Foxhunters Chase - Friday 18th March 2016 (Day 4)

jennywales
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby jennywales » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:50 am

I don't think Marito can be discounted quite so heavily - the going at Oldtown was effectively bottomless, and Aupcharlie does have some decent form in the book and the advantage of being ridden by J J Codd. Marito's eased a bit, but not by much.

Agree that On the Fringe was ridden "tenderly" - I saw the race on the TV at Sandown, and what happened to You Must Know Me was awful.

Salsify second, and as some firms are offering 20s, an e/w or place only might be worth considering.

Mendip Express is certainly also to be considered - all the attention on the top three in the market might mean someone can pinch a decent price....currently 8s with bet365.

TeddyT
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby TeddyT » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:00 am

DARK LOVER runs today in the last at Market Rasen and he is currently a 25/1 for the Festival.

He won well on his reappearance beating subsequent winner Join Together. The problem with Dark Lover is that he has tended to be at his best when fresh so not sure I'd be rushing to take 1/2 about him winning today after less then a month off. Obviously connections are trying to make sure he qualifies but he might be a doubtful stayer over the full Foxhunters trip anyway.

Any dark horses we need to consider for the Festival?
OLBG Tipster Competition Manager

evertoncal
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby evertoncal » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:04 am

On The Fringe is a stone better then his rivals and will win. The UK hunters are a poor bunch and nothing will get close to the Irish.

jackh1092
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby jackh1092 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:21 am

Agree Jennywales in both aspects.

Marito a nice enough e//w price now.

OTF given a handy ride but at same time gosh he was miles away.
Love horse racing
Loving OLBG only joined 12/1/15
Twitter @jackh1092

jennywales
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby jennywales » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:33 am

DARK LOVER runs today in the last at Market Rasen and he is currently a 25/1 for the Festival.

He won well on his reappearance beating subsequent winner Join Together. The problem with Dark Lover is that he has tended to be at his best when fresh so not sure I'd be rushing to take 1/2 about him winning today after less then a month off. Obviously connections are trying to make sure he qualifies but he might be a doubtful stayer over the full Foxhunters trip anyway.

Any dark horses we need to consider for the Festival?
I've already backed Dark Lover for the Festival - purely speculative, of course!

drobgod
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby drobgod » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:01 pm

Hi All

I've had my eye on a horse called Sydney Paget for a while now. You may remember the horse when it was trained by Donald McCain.

It's now run in 4 PTP's, winning three of them and finished a close second to Two Rockers in the other.

In the horses three wins he was ridden by top amateur Derek O'Connor, while RP Quinlan rode him in his only defeat.

I took it upon myself to phone Sydney Paget's trainer today and he told me he was confident O'Connor would ride should they go to Cheltenham. The horse will definitely have an entry, but does like give in the ground.

The trainer indicated to me (not exact quotes) that if it's soft he'll run, good he won't and good/soft it will be a tough decision.

I asked a few of my fellow PR guys to price the horse up as it wasn't in any lists prior to today and the best I've seen so far is 25/1. With ground an issue it's not an ante-post bet at the moment, but one to keep an eye on in the coming weeks.

jennywales
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby jennywales » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:29 pm

Useful stuff drobgod!

I was also surprised that Sydney Paget hadn't got a quote up till now - however, he won at Belharbour on Sunday, and he's now best odds 25s with BetVictor.

jennywales
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby jennywales » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:20 am

I'll be interested to see whether Pacha du Polder (1610 Fakenham) can open La Pendleton's account in hunter chases, with a view to Cheltenham in March.

The race in itself (ie Fakenham not Cheltenham) certainly isn't a betting proposition, at least for me. Pacha du Polder is likely to be longish odds on, he's without question the form horse, he's trained by Paul Nicholls, but it's his pilot's debut at this level, and there are only 6 runners.

Pacha du Polder is already qualified for Cheltenham so there's no pressure, but he needs to be given a decent ride, be up with the pace and in contention, whether he wins or not, to endorse the Cheltenham ambitions. Fakenham is a tight course but certainly not as challenging as Cheltenham, so a very good run is almost a must at this stage.

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:29 am

Oscar Barton retired this week. Gordon Elliotts horse had another injury so they decided to draw strumps.

jennywales
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby jennywales » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:05 pm

Yep saw that earlier on - a pity.

I notice there's been a dent put in Pendleton's Foxhunter ambitions, u/r at Fakenham today on her first ride under Rules.

She may make the start at Cheltenham, but from the looks of it the u/r wasn't the result of a spectacular blunder. Pacha du Polder now 25s.....

nellberg1
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nellberg1 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:34 pm

Couldn't back Pacha for this. pendleton's worked very hard over the last year to get to this position but her presence on board is a negative.

geordieracer
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby geordieracer » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:37 pm

You know my views on the Pendleton farago Jenny. Thankfully no-one else hampered by her today but surely someone needs to look at the truth of her riding ability and experience and explain to her, Betfair and Nicholls in words of one syllable that she ought not to take part at Cheltenham

Imagine the bad publicity for the sport if she is involved in something where a horse or rider gets badly hurt.