Cheltenham Festival Tuesday 14th March Discussion

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Re: Cheltenham Festival Tuesday 14th March Discussion

Postby titans choice » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:13 am

Elgin finished 3 and a 1/2 lengths behind River Wylde in their last race but Elgin was carrying 3lbs more in that race and it is available at around 25/1 is their a chance it can get in front of River Wylde and grab a place.

misterjohn
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby misterjohn » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:00 am

good luck to all today and hope all jockeys and horses come back safe and well
high bridge 1330 20/1 e/w for me only ten bob this ran 6th in the champion bumper last year beat just over 4lths by winner ballyandy high bridge won well enough last time out and seems to a very live shot

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:19 am

I'd like High Bridge a lot more if his jockey could claim his 7lbs but he can't so is effectively carrying a penalty in better company in this race.
Read my Blogs by clicking here.

onceuponatime
2yo
Tips

Postby onceuponatime » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:41 am

Hmm Vroum Vroum Mag out to 9/2 on Betfair now im worried! has it lost a leg or something how can it be that price do the bookies know something :?

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:48 am

Hmm Vroum Vroum Mag out to 9/2 on target='_blank' href='http://olbg.info/6/L3/D/words'>Betfair> now im worried! has it lost a leg or something how can it be that price do the bookies know something :?
Ruby picked Limini over Vroom Vroom and he should know so punters probably going by that and backing Limini.

benucci
At Stud
Tips

Postby benucci » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:51 am

13:30 1:30 Cheltenham 150 Win NB Melon (Daily Racing) 4 bet365

"In a race lacking depth i go with Melon who could be good in my view. He beat in his one and only Hurdle start Broken Soul who won a bumper the race before and was very fit as rival. The horse flopped going on but at that time of the year was not a complete slouch and Melon was easy on the bridle against him."

14:50 2:50 Cheltenham 25 EW Viconte Du Noyer (Daily Racing) 34 bet365

"For a strong trainer in Tizzard i feel that this unexposed sort might be under estimated in the market and makes a good longshot. Ran a fine race in Cheltenham fresh and i think this was quite a good race he won."

16:10 4:10 Cheltenham 25 EW Briery Queen (Daily Racing) 51 bet365

"Briery Queen ran a fine race last time out in Sandown against a very ready Lifebaot Mona and confirmed before a liking for Cheltenham and can see this horse grab a place at big odds and reverse the lto form."

16:50 4:50 Cheltenham 150 Win A Genie In Abottle (Daily Racing) 6.5 Paddy Power

"A Genie in a Bottle has to me the strongest recent form of all in his last race he was just denied by a really on song and targeted Anibale Fly and comes here with a strong winning chance."

16:50 4:50 Cheltenham 25 EW Arpege Dalene (Daily Racing) 13 William Hill

"Is looking out for a longer trip in my eyes and could be a good Each Way bet here as has the strong form last time out behind BigBadJohn who was on a Going day in Ascot."

17:30 5:30 Cheltenham 25 EW Burtons Well (Daily Racing) 21 bet365

"Worth a shot based on his 4th place against Royal Vacation not a bad piece of form and could be still bounce back at decent enough odds. Also the second place to Waiting Patiently looks good form."
Blog 1 closed: Benuccis Paddock Selections
Endbalance after 17 Days: +99,73 Units 1 Unit staked per Bet

onceuponatime
2yo
Tips

Postby onceuponatime » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:00 pm

Hmm Vroum Vroum Mag out to 9/2 on target='_blank' href='http://olbg.info/6/L3/D/words'> target='_blank' href='http://olbg.info/6/L3/D/words'> target='_blank' href='http://olbg.info/6/L3/D/words'>Betfair> now im worried! has it lost a leg or something how can it be that price do the bookies know something :?
Ruby picked Limini over Vroom Vroom and he should know so punters probably going by that and backing Limini.
Yeah you would think so but I cant get liminis run 2 runs ago out my head where was well beaten by a horse who Vroum beat with no problem and also if limini is really that good then why enter vroum in the race at all, I feel Ruby has chosen the wrong horse.

drogerson
At Stud
Tips

Postby drogerson » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:07 pm

Few statistics I've cobbled together may be of interest:

Supreme Novices Hurdle
Horses with no more than one hurdle run = 0/37 (Melon)
Horses beaten on their last start = 2/208 (Bunk Off Early, Cilaos Emery, Crack Mome, Elgin, Glaring, Labaik, Magna Cartor & Pingshou)
Horses last ran in a Handicap = 0/45 (Ballyandy)

I'd also point out that horses that are unbeaten and single figure odds have 7 wins from 27 runners (only over 15 races too).
Only one matches that description and that's RIVER WYLDE

Nunnylad
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby Nunnylad » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:43 pm

Hmm Vroum Vroum Mag out to 9/2 on target='_blank' href='http://olbg.info/6/L3/D/words'>Betfair> now im worried! has it lost a leg or something how can it be that price do the bookies know something :?
Limini picked over VVM is the biggest tell, plus AJ has beaten VVM and Limini beaten AJ. Can't see VVM winning but if you get a price where E/W gives you your money back then she becomes interesting again but even then, as I have pointed out in my post, I think most likely scenario is Limini and AJ 1-2 and then something else third, I fancy Lifeboat Mona for that.

Nunnylad
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby Nunnylad » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:47 pm

Yeah you would think so but I cant get liminis run 2 runs ago out my head where was well beaten by a horse who Vroum beat with no problem and also if limini is really that good then why enter vroum in the race at all, I feel Ruby has chosen the wrong horse.
But if VVM is so good why enter her in this and not the Champion? How I see it is that neither is quite good enough to win a Champion Hurdle, but Apple's Jade has the beating of VVM whereas she doesn't Limini. Remember, VVM was really struggling LTO and IMO won't be great this time as that big effort to win the race will have taken a lot out of her, plus her battle with AJ the time before that where she narrowly lost.
From the form that we know.. AJ and Limini look very closely matched but Limini beat AJ with something to spare, suggesting Limini-AJ-VVM in that order, I really think VVM needs time off to recuperate from those big efforts past two races.

horage
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby horage » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:53 pm

WELL HERE IT IS THE FESTIVAL 2017 ....LEST HOPE WE CAN ALL BACK A FEW WINNERS; GOOD LUCK EVERYONE.....

1.30 RIVER WYLDE Each Way ........................... ELGIN Each Way

the last run was very good with ELGIN giving RIVER WYLDE 3lbs and not beaten far SO NOT MUCH BETWEEN THESE TWO

I'm doing them e.w.for a bit of value as ballyandys too short A PRICE and melon might fall .

A combo f/cast for the race as these horses have a decent chance of hitting the frame

BALLYANDY...ELGIN...RIVER WYLDE ...CILAOS EMERY ....BUNK OFF EARLY......20 BET COMBO F/CAST.

Good luckk everyone... :hope:

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:19 pm

The excitement is brewing and ready to watch the best sporting event around, would love to be their with my mate but could not make it but I have the best seat in front of the tele and no one to bother me.

Good luck all with selections and their are plenty of great write up's with selections a plenty.

I went one of my betting sites and they sent me two free bets so my first is on BALLYANDY in the first, who has form in the book.
Would like to see this come good as it was a sizeable freeby.