£1000 CHELTENHAM TIPPING COMPETITION 2016

PompeyJim
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

£1000 CHELTENHAM TIPPING COMPETITION 2016

Postby PompeyJim » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:28 am

The most popular Horse Racing tipping competition on OLBG is The Cheltenham Tipster Competition and we are delighted to announce it is back for 2016 with £500 for the winner! + £200 for second and 3 x £100 for the runners up.

Please take your time to understand the entry terms below + ask any questions below if you aren't sure. Cheltenham starts on Tuesday 15th March and finishes on Friday 18th March.

Entry:

You do not have to enter this separately. If you are a member of OLBG then you just need to add tips (with comments) to the Cheltenham day of the race markets and these will count towards the Cheltenham table and the prizes.

Prizes:

500, 200, 100, 100, 100. This is in addition to the £7000 pounds + of normal monthly tipster competition prizes which you can still win during March based on the criteria for the other leagues. As usual, prizes are doubled for Elite Tipsters and trebled for Super Elite Tipsters. Check details and your current status from here if unsure.

http://www.olbg.com/forum/topic5_58372.html

LSP:

This means Level Stakes Profit. One point will be placed on the horse for win tips, 1/2 a point Each Way for Each Way tips at the odds taken (Best Odds Guaranteed and Rule 4 may apply on some tips). So it doesn’t matter if you select a stake of 50 or 500 for these tips, if you place a win tip on a 5/1 winner you will then have a LSP of + 5 points. If you then have 3 losing win tips, your level stakes profit will be down to + 2 points.

Day of Race Markets:

These should be available from the night before racing (normally around 5-6pm each evening). They will be called by the time of the race say 1.30 Cheltenham rather than Supreme Novice Hurdle and "3.20 Cheltenham" rather than "Cheltenham Gold Cup".

Tips placed on the ante post markets like those called "Cheltenham Gold Cup" will NOT count. We will announce when the races are available on the evening of Monday 14th.

LSP>0 the arrow means greater than and as with all tipster comps at OLBG we don’t pay prizes to people who don’t make a profit.

Tips = 20 or more. To qualify you must make at least 20 tips with comments that contain at least 20 words or longer with good quality reasoning justifying your tip.

Tips without comments are excluded, also poor comments without reasoning or any that contain less than the minimum criteria will mean the tip will be excluded from the competition.

We just need a few good reasons as to why you are choosing the selection. Also no copy and pasting of comments - you will need different comments for each tip! And no copying from other members or websites.

What we want here is for people to share their key insights about the horses they are tipping and why they think they are a good bet. Then people wanting to look at a race can read through lots of facts and opinions about each horse

At the end of the competition the comments will be analysed and if OLBG deem them not to be of good enough quality then you will not win a prize so please strive for the highest quality. Please strive for good spelling and punctuation, as this makes it easier for your followers to read on the OLBG App.

There will be increased daily top ups during the festival. So you will get 100 virtual points added each day on top of the normal 100 daily top up - enough to make 4 tips a day even if your betting bank has been cleaned out.

Please look around the OLBG Cheltenham forum and get involved in the discussion on each of the races, there is tonnes of quality info here already.

The 2014 OLBG Cheltenham Tipping Competition result was as follows

1. wichuda £500
2. Carpo Marx £200
3. Gerard the knowledge £100
4. The rabbit £100
5. danbradley £100

The 2015 OLBG Cheltenham Tipping Competition result was as follows

1. Zipster £500
2. The Shark £200
3. spbennett £100
4. noflukemameluke £100
5. Hogsback £100

Members tipping comments will be read this year by a bigger audience than ever before. We want to showcase the quality we have on OLBG, so please make your comments the best possible.

N.B If any comments are not deemed reasoned and helpful enough they will not count in the table. Comments will be checked during the Festival and then again at the end of the Festival. The final confirmed table will then be published in the week commencing the 21st March.

Don’t miss out and see if you can become the 2016 Cheltenham Champion !!
Last edited by PompeyJim on Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:17 am, edited 3 times in total.

man o bong
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby man o bong » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:01 am

Good luck everyone
When you're told you can't do something, do it and prove them wrong

The Shark
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Shark » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:16 pm

Good luck everyone :)

Just to give you an idea of what you need to achieve -

wichuda finished + 44.9 in 2014
bludiamond + 52.3 in 2013

Cant seem to be able to find what Zipster got last year. Think it was in the 40 odd region?

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:39 am

The Day Of The Race Markets will be available for tips and comments from Monday evening around 4.00 PM.

Zipster
Stallion
Tips

Postby Zipster » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:44 pm

Good luck everyone :)

Just to give you an idea of what you need to achieve -

wichuda finished + 44.9 in 2014
bludiamond + 52.3 in 2013

Cant seem to be able to find what Zipster got last year. Think it was in the 40 odd region?
I have no idea! Think it was just into the 40s, I know it was about 0.7 more than you :P (I am sorry, couldn't resist)

Good luck all to this year :hope:
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant || A Great Man Once Said 'The first and the best victory is to conquer self' || Follow Me On Twitter

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:17 am

Its £500 for the winner which should mean a holiday for someone.

Remember if you back 3 losers on day 1 dont panic as the comp in lots of years isn't settled until the final day of the meeting.

We expect the standard to be very high, so please do add in relevant information that will help the reader. There will be more readers of your tips and comments than ever before because of the OLBG App.

Good luck.

P.S There will be spot prizes for those members who add helpful/reasoned comments.

Leicester Bigot
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Leicester Bigot » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:22 pm

This is a terrific competition and deserves plenty of attention.

I used to try a naps competition in my local bookies back when the festival was over three days. I recall having a 16/1 winning NAP on day one and followed it up with a 12/1 NAP on day two. I felt in good shape until the local Butcher's son landed a 40/1 NAP on day three and I was blown out of the water.

I expect the standard will be high here as well, but I am looking forward to giving it a go. Thanks for this excellent incentive

:win:

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:29 pm

Good luck LB, you have made an excellent contribution to OLBG over the last 6 months. These contributions help all of us. :win:

PompeyJim
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby PompeyJim » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:40 pm

Tomorrow's race markets are now live for the Tipping Competition.

When adding your tips please ensure you use the timed races option from the make a tip drop down menu...

1.30 Cheltenham
2.10 Cheltenham
2.50 Cheltenham

etc ....And not the Ante Post markets by race name which are much further down the menu and should be out of view anyway.

GOOD LUCK everyone and have a great Cheltenham !!

harryevie
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby harryevie » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:16 pm

Any "Without the Fav" bets allowed?

wichuda
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby wichuda » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:44 pm

I will have a go at regaining my :<a href=/school/lesson15.php>NAP</a>: 2014 crown.

I can remember having a few placed horses in the first 3 days but it all came good on the last day with 3 winners

Tiger Roll
Very Wood
&
Savello in the last race

stu1883
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby stu1883 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:40 am

Where do we place our tips? On this thread? I've never entered a comp like this before but would like to have a go