Can You Become A Profitable Football Tipster?

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Can You Become A Profitable Football Tipster?

Postby nors » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:47 pm

Botev composed a blog on how to become profitable footy tipster which you can read here https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=411854

Many members have been tipping on OLBG for a long period of time, how have you managed to profit?

What mistakes did you make that you have now cut out?

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Can You Become A Profitable Football Tipster?

Postby LustForLeith » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:50 pm

Great blog and interesting point.

Profability I'd say would come down to self discipline. Having a budget you can afford to lose, a market you can focus on and rules that you stick by.

For me just now I'm hitting a small profit on over 2.5 goals. I mentioned for instance that the Scottish Development Leagues tend to have a lot of goals. I'll start with a budget and aim for a target sum.

I'll also have an over 2.5 goals flutter at the weekend. Its a bet I love as you're not bothered about who scores as longer somebody scores enough!

A good thing to do is to make tips on here and have way judge how much profit you could make or money you could lose before you bet!

Mr Blue
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby Mr Blue » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:18 am

I'm a bit confused as to what is meant by football tipster in this case.

Unless it means making money from selling tips? I assume it must as I cannot see any advantage whatsoever in going to all the trouble the blog suggests just to give away tips.

Ok then.

Clearly the best way to be make money from selling tips is to find the best tipsters,whether free or paid,and sell some of their tips with say your very best 40 tips of the year thrown in to keep yourself honest. You're not doing anything wrong because you are having to be a good judge of judges which takes skill.

But assuming that's out of the question -though it really shouldn't be-I really do think that many people make this so much harder than it needs to be.

Being a mere tipster is way easier than trying to make a signicant profit from betting real money. The thing is it's not stated how much profit is profit. If it's just 5% then ,goodness me,just give as few tips as you can get away with. Anyone who can't make 5% profit from their top 40 bets of the season clearly doesn't know as much as they think they do.

Good luck

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:01 pm

We like your posts Mr Blue as they create interesting debate and are always shrouded in us wanting to find out more from you :win: You can start posts that create debate and we would welcome your input.

A football tipster is someone who tips on football, he or she can have their own raison d'etre for tipping on football, it may not necessarily be to make money as they may already be stinking rich, if through their tips they receive plaudits from others and win a bit of free cash they may be perfectly happy with those 2 outcomes.

We use the term on OLBG for someone who uses the football tipping competition, and as would like the best tipsters and best comments on OLBG anything that helps the tipster make virtual profits and their tips to be followed by others is an aim for OLBG.

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:57 pm

Are you profitable so far in 2017?

Have you done anything different that you can pass on to your fellow tipsters?