Grand National Discussion

Billy121only
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Billy121only » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:38 pm

I think POKER DE SIVOLA is hugely interesting given that he was being aimed at last year's race before a minor injury.

After just a couple of quiet early-season runs, one of which was pointedly over the Aintree fences, he is nice and fresh and his shrewd handler could have him spot on for the day. A good story as well given that as things stand, he just crept in at No.40.

What prevents me taking the 66/1 though is the worry about whether he will take up his entry. Does anyone know if Ferdy Murphy issued a press comment following his horse's entry into the top 40? It would be nice to hear some positive vibes.
Twitter: @five2tenracing My Strategy Blogs - http://www.olbg.com/blogs/blogger.php?c ... 0141&m=&y=

deswalker
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby deswalker » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:40 pm

@stourblue

Take a look at the other thread for a full run down on Rare Bob's chances...

:win:
"The problem with the future is that there are more things that could happen than will happen" - Plato (liberally paraphrased)

Follow me on Twitter: @Nick_Crossland

Wallsendlad
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Wallsendlad » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:41 pm

Why the worry Billy if you back him with a firm offering NRNB. What have you to lose?

stourblue
Handicapper
Tips

Postby stourblue » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:41 pm

Thanks mate and don't get me wrong when I see a move from 50's to 33 I interested and a few sites have good words to say about him. Needless to say I've followed the crowd and on at 33. However I don't see it myself on the form and maybe the ground may be an issue as its drying out. Is Cooper riding ?

budgie27
At Stud
Tips

Postby budgie27 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:51 pm

The majority will shorten now apart from those who want genuine soft ground which unless it rains on the day unlikely to happen - imagine if no rain it might be closer to good come race day.

Rare Bob has some things going for him but so do a lot of others - one of those races where you pick one that has a chance and hope for the best. You can make some sort of case for well over 10.

deswalker
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby deswalker » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:37 am

AP rides Colbert Station... odds collapse (despite the horses lack of experience and AP's stunning record at picking the wrong one for the race!)

:P
"The problem with the future is that there are more things that could happen than will happen" - Plato (liberally paraphrased)

Randy Rann
Group 1 Class
Betting Blog Tips

grand national chat

Postby Randy Rann » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:32 am

agreed deswalker!

colbert station lots to prove and cant fancy sunnyhillboy now.

ground going right for balthazar king who is added to my evergrowing list of ante post punts!

1. Quiscover Fontaine
2.Balthazar king
3 join Together
4 Becauseicouldntsee

my dream top four! any order will do!

good luck

deswalker
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby deswalker » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:41 am

The 50/1 prices for Quiscover Fontaine are being hoovered up this morning Randy... its good to see we are on the same sheet here. My book as it stands is this:

Cappa Bleu @ 25/1, 16/1 and 14/1
Rare Bob @ 80/1 and 50/1
Quiscover Fontaine @ 50/1
Balthazar King @ 25/1

Pretty happy with the way this looks at the moment. May be adding one more to the list before Saturday, to be confirmed!

:win:

The Executioner
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Executioner » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:27 pm

One horse that seems to have been completely overlooked in the run up to the big race is the Paul Nolan trained Joncol - a two time Grade 1 winner at Leopardstown & Punchestown he has the ability to run a fair race here if taking to the fences. It's a pity the ground has dried up somewhat as all his wins have come with plenty of give in the going but the horse has certainly been given a chance by the handicapper ; at his peak when taking the Irish Hennessy in 2010 he was rated at 163 by the official Irish assessor - he gets in here on a mark of 147 due to a steady decline in form over the last couple of seasons. He has a touch of class and if returning to form could well make a mockery of the 66/1 quote by Skybet & Boylesports who are both paying out FIVE places for Each Way bets ............ my best outsider Value bet ..... Joncol Each Way @66/1 :hope: :hope:

Systemsman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Seabass now Fav - noooooooooooooooo

Postby Systemsman » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:02 pm

Would you believe it on the eve of the GN the Grand National Blog is down! Same happened in a previous year - maybe a case of overload or is it just my connection?

Anyway the more i hear about Sebass and katie Walsh winning the more i think noooooooooooo its not going to win even if its on my own short list (its now the Fav - hosewifes choice!) which is:

1. Teafortthree
1. Cappa Bleu
3. Imperial Commander
3. Seabass
5. Balthazar King
5. Acroos the Bay

I also have a cowards bet (as i dont think it can win but it scares me. Has the worng dosage figures) on Chicago Grey which was free bet due to a win today.

andystaff
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby andystaff » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:06 pm

Hi Systemsman

It's( andy )From the grand national guide blog . Not been able to get on it all day mate.
Last edited by andystaff on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coxy123
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby coxy123 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:07 pm

on bet365 they have a "to place" market but it doesnt say if its 4 places or 5 places

they are paying 5 on the normal market

does anyone know?

Thanks