Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Imaginarium » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:54 pm

Congratulations West Indies‼ OMG Triple delight for the Caribbeans :win:

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:57 am

Well summed up Nellberg with your take on the chasing team.

A bit of a surprise with both England the West indies making the final and then Windies winning it. (8/1 at the start of the tournament)

Much more fancied teams fell by the wayside. I wonder whether West Indies cricket will now dominate for the next few years after a period in the doldrums?

Betfairalfie
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Betfairalfie » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:36 am

I obviously didn't whistle The Great Escape theme loud enough.

Good effort by England. Well done to WI's men and women.

What an amazing sport. Roll on the IPL

fairfranco
Stallion
Tips

Postby fairfranco » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:08 pm

If there was an advert for cricket to those who call it boring then that certainly was it, certainly for those who like non stop action!

To start England lose their in form quick starters and Roy particularly a loss given his form.
Root comes in to steady rhings but frustrating captain Morgan soon leaves him.
Buttler builds a partnership but just after a great 16 run over against Benn as he started to accelerate he gets out.
Stokes looked dangerous but not for long and then Ali went straight away as well.
After a fantastic innings I was disappointed with the way Root went, an unusually badly thought out risky shot given the position England were in.
155 was below par but I felt the pitch had bern ok for bowlers that could offer England a chance.

And a chance they made for themselves when after a 1 run opening over from Wiley, root was given the ball for only the second time all tournament and got out both Charles and key man Gayle.

England bowled very well and just like West Indies kept the run rate in check with some excellent fieldwork.

With the dangerous Russell gone a lot rested on Samels who was starting to build an innings. When Plunkett had him caught behind the game looked to be heading England's way but Burller hadn't taken the ball before it touched the ground and Samuels went on to score an excellent unbeaten 85.

With Wiley continuing his fantastic bowling in the 19th the 19 remaining runs with Braithwaite on strike seemed unlikely but the tail ender comfortably found the ropes 4 times running leaving Stokes flattened!

---

A bit of a big summary but so many ups and downs in the game and the whole way through you always felt it could go either way.

19 runs is a big ask but I did worry when I saw Stokes with the ball even though he has done well in the past.

Ultimately a great gane on a good sporting pitch, both teams played the kind of care free cricket batting wise that often pays in T20 alongside a bit of brain! Excellent bowling from both teams at times, badree, Braithwaite, Wiley and Rashid particularly were top draw.

Hope everyone did ok from it,;i didn't do a lot as i was busy decorating but had small match odds profits, innings runs losses banking too much on England runs against strong bowling and a nice win on a couple of Root run lines.

Hopefully I'll be a bit more involved again come IPL.