PLAYER OF THE WEEK - WEEK EIGHT w/c Mon July 3rd (WIMBLEDON!!!)

PompeyJim
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Re: PLAYER OF THE WEEK - WEEK EIGHT w/c Mon July 3rd (WIMBLEDON!!!)

Postby PompeyJim » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:28 pm

Certainly is a concern and quite a poor record for a former number 1, just feel her game is in much better shape over this past year and in an open year must have a good shout.

Fingers crossed for you today :win: , I covered her, Vandeweghe and Kuznetsova before the tourney started so will lose one of them today !
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:26 pm

Nice pick on Venus Williams johnvaljohn :win:

Anyone got any thoughts on the men's QFs? Cilic, Murray, Federer & Djokovic are all short favourites.

Any potential upsets?

PompeyJim
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby PompeyJim » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:22 am

May be Muller to continue his excellent grass form against Cilic ?

Murray does not usually struggle against big servers like Querrey, Raonic beat Roger in five sets in the semi here last year but can't see it being the same this year. Federer in much better form compared to last year and he won the two previous grass head to heads.

Novak has won 23 of the 25 completed head to heads against Berdych, just two previous on grass though both here and one apiece.

Djokovic still to drop a set on grass this summer, Berdych dropped at least a set (two against Thiem) in three of his first four matches here.

Muller looked so calm and composed all through that final set marathon against Nadal, fatigue not appearing to be an evident issue. Will be interesting to see if he starts with the same intensity against Cilic as he did against Rafa, both these being big servers may see lots of short points. Muller is 11 wins from 12 on grass this summer losing only to Cilic in the semi at Queens, he did take a set though.

I think the short points will suit Muller and can see him pulling off another big win, if i was playing the other three games I would go for straight sets wins for Murray, Federer and Novak.

Good luck today, any thoughts on the ladies semi's ?
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:17 am

The h2h for Berdych doesn't make pretty reading. Any time you take the court against a player who's beaten you 12 times in a row, it can be difficult to put that put of your mind.

But Djokovic is rumoured to be struggling with his shoulder & he wasn't happy with having to play yesterday. That may fuel his fire, but if there's going to be an upset today, then I think that's where it lies.

Also backing Muller, but purely as a saver for my outright Cilic bet.

As for the women, I won't be touching the Williams vs Konta game as I've waited my whole life to see a British woman play in a Wimbledon semi-final so don't want to let my heart rule my head.

It's tough at this stage because all the players are playing well, but Rybarikova has won a bucketload of grass court matches this year so she probably offers more value

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:08 am

I've updated the scores upto the end of Week Seven viewtopic.php?f=15&t=63200&p=1615995#p1615995

I've also added next week's thread viewtopic.php?f=15&t=63977

Any one got any thoughts on today's final? Federer is yet to drop a set and is arguably playing the best tennis of his illustrious career. Is he unstoppable? Or can Cilic go one point further than he managed in last year's QF?

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:50 pm

What a great two weeks of action. The women's was as wide open as ever, whilst Federer finally returned to the top and was a class above everyone else for the entire two weeks. Here are this week's scores with two players getting to the final with 18/1 selections.

johnvaljohn - Venus Williams @ 18/1 (WTA) LOST in Final 80 points (double points as over 8/1)
undertherobe - Marin Cilic @ 18/1 (ATP) LOST in Final 80 points (double points as over 8/1)
rustie - Andy Murray @ 13/2 (ATP) LOST in Quarter-Finals 10 points
Football DZR - Novak Djokovic @ 5/1 (ATP) LOST in Quarter-Finals 10 points
undertherobe - Caroline Wozniacki @ 33/1 (WTA) LOST in 4th round 0 points
The Rabbit - Petra Kvitova @ 5/1 (WTA) LOST in 2nd round - 0 points
jockie c - Ashleigh Barty @ 35/1 (WTA) LOST in 1st round 0 points
jockiec - Feliciano Lopez @ 80/1 (ATP) LOST in 1st round 0 points