Tips

Fianna OLBG vs The Bookies 08/09 Thread

Postby fianna » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:16 am

Week 1 balance >> £100

fianna
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby fianna » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:23 pm

After looking thru' the weekends Premiership fixtures the game thats standing out to me is the Bolton vs Stoke game.

Bolton finished last season pretty strong an where unbeating in their last 5 games, including away draws at Chelsea & Tottenham an also beating Middlesbrough on the road, while at home they took max points of West Ham & Sunderland.

Stoke are new comers to the premiership an i believe they are gonna struggle trying to find wins on the road, they have brought in Dave Kitson from Reading who has proven he can score in the top division an he seems the most likely to get goals for them.

Bolton released a few of their ageing players over the summer but have also splashed abit of Cash bringing in Johan Elmander & Fabrice Muamba, Bolton had a good pre-season result in a friendly away at Doncaster where they won 5-0 with Elmander getting two goals an Muamba also getting on the score sheet.

I've decided to take the Asian Handicap with this game, Bolton -0.5 as i believe Bolton will be at least 1 goal better than Stoke on the day.

............................................................................................
Bet no.1

Pick > Bolton -0.5
Odds > 1.875
Bookie > bet365
Stake > £40

New Balance > £60
................................................................................................

fianna
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby fianna » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:51 am

.......................................................................................

Bet 1
Profit > £35
Strike rate 1/1 (100%)

Balance > £135

.........................................................................................

Week 2 > + £100

New Balance > £235

........................................................................................

robbie08
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby robbie08 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:51 pm

Was just looking thru the threads there Fianna. Just thought I'd say that was a good spot.

fianna
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby fianna » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:23 am

Cheers Robbie,
..................................................................................................
Weekend 2 fixtures -

Bets ill be considering for the weekend.

Liverpool vs Middlesbrough.

The last 0-0 draw in this fixture was 9 games ago, Liverpool have won 6 of the 8 games played since that 0-0 and have drew another 2. In five of the six wins Liverpool have won by the 2-0 scoreline, while the two draws ended 1-1.
I've got a sneaky feeling Robbie Keane could end up getting his 1st premiership goal for Liverpool infront of the anfield faithful, he was took off against Sunderland an looked rather disapointed with himself, I'm sure he will be full of determination at a buzzing Anfield.
Altho i think Middlesbrough are a good side an hada nice opening day win hosting Spurs i just cant see them taking anything from this game.

Possible bets
............................................................................................
Liverpool win @ 1.4 Ladbrokes
Fernando Torres (anytime scorer) @ 1.91 Paddy Power
Robbie Keane (anytime scorer) @ 2.62 William Hill
Correct Score Liverpool 2-0 Middlesbrough @ 7 Ladbrokes
..............................................................................................

Blackburn vs Hull

Blackburn opened up their season in good fashion with a 3-2 win at Everton(albeit a young weakened Everton team). where as Hull also started well with a good home win against Fulham in their 1st ever premiership game.
I believe Hull are gonna be pretty much like Stoke on the road this season an will find it difficult to score as many as their oponnets, quite alot has changed at Blackburn with alot of staff moving both in an out, they only lost 4 home games in the league last season an should have enough to see of Hull infront of their home fans.
I think it will take Hull a few games to tweak the defence a little an get used to the pace of the premiership, they still seem to me like a team that could let in alot if teams are given a chance to attack them consistently. Santa Cruz must be a good anytime scorer bet in this game.

Possible bets
..............................................................................................
Blackburn win @ 1.67 Ladbrokes
Blackburn -0.25 @ 1.75 betdaq
Santa Cruz (anytime scorer) @ 2.2 William Hill

fianna
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby fianna » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:37 am

After careful consideration I've desided to leave the Liverpool game alone, i was stuck in two minds about getting on the correct score at Liverpool 2-0 & Liverpool 2-1, I think the way the two teams have started Middlesbrough might end up getting a goal against Liverpool.

That leaves me with the Blackburn vs Hull game...
I think blackburns gonna go out an attack Hull from the start so was very tempted to get on Blackburn winning at half time @ evens, but its the anytime goal scorer bet im gonna be placein this week.

...............................................................................................
Bet . 2

Pick > Santa Cruz (anytime scorer)
Odds > 2.25
Bookie > Partybets
Stake > £85
...................................................................................................

Closeing Balance > £150

fianna
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby fianna » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:42 pm

...........................................................................................

Bet. 2

Profit > £-85
strike rate > 1/2 (50%)
overall profit> £-50

Balance > £150

Week 3 + £100

New balance £250

.............................................................................................

fianna
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby fianna » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:15 pm

I'm only gonna be looking at one game this week....

Middlesbrough vs Stoke
Middlesbrough has started quite brightly and have looked good from their two games played so far. An opening day win against Spurs then losing out late on at Liverpool. As i said in one of my earlier posts I believe stoke are gonna find it pretty hard picking up points on the road. they hada excellent win over Aston Villa in their last game played but that was at home an i really cant see past Middlesbrough for this game. Stokes only away game so far was the opening day trip to Bolton, A game Bolton had wrapped up before half time.

Possible bets.
Home Win
Middlesbrough -1
ht/ft Middlesbrough/Middlesbrough

fianna
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby fianna » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:02 pm

Balance > £250
................................................................................................
Bet.3

Pick > Middlesbrough -1 Asian Handicap
Odds > 2.125
Bookie > bet365
Stake > £150
...................................................................................................

Closing balance > £100

fianna
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby fianna » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:01 pm

Bet. 3

Stake returned > £150
overall profit > £-50

week 4 + £100

New balance £350

fianna
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby fianna » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:02 pm

I had my eye on 3 games for this week...

Israel vs Switzerland
Montenegro vs Bulgaria
Georgia vs Ireland

Israel have a very impressive home record an teams that go there dont often come away with many points, their last 3 home games have been victorys over Russia, Macedonia & Romania, very tempted to get on Israel at what i consider to be a very generous price @ 2.29

Bulgaria have won their last 5 matches played, 3 of them have been away wins where they kept clean sheets in 2 of them, they have a few really talented players an with Berbatov leading the line, they are a team that has goals in them.

Irelands only defeat in their last 5 games has been at the hands of Brazil, in saying that, they havnt won any of them 5 either, 4 draws, but some decent draws at that. This will be the 1st competitive match for Trapatoni an Ireland will be looking to get of to a good start. These two nations where in the same qualifying group for Euro 2004 with Ireland beating Georgia both home an away. The fact this game is being played in Germany only adds strengh to the Ireland win for me. I watched Georgia get ripped apart by N. Ireland back in march an they looked very plain an ordinary, they're main danger that night was a teenager Levan Kenia, hes a small technical creative player an despite his young age the more senior Georgian players have alot of faith in him an will always try an get to ball to him. I feel Ireland has the right players in the squad to make sure this youngster, who was signed by Schalke in the summer, isnt allowed to pull the strings in midfield.

Gonna have another wee think about my selection this week an will post my bet later tonight.

fianna
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby fianna » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:55 pm

Small mistake in the write up there . Schalke signed Levan Kenia in January tho hasnt played a game for them yet, he still wont be 18 til next month.
....................................................................................................

Bet. 4

Pick > Ireland -1 (additional)Asian Handicap
Odds > 2.28
Bookie > bet365
Stake > £150