Britains Got Talent 2009

TopTipsterUK
At Stud
Tips

Britains Got Talent 2009

Postby TopTipsterUK » Fri May 01, 2009 12:16 pm

Can we hear everyones views here please!

Personally i cant see Susan Boyle winning,she shouldnt of changed her look thats what people liked about her!!

She has had around 40 million views on YouTube though.

Plus i cant see teenagers voting for her,she isnt as good as everyone thinks too.It was the shock factor everyone was like wow but if you listen she isnt really that good!

Now that young Ballet Dancer/Singer was amazing (Hollie Steel) she will definetly be in the west end musicals when shes older.

We still have a long way to go to the live shows so hopefully theres some more good acts!

Heres the betting odds http://www.olbg.com/britains-got-talent.htm

:win:

Dammo Qwirky
Stallion
Tips

Postby Dammo Qwirky » Fri May 01, 2009 1:16 pm

The Hairy Angel truly did fall from heaven (and land on her face). I dont believe she will win, shes got a guaranteed future so she doesnt need to. Shes had so many hits on youtube cos people see her as a freak. Heres an early tv appearance...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQpnwVsWk44
Positions are available in the OLBG Lottery syndicate. Wanna join? Please PM me for info.

Andy4Fingers
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Andy4Fingers » Fri May 01, 2009 4:43 pm

"Heres an early tv appearance" :lol:

DJ Talent's odds have come in from 150/1 to 80/1 with bet365. Surely no-one is putting money on him! I liked Diversity, and I agree with you guys, I can't see Susan winning it either.

Dammo Qwirky
Stallion
Tips

Postby Dammo Qwirky » Fri May 01, 2009 4:46 pm

still 150/1 on skybet if u fancy him. he only got thru on the pity vote cos hes a bit simple (or maybe the judges were worried hed eat them).
Positions are available in the OLBG Lottery syndicate. Wanna join? Please PM me for info.

Andy4Fingers
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Andy4Fingers » Fri May 01, 2009 4:50 pm

Cheers Dammo but I don't think I'll be backing him. I like the odds on diversity at 10/1 and think that'll offer a good position to trade from at a later date.
Here's the oddschecker odds:

http://www.oddschecker.com/specials/bri ... win-market

John Davies
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby John Davies » Sat May 02, 2009 3:08 pm

Gotta agree with you all...the makeover has ruined her.

It was the rough look that made her so popular, if she still looked rough, then people at home would all vote for her.

I agree that she will have a career no matter what, an i think voters will have the same attitude.

She hasnt even made it through any of the other rounds yet....its round 1!!!

Betfair offer 3/4 that she WONT win.
i think this price should be snatched up soon before the odds drift.

Its days like tonight, when BGT is on, that the odds change quick if someone amazing comes along.
:<a href=/school/lesson15.php>NAP</a>: Twitter - @JohnDavies350 :<a href=/school/lesson15.php>NAP</a>:
:hope: Specials Winner Nov '10 :hope:
:cool: OLBG 200th Poker Tournament Champion :cool:
:thanks: Challenge Paddy Winner - Dec '09 :thanks:
:lol: OLBG - Betfair Exchange Book Winner :lol:

ids81o
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby ids81o » Sat May 02, 2009 7:35 pm

DJ talent won't go far after whats been in the papers.

Andy4Fingers
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Andy4Fingers » Sun May 03, 2009 1:02 am

I'm assuming you mean the threats he made? (here's the link for anyone not aware: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... 408107.ece )

The scariest part of that interview was: "...friends say he was such a failure with women they bought him a sex doll — which he treated like a real girlfriend."

Aside from making those threats his song is terrible - "When I say Britain, you say talent" are the words, yet at no point did he say "Britain" for the audience to say "talent"! Get back to working in your dad's factory you poor man's James Bond villain.

Liverpool1985
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Liverpool1985 » Tue May 05, 2009 9:42 pm

Also agree Diversity are a very good bet.

I thought Flawless had the better audition. But if you search youtube Diversity have done a lot of competitions and shows and they didn't even break the ice in their audition.

Very clever, me thinks. They keeping it all back until the final. Flawless i believe showed their best performance in the audition and am not sure how much more they have.

Everyone else annoys me. Singers never kissed. Stage fright singers etc. All a load of tosh. One of the dance groups to win.

Diversity have a lot more tricks and slick moves to come yet though! Definite finalists.
Anyone who has actually read Plato and thinks Atlantis existed, has my sympathy.

Dammo Qwirky
Stallion
Tips

Postby Dammo Qwirky » Tue May 05, 2009 10:03 pm

Ive got a few quid on a long shot (66/1 - ridiculous price) that cos of his predictable audition (oliver twist) didnt stand out too much. Callum Francis. The kid has bags of charisma and talent but it depends if the judges feel there are already too many kids going thru whether he is given a chance. If he does make it thru, with some thoughtful choreography I can see him becoming a big fave across the board. Hes got the same sort of appeal as last years winner.

Its obvious that they havent put any real good singers thru as Simon wants to hold those back for X Factor.

doc2008
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby doc2008 » Thu May 07, 2009 1:39 am

Might stick few quid on that myself aswell Dammo 66/1 big price with Ladbrokes.

Might be intersted in laying Susan Boyle far to short off a price

Betfairalfie
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Betfairalfie » Thu May 07, 2009 9:53 am

Might be intersted in laying Susan Boyle far to short off a price
The worldwide publicity she got seems to me to be way out of proportion to her talent and seems more to do with the shock that an ugly woman can sing well. I'm a layer at 2.25ish :hope:

I am breaking a rule though as I don't normally get involved in anything thats voted for by the British public :lose: