World Cup 2018 - £1000 Tipping Competition

PompeyJim
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

World Cup 2018 - £1000 Tipping Competition

Postby PompeyJim » Fri May 11, 2018 12:26 pm

The countdown is well and truly on as all roads lead to Russia for the 2018 FIFA World Cup and OLBG is delighted to announce we will be running our FREE to enter £1000 World Cup Tipping Competition!

Please tell all your football friends if they are not already a member of OLBG then now is a great time to sign up and test their football tipping prowess and to also take advantage of all the latest bookie sign up offers via OLBG, there will be plenty of World Cup related offers in the build up to Thursday 14th June when the tournament gets underway with hosts Russia tackling Saudi Arabia.

What's there to lose ? .. It's FREE to enter and 68 prizes up for grabs with a top prize of £200!

Here's a full rundown of the World Cup Tipping Competition rules and please feel free to reply and ask any questions if unsure as regards the competition set up criteria.

The 2018 FIFA World Cup commences on Thursday 14th June and concludes with the World Cup Final on Sunday 15th July, there will be a total of 64 matches and the OLBG World Cup Tipping Competition will run for the duration of the tournament.

ENTRY:

You do not have to enter this separately from the usual monthly Football tipping competition. If you are a member of OLBG then you just need to add World Cup tips (with comments) on any of the World Cup Outright and Match markets via the ‘Make a Tip’ menu –

https://www.olbg.com/members/maketip.php?id=77

The World Cup Tipping competition is FREE to enter and you must have 15 or more settled tips (with comments) on the World Cup markets/matches to potentially qualify for a prize.

The Outright Tournament Winner, Finalists, Top Goalscorer, Group Stage Winner and First Group Match markets are already available so you can add tips on these markets right away and will be included in the tipping competition.

PRIZES:

There is a total prize fund of £1000 and 68 prizes.

The Winner will receive £200 which will be the member with the highest accumulated level stakes profit (LSP) over the duration of the World Cup Tipping Competition and must have placed at least 15 tips with comments on the World Cup markets.

The Runner Up will receive £100

Third Place will receive £50

4th to 68th will receive £10 each.

This is in addition to the normal monthly football tipster competition prizes which you can still win during June and July based on the criteria for the Football competition table.

As usual, prizes are doubled for Elite Football Tipsters and trebled for Super Elite Football Tipsters. You can check your current status for Football via your ‘My Performance’ page –

https://www.olbg.com/members/myperformance.php

LSP (Level Stakes Profit) -

One point will be placed on win tips, 1/2 a point Each Way (Outright Market, Golden Boot etc) for Each Way tips at the odds taken. So it doesn’t matter if you select a stake of 50 or 500 virtual credits for these tips, if you place a win tip on a 3/1 winning tip you will then have a LSP of + 3 points. 1 Point is deducted for a losing tip so if you then had 2 losing tips, your accumulative level stakes profit for the competition will be down to + 1 point.

LSP>0

Members must finish the tipping competition with a positive LSP to potentially qualify for a prize.

TIPS & COMMENTS = 15 or more.

To potentially qualify for a prize you must place at least 15 tips with comments that contain at least 20 words or longer with good quality reasoning justifying your tip for OLBG followers.

Tips without comments are excluded, also poor comments without good reasoning or any that contain less than the minimum criteria will mean the tip will be excluded from the competition.

For example,

“I am tipping Brazil to beat Costa Rica because they are the best team in the world, come on Brazil!" is NOT an acceptable tip comment, reasoning has to be informative for OLBG followers looking to follow your tipping advice before placing a bet.

We just need a few good reasons as to why you are choosing your selection.

Also NO copy and pasting of tip comments - you will need to add different and original comments for each tip you make and in particular when tipping on multiple markets on the same match (Correct Score, To Win the Match, Total Goals, BTTS etc.... Mass duplication of tip content does not look very good on the website and app for users reading the match analysis offered by tipsters.

Also NO copying tip comments from other members or websites, as we will check and any found will be excluded, deleted and accounts closed.

For clarification if unsure what's acceptable, the OLBG Tip Comment Guide with useful pointers can be viewed via the link below -

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=61789

The tip comments will be analysed throughout the tipping competition and if OLBG deem them not to be of good enough quality they will be excluded and deleted from the competition so please strive for the highest quality, good spelling and punctuation, as this makes it easier for your followers to read on the OLBG App and website.

The World Cup is obviously a huge event world wide and we want members to share their key insights about their tips and why they are a good bet, then OLBG website and app users many of whom will be novice punters looking to place bets to watch during the World Cup can gain useful knowledge and additional guidance before placing their bets.

You will be able to keep track of the current World Cup Tipping Competition table standings via the 'Tipster Tables' under the 'Members & Tipster Competition' section on the Members Menu (link below) -

https://www.olbg.com/tables/events.php?id=4

When the World Cup has concluded, upon completion of checking comment and tip eligibility the final tipping competition table will then be confirmed and published during the week commencing 16th July and prizes will be paid into OLBG account within 14 days.

That's it!

Please feel free to reply below and ask any questions you may have regarding the OLBG World Cup tipping Competition and don't forget if you have any football friends who have not yet joined OLBG then now is a great opportunity to refer them using your 'Refer a Friend' link which can be found on your members home page (link below) -

https://www.olbg.com/members/raf.php

Also we already have numerous World Cup discussion threads active on the OLBG forum, make sure you check out the World Cup Betting Menu (link below) as we are looking for views for potential #PriceItUp style bets including markets like the Golden Boot and Outright winner etc...

viewforum.php?f=27

Good luck with your World Cup tips and enjoy the festival of footy for a whole month!
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant

Zipster
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Re: World Cup 2018 - £1000 Tipping Competition

Postby Zipster » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:14 am

Lots of good stuff up so far, remember you can get ahead of it all as everything is available to tip on, all group matches, group outcomes, the overall outcome and top scorer!

There is also some additional markets for goalscorers which you can now tip on...

Top England Premier League Goalscorer
Top Germany Bundesliga Goalscorer
Top Italy Serie A Goalscorer
Top Spain Primera Liga Goalscorer

So get those tips up for the world to see!
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant || A Great Man Once Said 'The first and the best victory is to conquer self' || Follow Me On Twitter

Zipster
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Zipster » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:30 pm

I have had a couple of members query about the Outright and Top Scorer markets and not being able to find them so thought I would add the quick links in here.

There is two World Cup 2018 options in the 'Pick An Event' the first one which is dated the 11th July 2018 will give you the option to tip the Finalists, the second option which is dated 15th July 2018 will give you the outright winner and top goalscorer.

World Cup 2018: Win Outright or Top Goalscorer
https://www.olbg.com/members/maketip.ph ... d+Cup+2018

World Cup 2018: Top England Premier League Goalscorer
https://www.olbg.com/members/maketip.ph ... Goalscorer

World Cup 2018: Top Germany Bundesliga Goalscorer

World Cup 2018: Top Italy Serie A Goalscorer

World Cup 2018: Top Spain Primera Liga Goalscorer
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant || A Great Man Once Said 'The first and the best victory is to conquer self' || Follow Me On Twitter

Jiri777
2yo
Tips

Postby Jiri777 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:09 pm

Hello
Two years ago we had long discussion about last EURO, when one member pick was deleted (he won 3:3 correct score tip)
TeddyT, competition manager announced that Correct score and HT/FT markets will not be included in future World cup and EURO competitions.

viewtopic.php?p=1545240#p1545240

Can you please specify what markets exactly are included in this world cup 2018 competition?

PompeyJim
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby PompeyJim » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:23 am

Hello
Two years ago we had long discussion about last EURO, when one member pick was deleted (he won 3:3 correct score tip)
TeddyT, competition manager announced that Correct score and HT/FT markets will not be included in future World cup and EURO competitions.

Can you please specify what markets exactly are included in this world cup 2018 competition?
Hi Jiri777,

All markets should count in the World Cup tipping competition, we will confirm on this thread with the Competition Manager tomorrow.

The previous issue was related to tip comment reasoning being relevant to the tip market selected, we totally appreciate it can be subjective but as with all the tipping competitions (monthly and big events) we ask that the tip reasoning is relevant, useful and informative for OLBG followers looking to follow a tipsters advice.

Best of luck to all members adding World Cup tips and enjoy!

Jiri777
2yo
Tips

Postby Jiri777 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:51 pm

Hello

Hi Jiri777,

All markets should count in the World Cup tipping competition, we will confirm on this thread with the Competition Manager tomorrow.

The previous issue was related to tip comment reasoning being relevant to the tip market selected, we totally appreciate it can be subjective but as with all the tipping competitions (monthly and big events) we ask that the tip reasoning is relevant, useful and informative for OLBG followers looking to follow a tipsters advice.

Best of luck to all members adding World Cup tips and enjoy!

Yes, discussion started about comment reasoning issue but then discussion went in direction that many tipsters chasing crazy odds at correct score, HTFT and first scorer markets and after that TeddyT clearly announced that some markets will not be included in further competitions
Reason of this is that we avoid possibility that some tipster win competition with one lucky hint (some crazy 6:1 or 7:0 score)
Instead, it is more logical that first prize win tipster with more winning tips during world cup at some more realistic markets like 1x2, U/O , AH ect.

rockabilly kat
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby rockabilly kat » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:56 pm

just been looking at the world cup event and there are 64 matches plus 14 other markets to tip in if we only do one tip a match and side market we will need 3900 points if no tip wins and I wondered will we be given extra points for this event just like we did for Cheltenham

Johhny80
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby Johhny80 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:13 am

I agree with other people here, in the World Cup tipster competition, some markets like correct score, HT/FT , should not count.With one or two lucky tips, many will have a very good chance to finish in the top places.

mazeymay
At Stud
Tips

Postby mazeymay » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:19 am

I do remember the discussion about the markets for future football competitions and Teddy T did state that ht/ft and correct score markets would not be counted towards the prizes for the competitions. OLBG could make a separate compo for those two markets and use some of the prize money for those. It would still leave a very healthy amount to be won on the main compo. It does seem that OLBG have moved the goalposts so to speak

The Snail
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby The Snail » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:49 am

I wouldn't worry guys....because when Uruguay vs England final comes in for me it wont matter how many correct score you get :lol: :lol:

IamGaston1
2yo
Tips

Postby IamGaston1 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:14 pm

from my experience, this competition will win luckiest tipster, who hit some big odds
I will post tips at most popular markets (i will also invest some money in those tips), but if I want to win this competition I will also try to hit some big odds at correct score, half time full time and first goalscorer markets (i will not invest money in those bets at my bookie for sure )
Simply, I am forced to do that way if I want to win this WC2018 competition.

PompeyJim
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby PompeyJim » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:18 pm

Just to confirm ALL World Cup match markets will be included in the World Cup Tipping competition.

We did look at using the virtual credit extra daily top up like for the Cheltenham competition but felt as the World Cup is spread over a month and not just the 4 days that the daily top up should be sufficient and staking strategy is part and parcel of the game!

Good luck everyone and enjoy the World Cup.