What are the best Robot Betting Software for Betfair?

beefofyorkshire
2yo
Tips

What are the best Robot Betting Software for Betfair?

Postby beefofyorkshire » Tue May 28, 2013 5:17 pm

Hi,

I've been running a spreadsheet for a number of years with my selections, winnings/losses and when I reach my target I stop betting but I don't have as much time as I used to do to maintain it and I often miss bets or mis record them.

Done a little bit of a google for auto bet bots on Betfair and there's 100's of them at varying prices from £10 per month to £100 per month, I don't really want to invest that type of money into one, are there any free ones or ones that you can recommend?

Basically I'll have 10+ selections a day, which I'd like to upload / select in the morning, place a stake and then when my profit reaches £xx then stop and equally if my losses reach £xx then stop.

Cheers in advance.

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Wed May 29, 2013 9:57 am

Do any members use them? It takes out some of the emotion, allows trading when you are not around. I dont use them so it would be good to hear from a member who does.

You should be able to set up an individual spreadsheet that fires in bets and trades from Bet Angel from your individual rules, or use an off the shelf application from one of the names on Betfair.

£100 a month is way too much and you should be able to find something suitable for much less.

Let us know how you progress.

davidg3907
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby davidg3907 » Wed May 29, 2013 11:26 am

I do , and have done for some time as I am often out all day.

Another often overlooked advantage of using a BOT is the amount of liquid funds required in the account.

It may not be as critical with backing horses as with laying them but :-

To place say 10 bets at £100 each during the day , this takes a bank of £1000 at the start of play if placing all bets before racing commences.

Using a BOT means bets are placed in real time and as long as there are sufficient funds in the account on a race by race basis a much smaller bank can be used.

As I said , this may not be as critical when backing horses but is imperative if laying even to modest liabilities.

Laying to a liability of say £50 would entail a bank of £600 if placing bets on 12 races. Multiple lays in a race do not affect this figure as £50 will always be reserved lest all bar the winner are non runners.

Obviously if a busy day like today where I may be involved in about 20-22 races one can imagine what size bank would be required to cover even those stakes. With a possiblility of maybe upwards of 60 horses some days , doing everything manually would be too much work anyway.

Even if successfully calculating stakes correctly , time would inevitably lead to errors while trying to get everything done.

Other factors such as adjusting bet size according to bank should be available on most BOTS. Some are far more versatile than others but trials can probably be obtained for a few days in order to play around with features.

All BOTS are likely to have a limit of installation ( i.e. one computer not a PC and a laptop ) but the one I use permits many BOTS to be running simultaneously on the same computer.

With different systems and rules for various price ranges , I have been running up to 12 copies at once without hitting Betfair usage charges. This is ideal for anyone running more than one system as results will be logged and kept separate.

The cost is now about £150 for a lifetime license ( it was less when I took out my subscription ) including updates and can be transferred from one computer to another by deactivating the initial installation.
LAYING Taking it further
LAYING Delving deeper - NEW

FOOTBALL blogs under Blogs/Football
New RELEGATION diary in Blogs/systems

turfline
Stallion
Tips

Postby turfline » Fri May 31, 2013 5:48 pm

I monitor, and keep a tight control on my Bot, it's not just a numbers game, it is knowing your sport you are going to trade in, I have an edge, and that is handicapping races.
A Bot has many options, and so does a Trader, but it is a learning game, but it is very fruitful if you get the right mind-set.

Models, structure, planning & discipline, add a Bot to this, and you are well on your way, and it helps if you like Maths.

DAVIDADAN
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby DAVIDADAN » Fri May 31, 2013 8:29 pm

I understand and use both Betfair,and Bet Angel to serve a purpose.
In the interests of newcomers to O.L.B.G,and many regular members,could someone consider a BLOG on the use of BOTS?
I know it is a personal thing as regards settings etc,but Davidg3907 has posted a very interesting article,i,m sure we are all eager to learn more.

davidg3907
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby davidg3907 » Fri May 31, 2013 11:06 pm

DAVIDADAN

Whilst the BOT that I use is able to keep bets placed before the race ( same as manually on Betfair ) it can not place bets in running and is therefore unsuitable for anyone looking for live trading.

It is very versatile in many other respects.

To split the work load , I would be prepared to write a BLOG on pre-race BOTTING ( back/lay ) if someone ( maybe yourself ) would undertake to do the same on in play BOTTING ( trading ) of which I have no first hand experience.

If done in the form of an appraisal of each type of BOT's capabilities , it should give people an insight into their workings and members could then decide which , if either , would be of benefit to themselves.
LAYING Taking it further

DAVIDADAN
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby DAVIDADAN » Fri May 31, 2013 11:15 pm

Davidg3907 You have really rekindled my interest in this area,and I would love to learn more.A blog as a when would certainly be valuable tool on O.L.B.G have you considered other avenues? Maybe a book? :hope:

David i have neither the experience,and sadly not the time.
As and when,i will help out where possible if i can.Maybe others much more knowledgable could assist?
Dave.

Online Trader
Stallion
Tips

Postby Online Trader » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:16 am

Deleted.
Follow me on Twitter

Light Years Behind

davidg3907
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby davidg3907 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:58 am

OK , I shall stick to my side of the deal re a BLOG - possibly about a week or so.

Again depending how much is involved it may spread to more than one part.

As far as a book is concerned , how would " Confessions of a taxi driver " suit you :? :lol:
LAYING Taking it further

davidg3907
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby davidg3907 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:51 pm

I have now posted a BOT blog covering the pre race type of bot.

At the same time I have been fiddling with an in play model.

This is not a full blown version but I am beginning to grasp the basics and if nobody volunteers to post a blog on in play use of a bot , I shall attempt one albeit from a still inexperienced aspect.

It would serve to distinguish between the two types of bot - those with in play capability and those without , but little more than that.

I would therefore be delighted if even at this late stage someone would offer to save me the trouble. :lol:
LAYING Taking it further

DAVIDADAN
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby DAVIDADAN » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:13 pm

Thank you David,no waffle just an informative,easy to understand blog.Could you inbox me the one you actually use so i can take a look? Kind regards.

davidfelix
2yo
Tips

Postby davidfelix » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:40 pm

I used laybotpro for a while when I was testing a horseracing strategy.
It was basically martingale on horses. It placed lay bets on the favourite when the odd was bellow or above a certain value.
I did well for a while but then I quit. The other guy that was testing the strategy with me lost his bank and I understood the same could happen with me.
That was my intro to martingale :console: