F1 - Time for change

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

F1 - Time for change

Postby Micko70 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:09 pm

As we approach yet another boring season with 1 team dominating the title race, it surely has to be time for a change.

I would love to see the following happen, surely it would make for a far better entertaining season.

In the first Grand Prix of the season Australia, start as we normally do, do a full qualifying session to provide us with where each car starts and award Points for qualifying (10 - 1 for first 10 places)

Then from the next race, every driver starts in reverse order, (winner starts in last place, last man starts in pole) and do a half race on the Saturday awarding points for the top 10 (same as above), then whether you finish on the Saturday determines where you start the race on Sunday.

Follow this for the remainder of the season, it should in theory make the season more enjoyable for fans to watch and should make it more exciting.

lazarus76
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips
Location: Not quite the middle of nowhere, but i can see it from here!

Postby lazarus76 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:03 pm

Interesting Idea Mick but I can't see that happening to be honest mate.

I have always thought to make it a level playing field simply make all the cars the same, then we would see who the best drivers are.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

Superbolbg II Champion.

Twitter - https://twitter.com/lazarus76

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Micko70 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:32 pm

That would be a good idea too, since Jenson Button won his title, we have only had 1 team (2 drivers) fighting for the title and it's getting boring.

I have hardly watched it this year, whereas i watched every race when Mansell & Hill were fighting for their world titles

lazarus76
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby lazarus76 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:06 pm

True, I hate it when teams dominate it just becomes boring, F1 was brilliant in the 80's and 90's, if the new owners want to make the sport more watchable and appealing to a younger audience they should look back to how things were done then.

Superbolbg II Champion.

Highfield61
At Stud
Tips

Postby Highfield61 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:54 am

Its simple remove all the electronic gizmos and make the driver drive the car.
Foe example, electronics do not miss gears, humans do !!!

davidg3907
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby davidg3907 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:14 am

The 14 race Formula-E season starts in Hong Kong on Sunday.

Some teams are better than others as certain improvements to a basic model are permitted, but fun is definitely assured as more usually happens in one lap than in the whole of an F1 race.

Several of the drivers are ex F1 so there is no lack of class.

Top speeds are slightly lower (around 160 mph) and acceleration not as powerful, but overtaking can occur as a result, and in general, speed differential would be barely noticeable on TV.
LAYING Taking it further
LAYING Delving deeper - NEW

FOOTBALL blogs under Blogs/Football
New RELEGATION diary in Blogs/systems

Ralfie1982
Group 1 Class
Betting Blog Tips

Re: F1 - Time for change

Postby Ralfie1982 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:37 am

I think the changes that are coming in the next season (moving back towards areo based cars) will make it much closer, the notable stand out selection for me next year will be Redbull. With Adrian Newey back designing the cars I think he'll very quickly get that car very close to the Mercedes if not past them
Cheers

Paul (Ralfie1982)
OLBG Moderator
Twitter : Ralfie01

My blogs on F1, Golf and CPFC are right here : http://www.olbg.com/blogs/Ralfie1982

lazarus76
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby lazarus76 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:58 am

I hope you're right Ralfie, I didn't bother to watch the USA gp last week (that's the 1st race I have missed in years), the powers that be have got to make the sport more appealing. Newey is an absolute genius and I hope the Aero-led packages can not just make the Red Bull more competitive but the sport more competitive, as a huge fan I will give it a chance, but if next year is anything like this year then I'm afraid F1 will lose a fan.

Superbolbg II Champion.

irnwho
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby irnwho » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:40 pm

I think that any change needs fully thinking through.

What you dont want to do is make things really confusing and so qualifying then changing things up I dont think would work.

There was the idea of removing all the driver aids off and making all the cars the same would be simple and make things interesting.