Strictly Come Dancing 2015

Wallsendlad
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Wallsendlad » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:08 am

Bloody ridiculous that Georgia should be in the dance off. She is a sensational dancer. But I guess that's the unpredictable British public for you :? :no:

I mean if Keiran Dyer doesn't even make the final of you know what and George does, then anything can happen :?

Pleased to say I had a flutter on Katie Dereham after the 1st show (20/1) but daft as it was, she was 28/1 last week. :(

ids81o
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby ids81o » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:16 pm

Backed Katie at 43-1 40-1 and was totally amazed to get on again last week at 29-1. Anton has a large fan base and Katie is not bad. Rumours (online so massive pinch of salt needed)that Anton is being lined up to replace Len as judge next year, a win would give this move much kudos. Hoping they get to the final two and a massive cash out is available.

ids81o
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby ids81o » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:53 pm

Katie still available at 22-1, Kellie, Anita or Georgia will go next.

garlicsauce
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby garlicsauce » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:31 pm

Semi Final Dances and Songs here - http://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=410224

Two dances this week, as we thought. Kellie has the American Smooth and the Rumba. I'm not sure that she has the personality or the technique for the latter.

Who do you think will miss the final?

garlicsauce
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby garlicsauce » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:52 pm

Georgia has changed one of her dances. She's not doing the Argentine Tango now, she's doing the Cha Cha. No idea why?

garlicsauce
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby garlicsauce » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:37 pm

Wow, the standard seriously dropped this week for the most part!

Kellie, who I thought would struggle, did really well, while Katie made mistakes and Gleb really shot Anita in the foot with poor choreography.

Updated the blog with thoughts and scores. It's a big test for Anita this week I think!

ids81o
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby ids81o » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:58 pm

Anita out bottom two with Katie. Judges chose Katie according to digital spy. Anita must of messed up in the dance off, thought Kate and Anton had blown it.

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:17 am

Am surprised Anita's gone but wow, Katie looks good to be in the final if she survived. Is this all for Anton's benefit? What a merry dance is being lead here then.

Will Georgia be the 'sacrificlal lamb' in the semi-final then? I'm guessing Jay's the 'chosen one' (well done on 'masking' his dance ability before the gamble emerged) and Kellie is surely only there to pull in money from mad 'EastEnders' fans who vote like crazy.

Remapthfc
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby Remapthfc » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:12 pm

I am always suspicious on these events and the voting by the judges as much as the public.
Jamelia was great in bringing this to the fore and raising the question.
Despite the suspicion I have always tried to maintain positive views however last night that was massively undone.

Two points stick out, Yes Katie did a bad first dace but Craig's mark was shocking inappropriate and out of kilter with his collegues.

Then there was Jay, given 10's in a dnace where he dropped his partner. I know these was all "oh we meant it" but seriously I doubt anyone believes that and how can that then get a 10.

I am glad I never have any money on these as the frustration would be huge.

garlicsauce
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby garlicsauce » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:09 pm

I'm not sure which of the two dances they both did again. If Katie did the Waltz and perfected the mistakes then I can see why they stayed. Gleb's choreography in both Anita's dances was poor. There wasn't enough basic foxtrot or salsa in either. If Katie re danced the Charleston then I totally agree, there was no way (barring disaster) that they could have recovered from the 25 they scored first time round. I think it's a case of waiting to see what dance they did do, for me anyway. I also agree though that the show has massively lost credibility this year.

garlicsauce
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby garlicsauce » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:30 pm

So the favourite wins, but I have to say they were so overconfident and their 'Show Dance' left out all the Show! Kellie was the best on the night, but they proved just not to be popular enough. The boy band curse strikes again!

Details here - http://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=410301

The bookies got it right though!

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:45 pm

Wasn't watching the show live but the odds on Kellie Bright plunging into an almost pick'em was amazing. Some mad ol' fanbase getting behind her there then.

No sole runner-up as is the norm now so I'm guessing dead heat rules apply yet again if anyone was unfortunate enough to try and pick the 'top woman'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35136848