HORSE RACING DISCUSSION FOR OCTOBER.

Arc Jimmy
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

HORSE RACING DISCUSSION FOR OCTOBER.

Postby Arc Jimmy » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:50 am

450 Ascot - WONDER ELZAAM 33/1 sky ( 5 places ) :lose:

Interesting type who has raced in Ireland but makes UK debut for Stan Moore .
Has had 22 career runs with 2 wins & 6 placed efforts & loves a bit of cut in the ground & back on a winnable mark .
Didn't quite see out the 8f lto but last win came at the end of March over 7f on heavy at Naas off 1lb higher mark than today's of 94 .
Went up to 100 & has now dropped back to 93 , was off 92 when once again on soft ground at the Curragh over 7f finished 2nd 12 months ago .
Hoping for the heavens to open in Berkshire .
Last edited by Arc Jimmy on Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arc Jimmy
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Re: HORSE RACING DISCUSSION FOR OCTOBER.

Postby Arc Jimmy » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:04 am

645 Dundalk - LEINSTER HOUSE 7/1 ew bet365 . :lose:

Was greener than Bob Marley's tobacco tin on debut but stepped up to dead heat .
Colt out of War Front who go well as 2 year olds , 1 of 2 in the race for A.P.O'Brien who's won this race 5 times from the last 10 renewals .
Has a decent record here over last 5 years , saddled 209 with 57 winners a 27.25% win strike rate & a small + £1.50 LSP .
Think horse will be progressive from debut run / win but in this Listed contest may probably find 1 or 2 smarter.
Last edited by Arc Jimmy on Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crofty11
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Crofty11 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:49 am

New month , new challenge.

One for me today at Ascot Strike Red in the 3.40 at 10/1 EW

R fahey has his horses going well at the moment and he send just this one to Ascot today, Strike has been running well, he ran good race in the Ayr silver cup, finishing 7th of 24, prior to that he won a class 3 for 25k at Newcastle on the AW. He seems to be an improving animal and he will need to improve again to be in contention, the ground will be no problem as he won very nicely earlier at Pontefract on soft going. he has won at Hamilton over the distance and so this course will holds no worries over stamina, i think we will see big run, at 10/1 a decent EW bet.

The Executioner
Legend
Tips

Postby The Executioner » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:21 am

4.55 Newcastle - Crown Power 5/1
6.30 Newcastle - Moqadama 10/3
7.00 Newcastle - Say Grace 5/2
8.30 Newcastle - Mehmo 10/1

Lucky15 - EW Trebles & EW Acca

William Buick's rides as he heads North in pursuit of the Jockeys Title, maybe worth an interest :hope: :hope:

Arc Jimmy
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Arc Jimmy » Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:21 pm

Am at Football on Saturday so won't be watching any UK racing though have backed & tipped LULLABY MOON in the 3.15 at Ascot hoping that the rains arrive & if so she'll thrive & at 33/1 good each way shout.

Will save pennies for a few US races Saturday night & there's some quite big French racing on on Sunday , oooh la la ! :D

After a look at The Arc & seeing the price coming in from 33's to 28's I've gone each way on the Haggas / Marquand charge ALENQUER who will relish the ground & has beaten the favourite Adayar , draw in stall 8 ok & ( 4 places bet365 )

Crofty11
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Crofty11 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:54 am

Enjoy the footie..Tough on a Saturday on the horses too many races too many that I like, I am going for one at Chester in the 4.38, perhaps go one abetter than yesterday, but i doubt it!!

Overhaugh Street 8/1 EW

Overhaugh street was 8 lengths behind the favourite last week and re- opposes on 5lb better terms, this is his third run back from break, on his third run back after his last two breaks he ran much a better race than his first two races, so i expect a better run, he goes well in the soft two wins and 3 places from 7 runs including a win over CD. His last two wins were here off 70 and 65 respectively, he is off 72 today and the trainer has put up the very good claimer PL Jamin. I think we will see him in contention.

He is actually off 62 today so if he does get back to form he will go very close.

meoldmate
Legend
Tips

Postby meoldmate » Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:00 pm

Crofty11 congratulations on winning the horse racing tipping comp, well done.

2.20 Newmarket a sales race and Richard Hannon has a number of runners in this and FODEN could be giving a good account.
He won in good style at Lingfield on the soft and can show the way home here at a decent price.
OLBG Moderator

Arc Jimmy
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Arc Jimmy » Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:03 pm

Enjoy the footie..Tough on a Saturday on the horses too many races too many that I like, I am going for one at Chester in the 4.38, perhaps go one abetter than yesterday, but i doubt it!!

Overhaugh Street 8/1 EW

Overhaugh street was 8 lengths behind the favourite last week and re- opposes on 5lb better terms, this is his third run back from break, on his third run back after his last two breaks he ran much a better race than his first two races, so i expect a better run, he goes well in the soft two wins and 3 places from 7 runs including a win over CD. His last two wins were here off 70 and 65 respectively, he is off 72 today and the trainer has put up the very good claimer PL Jamin. I think we will see him in contention.

He is actually off 62 today so if he does get back to form he will go very close.
Nice winner Crofty & 10/1 hope you had b.o.g
My tip was last & the Posh got mugged to top it all off , I got drenched .
Looking forward to The Arc tomorrow & the Graded US Racing tonight .

Crofty11
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Crofty11 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:00 am

Thnaks Jimmy, the rain was something else down here on the south coast..

I used to go the ARC a lot with horse racing abroad, perhaps 10 or 15 years in row. Great weekends did it near the top end and at bargain basement and as i got older we loved the Bargain basement end, you can take the boy out of Glasgow.

I am giving top end racing a miss for my nap and going for bargain basement 2.47 Uttoxeter class 5 Hurdle, £2,300 to the winner running off a mark of 78!!

Ten Past Midnight 11/1 EW

The trainer has had a sparkling start to 2021 season, since April he has had 85 runners, 20 wins and 22 places, that’s a remarkable strike rate. Ten past is his only runner of the day and takes part in a race where most of the runners have doubts about them including this one, who has not made the frame in 9 attempts. However his best runs have been on soft or good to soft, 4th both times and he has been in the mix until the last or second last. The 4th at Southwell was at 200/1 and he lost third place going over the last, as a result he started off on mark of 95, he is off 78 today. A horse behind him at Southwell that day has come out recently and won off 83 and been second off 94, both times with a 7lb claimer up. Big chance today i think. decent EW value.

Crofty11
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Crofty11 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:53 am

Crofty11 congratulations on winning the horse racing tipping comp, well done.

2.20 Newmarket a sales race and Richard Hannon has a number of runners in this and FODEN could be giving a good account.
He won in good style at Lingfield on the soft and can show the way home here at a decent price.
Thnaks MOM, i was more than a bit lucky to be fair but glad i wasn’t overhauled.

meoldmate
Legend
Tips

Postby meoldmate » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:01 am

Crofty11 like you cannot take the boy out of Portsmouth, even though I live in Fife, never lost my accent.

Also like you my NAP of the day is running at Kelso 1.55 the very first race of the day here and will no fate early on, KENSINGTON ART a maiden winner at Hexham and he ran really well there with him sent on after the last to win.
This Hexham race had a front runner in the field Stonepicker who tried to make all and set the race up for my selection, today's race looks of the same nature with Beano in the field who likes to bowl along in front and he could be setting the race up for Donald McCain charge to come good once more.
The danger could be the favourite Iolani who won here on last run, this one may of ben lucky to of won as the Frighten Rabbit was hindered by a loose horse and lost a few lengths before the last, otherwise he may of not won or may of in a photo finish.
KENSINGTON ART jumped well and can give a good account here at 6/1

Travelled well and hurdled good, when coming to the final part of the race from off the bend with pace quickening he looked short of speed and could not stay competitive, possibly two miles is on the short side, would not be put off by this, as he looks to have the ability to win more races. :lose:
OLBG Moderator

Arc Jimmy
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Arc Jimmy » Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:18 pm

Am at Football on Saturday so won't be watching any UK racing though have backed & tipped LULLABY MOON in the 3.15 at Ascot hoping that the rains arrive & if so she'll thrive & at 33/1 good each way shout.

Will save pennies for a few US races Saturday night & there's some quite big French racing on on Sunday , oooh la la ! :D

After a look at The Arc & seeing the price coming in from 33's to 28's I've gone each way on the Haggas / Marquand charge ALENQUER who will relish the ground & has beaten the favourite Adayar , draw in stall 8 ok & ( 4 places bet365 )
:lose:

Was done for about 3f out .

2 people actually tipped the German winner in monthly comp at 100/1 , fair play to em , hope they had a few quid on .