Video Game Hall Of Fame

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Video Game Hall Of Fame

Postby LustForLeith » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:21 pm

‎Not much has been happen in the world of Specials but I did notice this one from Paddy Power!

There's a Video Hall Of Fame that's been going for a couple of years.

Twelve titles appear to be nominated by the public and from a short list six are inducted into the Hall of Fame.

The list and odds for this year are as follows

Donkey Kong 2/9

Pokemon Red and Green 2/9

Final Fantasy VII 4/11

Tomb Raider 4/9

Microsoft Windows Solitaire 10/11

Mortal Kombat 6/4

Street Fighter II 17/10

Resident Evil 21/10

‎Halo: Combat Evolved 3/1

Portal 4/1

‎Wii Sports 4/1

Myst 5/1

‎Interestingly enough, Pokemon has been nominated for the last two years and Street Fighter and Tomb Raider were nominated last year. All three never made it.

Two years ago the six inducted were

Doom

Pac Man

Pomg

Super Mario Bros

Tetris

World of Warcraft

Last year the six inducted were

The Legend of Zelda

The Oregon Trail

The Sims

Sonic The HeadgeHog

Space Invaders

Grand Theft Auto III

As you can see from the twelve inducted so far, most of them are well known titles that transend popular culture.

With that in mind, you can see why Donkey Kong and Pokemn are such a short price.

What other games could make it?

Tomb Raider, thanks partly to the films of Angelina Joile, is a popular shout. Mortal Kombat generated a lot of tabloid headlines for its graffic violence while Halo is thought of as one of the best games ever.

‎Final Fantasy has a rick history and you could argue that Resdient Evil made zombies scary way before The Walking Dead.

Solitaire has been played by most people with a computer and Wii Sports can at least be praised for trying to evole computer games by making them more phyiscal.

Portal and Myst might not be as well know as the others but their on the list through merit.

One title I'm drawn to is Street Fighter. Maybe I'm a bit biased as it's a game that takes me back to my misspent youth but it's a title whose importance you can't ignore.

Not only did it's format inspire the likes of Mortal Kombat but it's sited as being ‎the game that kick started the arcade machine boom of the 1990s.

Okay, it might also be responsible for the terrible Jean Claude Van Damme ‎movie but you can't have it all!

Street Fighter II to be inducted in the Video Game Hall Of Fame

NeilHines
2yo
Tips

Re: Video Game Hall Of Fame

Postby NeilHines » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:46 am

What name you mention that name I play only these games and like to playing these games it is a really good game: :win:
Tomb Raider
Mortal Kombat
Street Fighter II
Resident Evil
Pac-Man
Super Mario Bros
Sonic The HeadgeHog
The Walking Dead

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Video Game Hall Of Fame

Postby LustForLeith » Mon May 08, 2017 9:19 pm

Seems like the inductees have been announced and they were Pokemon, Donkey Kong, Halo...and Street Fighter 2.

Well done if you got the 17/10!
:D :<a href='/school/betting_terminology.php'>NAP</a>: :win: