meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Horse Racing Discussion and Information - Monday 23rd October

Postby meoldmate » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:32 pm

WINDSOR 1.40 - 5.10 Going Soft

PONTEFRACT 2.20 - 5.20 Going Soft

PLUMPTON 2.30 - 5.30 Going Good to soft

Here is a thought for the racing fans, are we in limbo with the end of the flat season and the beginning of the national hunt scene, with the view of winners had to find due to horses on the flat might of had a long season and shock results appearing and with the new jump season, where horses might need a first run!!!!!
We have it hard at times.

Be good to here your views on a Monday.

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Horse Racing Discussion and Information - Monday 23rd October

Postby meoldmate » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:04 pm

3.20 Pontefract ten furlong handicap on soft ground and looking at the ratings for this field sees three that are under there best mark, they are AARDWOLF has rating of 84 five under his best time, being from Mark Johnston yard commands respect but this three year old may struggle on this surface even though he is coming back in trip, his three wins have come on good and faster.

The second horse that is nine pounds lower than his best mark of 89 is SILVERY MOON who is trained by Tim Easterby who has had a good season with 80 winners. He is by Verglas and staying this far could be questionable as breeding indicates best over shorter. Last won at Ayr in 2016 over a mile on soft ground.

Third and final one and the biggest price of all three is TRENDSETTER whose rating mark is 78 and the last time he raced off a mark this low was back in May 2015 over two miles at York and he was a pound higher this day. He is by Mastercraftsman on this breeding line he should stay and capable of acting on this surface.
I might take a chance with TRENDSETTER at 20/1 as he is bred to stay and ten furlongs looks on the short side but soft ground will bring stamina into the equation.

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:36 pm

5.20 Pontefract five furlong handicap and on paper a good looking one and staying with the rating set up six horses come into view

1) HOOFALONG the seven year old may of been given welcome ease as he is now racing off 86, his highest winning mark being 94.
When winning back in February 2016 he won off a mark of 87 this was at Southwell on the all weather, when racing on grass when close to this mark he was second over course and distance beaten 1/2 length by Avon Breeze and he was off a mark of 75, he was drawn in fourteen that day and today drawn in nine and meeting soft ground once again.
12/1 for this race and might be worth a closer look at post time.

2) MY NAME IS RIO comes from the in form yard of Michael Dods and this one is racing off a five pound lower mark of 84 and he has won off 82 this season and could be competitive and has a good draw to make a positive move from, as long as he is not slow away.

3) ECCLESTON six year old and just joined Julie Comancho from David O'Meara. Today he is racing off 84, seven pounds lower than his best rating.
Has a wide draw and this is his first run here, possibly best watched.

4) ZIGGY LEE eleven year old and arriving here from a 388 day break and is a pound lower than his best mark of 82.
His age is a bit off putting and fitness will have to be taken on trust.

5) STRAIGHTTOTHEPOINT another one that is racing off a pound lower mark of 78 and has a wide draw, what makes him interesting is his mark has dropped out of the eighties and when he won off 79 which was at Ripon on good ground, Graham Lee is in the plate for the second time, this five year old is not the most consistent of horses with three wins but has been placed fifteen times and at 16/1 may be good for an Each Way shout.

6) COSMIC CHATTER Ruth Carr charge and she can get winners here and this seven year old is racing off 73 and has bottom weight and he won this race last year off 81. That day he was drawn in stall two, this time around he is in eleven. He won here in August and he was drawn in one.
Today he may look handicap to be a player but the concern could be the draw, then again we have seen many times, the field can swing wide off the bend so draw becomes a good one.
Interesting runner at 10/1.

Of the above, I think HOOFALONG has a very good chance and drawn in nine may not be a concern but down to a class four handicap can see him being involved and the one that may give him plenty to think about from the above horses is COSMIC CHATTER.
12/1 and 10/1 could be a nice reverse forecast if ratings come good.

misterjohn
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby misterjohn » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:00 am

Morning Meoldmate i have a fancy for Save The Bees in the 1520 at 16/1 i am willing to give it ago the jockey does well here 37% strike rate and this is his only ride it had a spin nine days back in a class 3 race drops back into class 4 company today and it has a fair record running after nine days 2nd 1st 4th 1st it only got beat a head last month off 83 in a class 3 into second the 4th went on and won off 85 and even the 12th won off 77 Save The Bees won in august in this grade off 80 and it won around this time last year off 78 in a class 3 race dropped 1lb today to 85 this could bounce back

Fredgarv
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Fredgarv » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:31 am

Something amiss surely in the plumpton 3-30 with the Moore horse 14s into 6/4 I know the moores like a gamble but that is some move

Robmull
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Robmull » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:03 am

Something amiss surely in the plumpton 3-30 with the Moore horse 14s into 6/4 I know the moores like a gamble but that is some move

CHEQUE EN BLANC is certainly an intriguing runner, bearing in mind that Gary Moore has a 20% strike rate at Plumpton during the past few seasons and the stable have an 18% strike rate with horses making their debut for the stable.

At 14/1, he was probably worth an interest, but I can’t believe that he offers any value now that he has been backed into favouritism, as it now looks like the market has overreacted, but would have made an excellent trade on the exchanges.

At current odds, the 3yo YORKSHIRE STAR looks far too big at 80/1, bearing in mind that he is technically the highest rate horse in the race (OR 102), yet he receives weight from all but 2 of his rivals.

Not a race that I would normally have a bet on, but may be worth throwing a bit of loose change at Each Way.

misterjohn
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby misterjohn » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:04 pm

I think if you forgive the last run by Dark devil it has a good chance here in the 1510 the trainer won this last year and back in 2010

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:10 pm

The second horse that is nine pounds lower than his best mark of 89 is SILVERY MOON who is trained by Tim Easterby who has had a good season with 80 winners. He is by Verglas and staying this far could be questionable as breeding indicates best over shorter. Last won at Ayr in 2016 over a mile on soft ground.
The nine pound drop paid off and certainly stayed, which I was wrong about, surprised at the price he returned at 9/2, must of been money for this one.
Hopefully David Allen can deliver the goods on HOOFALONG in the lucky last for Michael Easterby, this is my NAP bet of the day

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:13 pm

Sorry cannot answer you in the mornings misterjohn not able to get on a PC or any other device, just have to wait until arrive at home after three.

Save the Bees did not have the lead and this put paid to his chances of getting competitive.

misterjohn
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby misterjohn » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:14 pm

Know problem Meoldmate
Cosmic Chatter 1720 last years winner off 81 today 73 this did run out a very easy winner two months back off this mark that was over 6f but was miles clear at the 5f marker it ended up 4.5lth winner that was at this track its only two other runs here have been 2nd and 5th so a healthy 50% strike rate JP back on board today this was not beat to far two back so maybe at 10/1 could be all the Chatter come 1724 or maybe not

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:05 pm

COSMIC CHATTER came fourth and I think bet365 was paying out on this position and ECCLESTON finished in third place 10/1 and 14/1 mentioned but that was all, no prizes there.