£200 Snooker World Championships 2021 Tipping Competition

Zipster
Stallion
Tips

£200 Snooker World Championships 2021 Tipping Competition

Postby Zipster » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:08 am

The 2021 Snooker World Championship gets underway at the Crucible Theatre in Sheffield on Saturday 17th April for two weeks of top snooker before concluding on Monday 3rd May.

OLBG is pleased to announce we are offering members a chance to win a share of £200 in our FREE and easy to enter 2021 Snooker World Championships Tipping Competition.

Please have a check of the tipping competition rules below and feel free to ask any questions below on the thread if unsure.

ENTRY:

You do not have to enter this separately from the usual monthly Snooker tipping competition. If you are a member of OLBG then you just need to add tips (with comments) on the Snooker World Championship from the Snooker section on the ‘Make a Tip’ menu –

https://www.olbg.com/members/make-tip/8

The competition is free to enter and you must have 10 or more settled tips (with comments) of which, 5 must have been profitable on this event to potentially qualify for a prize.

The Outright Championship Winner market is already available for tipping and the first round matches will be available after the qualifying rounds have finished and the draw has been made.

All match markets will be included in the tipping competition, for example, correct frame score and handicap etc, in addition to the match outright and Championship Winner markets.

*Please note that results from the World Championship pre-tournament qualifying rounds which take place from 5th April to 14th April will NOT be included in the World Snooker Championships tipping competition. However, tips on the qualifiers will still count towards the monthly Snooker tipster competition.*

PRIZES:

Winner £50 – Member with the highest level stakes profit (LSP) and placed at least 10 tips (with comments) with 5 or more profitable tips at the end of the competition.

2nd & 3rd - £25 each

4th to 13th - £10 each.

This is in addition to the normal monthly tipster competition prizes which you can still win based on the criteria for the Snooker Tipster Table.

As usual, prizes are doubled for Elite Tipsters and trebled for Super Elite Tipsters. You can check your current status for Snooker via your ‘My Performance’ page –

https://www.olbg.com/members/myperformance.php

LSP (Level Stakes Profit) -

One point will be placed on win tips, 1/2 a point Each Way for Each Way tips at the odds taken. So it doesn’t matter if you select a stake of 50 or 500 for these tips, if you place a win tip on a 5/1 winner you will then have an LSP of + 5 points. 1 point is deducted for a losing tip so if you then had 3 losing tips, your level stakes profit will be down to + 2 points.

LSP>0

Members must finish with a positive LSP to potentially qualify for a prize.

PROFITABLE TIPS = 5 or more.

At least 5 of your tips must return a profit, this will include any tips on your tips history page which are shown in green.

TIPS & COMMENTS = 10 or more.

To qualify you must place at least 10 tips with comments that contain at least 20 words or longer with good quality reasoning justifying your tip.

Tips without comments are excluded, also poor comments without reasoning or any that contain less than the minimum criteria will mean the tip will be excluded from the competition.

For example,

“I am tipping Ronnie O'Sullivan to beat Murphy because he is playing really well at the moment and is better than Murphy – This is NOT an acceptable comment.

We just need a few good reasons as to why you are choosing the player. Also no copy and pasting of comments, you will need different and original comments for each tip!

For example, tipping the match-winner and correct frame score, the reasoning must be original and specific to each market.

Also, NO copying from other members or websites, as we will check and any found will be excluded and deleted.

The OLBG Tip Comment Guide with useful pointers can be viewed via the link below -

https://www.olbg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=61789

What we want here is for members to share their key insights about their tips and why they are a good bet. Then OLBG website and app users looking at the World Snooker Championship tips can gain useful knowledge and guidance before placing bets.

The tip comments will be analysed throughout the tipping competition and if OLBG deems them not to be of good quality they will be excluded and deleted from the competition so please strive for the highest quality, good spelling and punctuation, as this makes it easier for your followers to read on the OLBG app and website.

The Competition table standings will be available via the link below.

https://www.olbg.com/tipsters/tables?id=e-18

Upon completion of checking comment and tip eligibility, the final table will then be confirmed and published during the week commencing 3rd May and prizes will be paid into your OLBG account within 14 days.

2020 Snooker World Championship Tipping Competition Result -

1 realitycheck - 25 (tips) 15.87 (LSP)
2 Valverde - (34) 13.68
3 cadillac06 - (24) 13.58
4 griffin6 - (25) 12.40
5 duubah - (16) 9.34
6 petethebet - (17) 9.12
7 schneedler25 - (15) 8.60
8 JFootballCan - (28) 7.31
9 mrjolson - (18) 7.22
10 angelov - (22) 7.10
10 salahsyh - (16) 7.10
12 dacris69 - (20) 6.98
13 saddlerman - (45) 5.95

realitycheck is the current OLBG Snooker World Championships tipster champion.

Can you become the 2021 champion?

Good luck.
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant (Follow Me On Twitter)

Syndicate owner in Pentland Hills, Getaway Trump, Farouk De Cheneau, In The Cove & Boreen Boy.

ognjen89
Listed Class
Tips

Re: £200 Snooker World Championships 2021 Tipping Competition

Postby ognjen89 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:38 am

I am looking forward to this one! It will be pleasure to watch it like always. Lets go Ronnie!

feudalics
2yo
Tips

Postby feudalics » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:19 am

Hi everyone,

I have a question. Before the start of the Championship, I place a bet on Kyren Wilson to win the tournament, but EW (Either Way I think) at 26. How much LSP will I win if he were to win the tournament, or if he loses in final?

PompeyJim
At Stud
Tips

Postby PompeyJim » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:27 am

Hi everyone,

I have a question. Before the start of the Championship, I place a bet on Kyren Wilson to win the tournament, but EW (Either Way I think) at 26. How much LSP will I win if he were to win the tournament, or if he loses in final?
Hi feudalics,

If you tipped Each Way (EW) the LSP is worked out using 0.5 on the win odds and 0.5 on the place terms which were 1/3 of the odds (25/1).

For winning = 0.5 x @ 25/1 (26.0) would be a return of 12.5 LSP.

Plus you get 0.5 x 1/3 of the odds (25 divided by 3 = 8.33) which is a return of 4.16 LSP

So if he wins your LSP should be 12.5 + 4.16 = 16.66

If he is beaten in the final your LSP return is just the place part which is 4.16
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant

feudalics
2yo
Tips

Postby feudalics » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:35 pm

Hi everyone,

Hi feudalics,

If you tipped Each Way (EW) the LSP is worked out using 0.5 on the win odds and 0.5 on the place terms which were 1/3 of the odds (25/1).

For winning = 0.5 x @ 25/1 (26.0) would be a return of 12.5 LSP.

Plus you get 0.5 x 1/3 of the odds (25 divided by 3 = 8.33) which is a return of 4.16 LSP

So if he wins your LSP should be 12.5 + 4.16 = 16.66

If he is beaten in the final your LSP return is just the place part which is 4.16
Thanks a lot! :)

PompeyJim
At Stud
Tips

Postby PompeyJim » Sat May 08, 2021 3:40 pm

Well done to salahsyh for winning the £50 top prize after finishing the competition with 5 profitable tips from 11 placed and a 22.16 level stakes profit. Yantoe2 finished runner up with a 18.36 profit and Valverde was 3rd on 15.70, both members win £25.

The 13 cash prize winners are as follows:

1 salahsyh - 22.16
2 yantoe2 - 18.36
3 Valverde - 15.70
4 dwainec - 15.07
5 Mihaelapet - 14.68
6 STEVEOCN - 13.34
7 TheLideres - 13.34
8 atom1875 - 13.22
9 ju29ro - 12.62
10 IVHorseRacing - 12.08
11 spence58 - 11.80
12 fdavidfbe - 10.92
13 logo4real - 9.20

The detailed final table standings can be viewed here -

https://www.olbg.com/tipsters/tables?id=e-18

Big thank you to all participating members and well done to salahsyh and the prize winners, prizes will be allocated in the next few days.
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant