Related Contingency 100m/200m

cindersmate
2yo
Tips

Related Contingency 100m/200m

Postby cindersmate » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:42 am

I hope this is the correct place for this post
I have just started working in a bookies, so not very knowledgeable yet, I took a treble bet on Usain Bolt to win the 100m and 200m (which were showing seperate prices as well as a special.) and Richards-Ross to win the 400m. The customer asked for the seperate prices as he wanted a treble. The bet won but the company have said that the bet is incorrect because there was related contingency between the 100m and 200m and that they were offering a special on the 100/200m. I don't understand how Bolt running in one race and winning has an affect on the other and why the seperate prices are not valid. Can someone tell me what I am missing. Thanks :?

drobgod
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby drobgod » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:39 am

Well it's one of those rules that is hard to understand but the bookies seem to get away with.

It's like if you wanted to back say Rooney for the Golden Boot and United for the Premier League they would probably not lay that. In their opinion Rooney winning the Golden Boot increases United's chance of winning the League because he would have scored a lot of goals.

So if Rooney was 10/1 and United 5/2 a double would pay 37/1 ish, but they may lay 20/1 or something like that.

Similar to say if you wanted to back Jessica Ennis to win Heptathlon and Sports Personality in a double they wouldn't have laid that because one increases chance of other.

It's not a rule I agree with, but that is as well as I can explain it, hope it helps.

Jim Brown
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips
Location: Dallas, Texas. Go Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, FC Dallas, and Burn!

Postby Jim Brown » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:09 pm

There are some obvious ones - like taking a team to draw, plus draw 1-1, in a double, but others are usually less obvious to the every day punter. Almost always it involves the same selection (like Usain Bolt 100m and 200m).

Jess Ennis is a perfect example, because by winning the Heptathlon she vastly increases her chances of being Sports Personality, so it's a related contingency.

The general rule of thumb should be that if you are taking the same selection to do more than one thing, it could well be a related contingency and to double check with your bookie, just in case. Better to know upfront and get the correct odds rather than risk it being made void, which some bookies may do.
OLBG Moderator
100% OLBG!
Follow me on Twitter: @ebook_olbg
Read My Blogs on OLBG
Founder of the OLBG NFL Underdog Blog