College Football 2017

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Re: College Football 2017

Postby titans choice » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:08 pm

I was just looking at the stats from the Army v Fordham game from last week and Army scored 64 points but quarter back Ahmad Bradshaw attempted just 2 passes in the entire game failing to complete any.They ran the ball 47 times for 513 yards and 8 touchdowns at a average off 10.9 per carry i was wondering has any other team every won a game without making a completed pass or is this the only time it has ever happened.

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:31 pm

I was just looking at the stats from the Army v Fordham game from last week and Army scored 64 points but quarter back Ahmad Bradshaw attempted just 2 passes in the entire game failing to complete any.They ran the ball 47 times for 513 yards and 8 touchdowns at a average off 10.9 per carry i was wondering has any other team every won a game without making a completed pass or is this the only time it has ever happened.
Good question titans. Not sure of the answer myself, The triple option offense is great for the service academies Army, Air Force & Navy. They can't recruit the best players because of the requirement to go into military service after graduation whilst they can't recruit the massive linemen that you see on SEC offensive lines because they have weight limits to reach at graduation.

thewiesguy
Listed Class
Tips

Postby thewiesguy » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:13 pm

Its interesting. Even though it might not be sexy I think teams like Army would be happy to not even attempt a pass.

Air Force went a little more 50/50 last year but this season they are looking to get back to way less balance.

arniehi
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby arniehi » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:22 pm

4 good looking games in particular this week, with Oklahoma travelling to Ohio State; Georgia visiting Notre Dame; Stanford playing USC; and the game of the week in Auburn playing at Clemson.

Quick look at the lines has me favouring the following;

Auburn/Clemson ; Under 53.5
Oklahoma/Ohio St ; Over 64.5

Spread wise I think Clemson should cover the 5 point spread, although it'll be tight. I think Georgia are a very attractive underdog, but I want to see more of Notre Dame before chancing that. I'd imagine USC would cover, but Stanford have had an extra week off and USC did struggle a little against Western Michigan (particularly the offensive line) and the expectation might just be tilting them a bit. The more I look at it the more I like Stanford with the points, but again, it's too difficult to call. I think Ohio State will probably cover, but the line is getting bigger and I wouldn't want it to grow any further than 8.

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:14 pm

It's an excellent slate of games. Ohio State's secondary worries me. They lost 3/4s of it to the 1st round of the draft last year and Indiana torched them for 400+ yards.

The Hoosiers did throw the ball 68 times but it gives Oklahoma a blueprint of how to beat their defense as they won't do it on the ground.

With you on the totals of both games. Auburn vs Clemson has two inexperienced QBs against two well established, top tier defenses

thewiesguy
Listed Class
Tips

Postby thewiesguy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:55 pm

I know those are the big one but Purdue on Friday night really looks good to me. Love the new coach and the talent of B10 vs MAC. They are just -3 at home.

I know this site has a lot of participants from across the pond so the big games get a lot more pub. The smaller profile games often offer the best value.

arniehi
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby arniehi » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:25 pm

Very true. I wish I had time to do complete write ups but currently taking a few days vacation in Dubai. As such I won't (can't) be betting on anything and am trying to avoid too much time looking at a computer or TV screen.

Good luck to everyone this (mainly) Sat on all College games. I still think College Gameday Live is the best sports show on TV in the world and hopefully in 2 weeks we'll know a fair bit more about where teams stand.

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:13 pm

I know this site has a lot of participants from across the pond so the big games get a lot more pub. The smaller profile games often offer the best value.
I don't disagree with this. I love watching the smaller schools, as you'll quite often learn something that maybe the bookmakers don't factor into their spreads.

I was quite high on South Florida this year, but they haven't looked like a team capable of staying unbeaten yet

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:38 pm

Thoughts on Baker Mayfield apologising for planting the Oklahoma flag into OSU's turf after their win on Saturday? A bit of emotion is a good thing and the win was huge for Oklahoma as it gives them that signature win they may need come selection sunday.

Looking ahead to week three and games are being cancelled due to the hurricane. Miami @ Florida State is the biggest to go whilst Florida International @ indiana and Georgia Tech @ UCF have also gone.

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:45 pm

Thoughts on Baker Mayfield apologising for planting the Oklahoma flag into OSU's turf after their win on Saturday? A bit of emotion is a good thing and the win was huge for Oklahoma as it gives them that signature win they may need come selection sunday.

I agree emotion is good to see and as a Liverpool fan i like to see Klopp's emotion on the sidelines and i remember Graeme Souness did somthing similar when he was Fenerbache manager and they beat Galatasaray as he ran on and planted a flag.But it only takes a few of the crowd to get annoyed at that action and it could cause a lot of trouble so managers and coaches should know that their actions might cause a reaction that might get out of hand.

arniehi
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby arniehi » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:39 pm

Nice to be back home and able to watch some games this weekend. I was disappointed the Over didn't land last week after a 6 point first half (the fact it still came semi close just shows what should've happened), but that Under on Clemson must have really cost the Bookies.

A good slate of games this week as Clemson play Louisville, with Lamar Jackson coming off a HUGE performance. Oklahoma State came up big last week, but I only managed to catch the highlights yesterday. Notre Dame were the favourites that had to play a live dog and lost. They should make a statement against Boston College. I'm really liking Penn State this year and think they have a great shot at making the Top 4. The Longhorns put a horribly disappointing Wk 1 behind them when trouncing San Jose St, but they have to play USC and it's just a matter of how many points Darnold puts up. Stanford made a statement against Rice and it was a little disappointing they couldn't run USC closer, but back against a team like the Aztecs the line becomes interesting.

Doing something similar to Wk1 in terms of running a few lines involving Top 25 teams.

1.95 - Oklahoma State -10.5 (@ Pittsburgh, partly because they're coming off a tough game against Penn State who always had them held).
1.85 - USC -15.5 (Texas aren't particularly good, particularly on D. It doesn't take much to shut out San Jose State and they'll struggle a lot here).
1.90 - Stanford -8.5 (2 scoring plays of more than 90 yards is something that can't be relied upon, and Stanford will bounce back big here).
1.83 - LSU -7 (They are a beast defensively, and should be more than capable of taking advantage of Mississippi States defense, who haven't been tested this year).

Those are the 4 I quite like. I'd be wary of taking a few spreads even though I think teams will cover (Penn St, Oklahoma).

Phigam
Handicapper
Tips

Postby Phigam » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:48 pm

Oklahoma State -13.5 @ Pitt

I don't see how Pitt can keep up with OK. St.'s offense. Pitt will try to run the ball to shorten the game but eventually they will need to pass and their passing game is poor. Mason Rudolph is off to a great start this year for the Cowboys and he can continue it here.
Plus, Pitt. haven't beaten a top ten ranked team since 2003.

OK. St, -13.5