The Weekend Football Betting Challenge 2016/17 - join in!!!

tbuckley
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Re: The Weekend Football Betting Challenge 2016/17 - join in!!!

Postby tbuckley » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:30 am

Cheers Carlos, Weyayeman & David for joining in with your interesting looking bets and indeed good luck with them, let's hope we get as many winners as possible between us :win:

I'll be keeping a check on the 3pm results via my phone as I'll be at Alfreton Town vs Altrincham, El Classico has nothing on 17th in National League North vs Bottom of National League north.

Alfreton & Altrincham have conceded 90 goals between them so I'm hoping for more goals today, I'll see what odds are on offer in the bookies in Alfreton when I go down there but I'm looking at having a punt on both teams to score, Over 2.5 goals, Alfreton to win 2-1/3-1, Alfreton are odds on to win as Altrincham are bottom and have only had 1 win all season so surely this is a great opportunity for Alfreton to get a massively needed win as they need the points to help climb the table.

We'll see what happens, either way I'm looking forward to getting out in the fresh air & hopefully watching a good game with goals, I'm honestly more interested and more bothered about that game than I am Man United vs Arsenal which I have to say really isn't grabbing me, maybe it's because of all the boring, stupid hype on Sky with all the "Re-United" rubbish and the second by second countdown that's been going on for the last 7 years, utterly pointless but then again that's the case with most of the hype and the stats they trot out these days.

all the best to everybody with your weekend football bets :win:
Loving it on OLBG, on twitter @tbuckleythinks :

Top 10 Football Tip markets

Football Tips Strategy to Win

Crofty11
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby Crofty11 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:08 pm

Well last week I had 4 homes at odds on, should have said draws they did indeed all draw, I couldn't pick 4 draws deliberately if i tried all year...hey ho. My homes this week are, Barrow , Dover and Doncaster all at odds on, I have a 1.5 treble on this.

Then the Scottish pundit in the racing post whom i quite like had three picks i took two, Falkirk and Forfar and added Tranmere who are going very well I have a 1/2 point treble on these.

And a 1/2 point acer across all 6.

GL

On man U v's Arsenal I have done a draw at halftime and united to win 1-0 in 90 minutes on the other thread , put a very small punt on that as well.

tbuckley
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby tbuckley » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:38 pm

Crofty you were so unlucky with your Man United draw half time & 1-0 full time prediction, I guess Giroud won't be your favourite player right now.... :lose:

I went to the Alfreton match and then straight to a pub afterwards so I didn't get chance to check all the results from all the leagues so I hope your bet & the others posted went well.

The Alfreton Town vs Altrincham match was a really strange match, Altrincham are rank bottom of the National League North but they certainly didn't play like a struggling team and were deservedly 1-0 in front at half time, indeed should have been a bigger lead, although in saying that the weirdest thing I've seen at football for some time was an Altrincham player, not the goalkeeper, making a great save with his hands to block a goalbound shot, of course the referee gave a free kick to Altrincham instead of the red card to Altrincham player & penalty to Alfreton, unreal decision.

2nd half Altrincham were best side again, Alfreton were mostly really poor, Altrincham should have scored a few goals and been 2-0 or 3-0 up but instead Alfreton equalised with a scrappy goal, that didn't affect Altrincham at all and they took the lead again a few minutes later, right up until the last few minutes it looked like Altrincham would get the win they deserved but then from somewhere & somehow Alfreton got 2 late goals to win it 3-2, as an Alfreton fan that was great to see but honestly wasn't deserved and it was seriously tough on Altrincham, they should have won but somehow lost, heartbreaking for them and the fans who travelled but they must believe as the team are clearly better than their bottom place and results suggests, I think they will be big value to get a result against somebody soon so keep your eyes peeled for Altrincham on the coupon.

The 3-2 Alfreton win meant that my pre-match bets paid for my pre-match meal & gallon of Guinness, needed that to keep me warm during the match, although being greedy I wish I'd included Alfreton 3-2 in my bets, still I'll settle for enjoying the game and winning a few quid, remember Alfreton games have goals & plenty of them.........

With regards to my bets from the blog last weekend then I hit 4 out of 6 in the Heinz with Everton and Plymouth failing to win, that meant the Heinz delivered just over half the stake back so a loss but at least dragged something back and not a complete blank.

The profit figure for the blog stands at 85+ points so far and I'm looking to build on that this weekend :-

https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=411941

full details as always on the blog but I'm going with the -1 Handicap market bets this weekend with these teams and these bets :-

NEWCASTLE UNITED -1 Handicap at Evens vs Blackburn
LIVERPOOL -1 Handicap at 4/9 vs Sunderland
MANCHESTER CITY -1 Handicap 8/11 vs Burnley
ARSENAL -1 Handicap at Evens vs Bournemouth
WEST BROM -1 Handicap at 9/2 vs Hull
CHELSEA -1 Handicap at 15/8 vs Tottenham

Yankee + accumulator :-

NEWCASTLE UNITED -1 Handicap at Evens vs Blackburn
LIVERPOOL -1 Handicap at 4/9 vs Sunderland
MANCHESTER CITY -1 Handicap 8/11 vs Burnley
ARSENAL -1 Handicap at Evens vs Bournemouth

Win singles & double :-

WEST BROM -1 Handicap at 9/2 vs Hull
CHELSEA -1 Handicap at 15/8 vs Tottenham

I've got to say that since I wrote the blog the Chelsea bet has become more tempting as Tottenham were awful against Monaco and were not that good against West Ham, I can see Chelsea scoring a few goals and Tottenham don't look that good up front either, no pace in the team, so can see Chelsea keeping them out, might even have Chelsea 2-0/3-0/3-1 for small money.

As always looking forward to seeing what people come up with this weekend and all the best with your football bets, I'll be working at Doncaster Friday & Saturday so will catch up with this some point on Sunday. :win:

weyayeman
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby weyayeman » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:47 am

2 winners and 2 games drawn last week to give zero return.

summary of bets to date

No of bets 14
total staked = 84pts
returns = 46.68pts
profit/loss = -37.32 points

my bet for today is

4 x 1.5pt trebles
1pt 4 fold

Aston Villa 1.85
Barnet 2.2
Reading 2.5
Ipswich v QPR over 1.5 Goals
PAYS 53.47pts for 4 winners

I have selected over 2.5 goals in the OLBG comp. for the Ipswich game, but at the last minute for this bet I decided to play it safe and go for over 1.5goals

Carlos4
Listed Class
Tips

Postby Carlos4 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:59 am

One win and 2 draws for me last week not good enough so here goes:-

West Brom to beat Hull @ 7/4. West Brom up to 9th on the back of 2 good wins. Hull just not good enough.

Derby to beat Norwich @ 11/10. Derby won last 3 games. Norwich lost last 3 games.

Preston @ 11/10 to beat Burton. Preston are a side that I think can make the play offs this year. Burton not scored in last 3 matches.

Treble pays just over 11/1. Good luck all, Carlos.

mazeymay
At Stud
Tips

Postby mazeymay » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:56 pm

Liverpool -1 to beat Sunderland
The hosts are in very good form of late, especially at home
Sunderland did manage to get their first away win lto at
Bournemouth but this looks an uphill task

Chelsea to beat Spurs
The hosts are really kicking into gear with six straight wins
and six clean sheets in the league
Spurs are still unbeaten in the league so it should be a close
affair but with the home side performing really well at both ends
of the pitch I cam them winning again

Newcastle to beat Blackburn
The home side made it eight consecutive wins last weekend
at Leeds 2-0 and with Rovers gaining just four points from
eight away games this does look a home win in the offing

Treble pays around 5/2

Crofty11
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby Crofty11 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:37 pm

Thanks TB, yes i was bit miffed, but my fourfold came in and two of my treble so it was a close thing for a very good day.

So today my fourfold is,

Portsmouth 4-7, lincoln 2-5, tranmere 1-3 and east fife 4-9, not much to say about them apart from they are all well fancied. 1.5 points on this

My treble is

Bradford v swindon..Bradford going very well and look to have a good chance here at Evens
Forest green who are at Ev and Queen of the south at 5/6 both look as if they can get away wins.

1/2 point on this and a half point 7 fold.

My pick on the other thread is for Spurs to defy the odds and the pundits to get a 0-0 draw against chelsea. , very small punt on this!

mazeymay
At Stud
Tips

Postby mazeymay » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:37 am

2 winners and 2 games drawn last week to give zero return.

summary of bets to date

No of bets 14
total staked = 84pts
returns = 46.68pts
profit/loss = -37.32 points

my bet for today is

4 x 1.5pt trebles
1pt 4 fold

Aston Villa 1.85
Barnet 2.2
Reading 2.5
Ipswich v QPR over 1.5 Goals
PAYS 53.47pts for 4 winners

I have selected over 2.5 goals in the OLBG comp. for the Ipswich game, but at the last minute for this bet I decided to play it safe and go for over 1.5goals
Well done weyayeman, all four won and puts you back in the black overall :win:

tbuckley
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby tbuckley » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:28 pm

Great work again Weyeyman :win:

cheers to everybody who joined in again, let's hope we can find more winners this weekend, personally speaking I need to after a frustrating effort with my -1 handicap bets last weekend with only 2 teams winning by more than 1 goal, really surprised that Newcastle actually lost without scoring and that Man City only beat Burnley 2-1, still that's how it goes and just have to try again.

https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=411969

I've updated the blog with this weekend's bet, all details on the blog as usual but basics are that I'm concentrating on having a punt on the F.A. Cup 2nd round action again after really enjoying the 1st round action & bets :-

Yankee + acca :-

BLACKPOOL at 4/9 to beat Brackley
LUTON at 1/2 to beat Solihull
PLYMOUTH at 17/20 to beat Newport
NORTHAMPTON at 2/5 to beat Stourbridge

nothing fancy in terms of bet type or prices this weekend, quite simply I feel those 4 teams have great chances of winning and having got the cup bug again by going to Alfreton vs Newport I want to see how the F.A. Cup goes this weekend, genuinely more interesting for me than the Premier League which is grinding me down this season, just getting more & more sick of Mourinho and that's killing it for me, although I will say that Man City vs Chelsea on Saturday lunchtime is something to look forward to.

looking forward to seeing what bets people come up with this weekend, all the best in the battle against the bookies :win:

Carlos4
Listed Class
Tips

Postby Carlos4 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:48 pm

One win and 2 draws again. Frustrating. Onwards and upwards.

Southampton to beat Crystal Palace to nil @ 11/4. Palace are completely devoid of confidence whereas the Saints will be buzzing after beating my Arsenal (I lumped on them when Wenger made 10 changes). They have a formidable defence.

Ipswich to beat Bristol City @ 3/1. Think this is a big price. Ipswich have been scoring well. City lost some confidence.

Brighton to beat Cardiff @ 6/4. Cardiff lost 3 of last 4 games. Brighton unbeaten in 13.

Treble pays 36.5/1. Could be a good Christmas! Good luck all, Carlos

mazeymay
At Stud
Tips

Postby mazeymay » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:06 pm

Chelsea 13/5 to win at Manchester City

City have dropped points in each of their last three home games, Everton, Southampton
and Middlesbrough have all left the Etihad with a point
Chelsea are on a seven game winning run, conceding just one goal, in their 2-1 win
over Tottenham
The Londoners defence is proving very strong and with City being fragile at home I
can see the away win here at very large odds

Reading 3/1 to win at Fulham
Fulhams home form is not very strong and they have the 5th worst home record in
the Championship. They are picking up more points on the road and they welcome
a Reading side who have climbed to 3rd in the table with five straight wins and four
clean sheets

The double pays over 14/1 which does look very tempting for two sides in such decent form

weyayeman
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby weyayeman » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:17 am

After a full house last weekend I am hoping I can increase the profit with at least 3 of the results coming in today :-)

Summary of bets to date:

No of bets 15
total staked = 90pts
returns = 100.15pts
profit/loss = 10.15 points

for this weeks bets I am going for:

4 * 1.25 trebles & 1pt 4fold

Ipswich 3.75
Birmingham 2.05
Blackburn 2.75
Norwich 1.95

If all win, payout = 125.26pts