2017 Season Build-up/Preview/Tips/Selections

Jim Brown
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips
Location: Dallas, Texas. Go Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, FC Dallas, and Burn!

Re: 2017 Season Build-up/Preview/Tips/Selections

Postby Jim Brown » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:59 pm

I dusted off the blogging gloves and cracked the fingers! My first NFL blog is now up. I decided to take a different angle view, rather than an outright preview (especially since Gman has some cracking blogs on that already up), so my first one is a look at Rising Stars of 2017, and some possible bets to go along with it.

https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=412846
OLBG Moderator
100% OLBG!
Follow me on Twitter: @ebook_olbg
Read My Blogs on OLBG
Founder of the OLBG NFL Underdog Blog

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:02 pm

Good stuff Jim. I'm with you on you're number 2 choice, think he's landed in a perfect situation and I think it's a bet :win:

Jim Brown
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips
Location: Dallas, Texas. Go Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, FC Dallas, and Burn!

Postby Jim Brown » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:24 pm

Good stuff Jim. I'm with you on you're number 2 choice, think he's landed in a perfect situation and I think it's a bet :win:
As a Cowboys fan I hate to say it, but the Giants look awfully good on offense this season. You could have forgiven the Giants if they eased Engram in this season given the offense they already have, but it does seem pretty clear that they have brought him right into the fold at TE. Manning has so much to aim at now and the quandary for defenses is if they try to double-team Beckham Jr then Marshall or Engram will slay them. The Giants are good bets to reach the play-offs, so that means plenty of wins, and in those Engram can play a big enough part to be in contention for Rookie of the Year
OLBG Moderator
100% OLBG!
Follow me on Twitter: @ebook_olbg
Read My Blogs on OLBG
Founder of the OLBG NFL Underdog Blog

TouchdownTips
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby TouchdownTips » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:24 am

I'm loving the look of Engram in that team, only worry would be the generic "Tight ends don't do well in the first year" narrative. And as you say there's a lot of red zone targets there already.

Love the mixed bag on Jameis! Leading the league on everything, good and bad, it's quite possible. He really isn't a very accurate passer in general and if he's on the run all the time then he'll be spraying it everywhere. Not sure if watching Hard Knocks will give any insight either way but it will be interesting to see how he comes along, I am unashamedly high on the Buccs this year and need to try and temper my expectations a little! - I shall probably be going OVER on their total team points when that market comes up though, as long as it's priced reasonably anyway, around 320-330?

The Ravens D? Zigging while everyone else is Zagging. I'm just not sure on the other side of the team to get to the win total, especially if Flacco misses any games (sounds like they expect him back for week 1 in fairness)

Side note on the Ravens one - Justin Tucker is 8/1 for most kicking points. I feel that they'll get the ball back a lot but be unable to move it much and end up taking 5 50yard field goals per game, it's pretty much what they did in the pre-season match this week. He had the most field goals last year, but the obvious concern will be the fact I don't think he'll get many PATs. I think Bryant at Atlanta was the highest scoring kicker last year with 153, while Tucker was on 141, so not a million miles off with less than half the PATs.

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:11 pm

Tyrod Taylor was really bad last night throwing 18 passes completing just 8 for 54 yards and 2 interceptions Nathan Peterman could be a shock starter come week 1.He had a ok season throwing 306 times completing 185 giving him a pct of 60 with 27 touchdowns and 7 interceptions for a rating of 163.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:38 pm

The Bills, with their recent moves and stocking of draft picks, appear to be going a similar way as the Jets and having as much as an eye on the future as this year although the likes of LeSean Mccoy won't want to hear that.

I think Taylor still goes into the season as the starter but I wouldn't be shocked if he's riding the pine at some point and looking for a fresh start in 2018.

TouchdownTips
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby TouchdownTips » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:22 pm

Evan Silva (or rotoworld) said today he wouldn't be shocked to see Shady or Taylor traded before the start of the season which would be flipping crazy. And completely confirm they want to be poor for this season!

Mod Edit: Language Timothy!

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:08 am

Anquan Boldin has announced his retirement making the Buffalo Bills offense look even more limited.

TouchdownTips
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby TouchdownTips » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:08 pm

Anquan Boldin has announced his retirement making the Buffalo Bills offense look even more limited.
Apologies for the "choice" words above.

Can't blame him can you, he said he joined them with the hope of making a Superbowl (??? What?!) But after them trading Watkins it clearly isn't happening.

Ross Tucker had him on his show and apparently Boldin wants to dedicate more time to fixing the racial divide in America. Good man.
"Seeing things transpire over last week or so ... there are things bigger than football." Boldin talking Charlottesville, not Bills moves. - I'm uncomfortable with how divided we are as a country. This is not a fly by night decision. It's something I want to dedicate my life to." - When asked if he'd sign for a contender should one be in for him - "No. I'm done with the sport of football. My passion is elsewhere."

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:21 pm

He's been a fantastic player wherever he's been and I think a year toiling away in Buffalo likely with little success was enough to turn him off. I wonder if he would have felt the same if it were the Pats who had called? He owes the game nothing though.

A few quick thoughts on what I've seen and heard throughout this week:

I like what I see of the Rams so far. Drafted Cooper Kupp in my keeper league so nice to see him off to a strong start although these aren't the real bullets flying (obviously).

Jay Gruden left the Redskins first team offense on the field until it made some plays vs the Packers. They did eventually and hopefully it sees things click going forward but the running game has shown nothing so far. Good news that Jordan Reed is off the PUP list though.

Goodall looks to be getting an extension as commish. I'm not a fan to be frank. I think he's far too keen to tweak the game although he deserves credit for the expansion of the game worldwide with the International Series. I think he's heavily influenced by an elite set of owners though.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:16 am

Rookie DeShone Kizer starts for the Browns in their 3rd preseason game whilst Chad Henne will start for the Jags in their next preseason game. Is it the beginning of the end for Bortles?

arniehi
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby arniehi » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:37 am

Rookie DeShone Kizer starts for the Browns in their 3rd preseason game whilst Chad Henne will start for the Jags in their next preseason game. Is it the beginning of the end for Bortles?
Kizer has looked pretty good in preseason, and led some decent drives for the Browns when he's been on the field. It would be the logical choice in my mind. He did an absolutely brilliant job when he came in for Zaire after he went down for the season at Notre Dame and won the starting job last year. He looks to have a really good career in front of him and should definitely be starting in my opinion.