on good ground?
- Must get the distance

Hats off to the winner, simply loves it round here and I hope he's targeted towards it in 2018 rather than risking the Grand National at Aintree.

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Micko70 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:10 pm

I agree

Another great renewal, 3 to jump and still 10 horses in with a chance.

If i had 10 bets i wouldnt have backed the winner despite running off the same mark as last year, his form coming into the race was awful