Toilet Tips Are Back!

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Toilet Tips Are Back!

Postby LustForLeith » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:08 pm

Just been reading through this and it’s great! I’ve got nothing to add as I’m not a racing expert but it was looking for Cheltenham tips one year that brought me to this site.

Well done everyone! Let’s hope we’re flushed with success at the end of the festival with the toilet tips!!!!

thegambler3700
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby thegambler3700 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:23 pm

NATIONAL HUNT CHALLENGE CUP AMATEUR RIDERS - NOVICE CHASE GRADE 2 CLASS 1

ELEGANT ESCAPE is a horse I have had in mind for this race since the end of last season. He was an average hurdler and whatever he done over them he was always going to make a much better chaser. So far he has had 2 wins and 3 places from 5 starts over fences which isnt a bad record. He beat BLACK CORTON at Newbury in December (Grade 2),however the tables were turned the next time they met in a Grade 1 when he finished 2nd beaten 1.5l. He then had a 2 month break before going to Exeter dropping to a Class 2 race and bolting up by 13l. He just looks the type that will get a much longer trip and given the fact hes a natural looking jumper he may well be the one to beat.

jaydubs
Stallion
Tips

Postby jaydubs » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:24 am

Triumph Hurdle -Redicean

Fits the trends well and was very impressive when running away from the field in the Adonis. Hurdling has improved with each run and has that classy turn of foot.

Wobber24
Listed Class
Tips

Postby Wobber24 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:46 am

NATIONAL HUNT CHALLENGE CUP AMATEUR RIDERS - NOVICE CHASE GRADE 2 CLASS 1

ELEGANT ESCAPE is a horse I have had in mind for this race since the end of last season. He was an average hurdler and whatever he done over them he was always going to make a much better chaser. So far he has had 2 wins and 3 places from 5 starts over fences which isnt a bad record. He beat BLACK CORTON at Newbury in December (Grade 2),however the tables were turned the next time they met in a Grade 1 when he finished 2nd beaten 1.5l. He then had a 2 month break before going to Exeter dropping to a Class 2 race and bolting up by 13l. He just looks the type that will get a much longer trip and given the fact hes a natural looking jumper he may well be the one to beat.
I've backed elegant escape for this so I hope your right but every time tizzard asked about it he always seems to want to go RSA

the prophet
Listed Class
Tips

Postby the prophet » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:49 pm

Cheltenham Gold Cup

ROAD TO RESPECT 7yo gelding. Chase form 1432211-121. Onwards and upwards for this progressive youngster. He has two Grade 1 wins in his last four starts. He won the Grade 1 Christmas Chase at Leopardstown on his last start- 'Outlander' in 3rd with 'Sizing John' and 'Yorkhill' well beaten that day.- He was a Grade 3 handicap chase winner last year at the festival- winning a 24 runner affair by 6L- so no problems with the hill. He will be fresh for a big run after an 11 week break and it could be time for the 'New Kid On The Block

johnwilly
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby johnwilly » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:24 pm

Ballymore Novices Hurdle or the Albert Barlett

Black Op 7 year old gelding

Trained by Tom George, he was 2nd behind Santini by 3/4 length at Cheltenham at the end of January in heavy going.
The forecast for the festival is soft/good to soft in places. Has had good form coming here and if the forecast going turns out to be correct then I can see him coming to the fore.
Last edited by johnwilly on Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Executioner
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Executioner » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:59 pm

Fred Winter Juvenile Handicap Hurdle ( Day 2 )

Esprit De Somoza

The Nick Williams stable tends to do well with their French breds and this lightly raced son of Irish Wells looks a potential improver. A winner of the middle of three starts over two miles at Huntingdon marked him down in many notebooks for a race of this nature. His copybook was slightly blotted last time out when runner up to the more experienced The Russian Doyen, but on the plus side had he won he would be carrying a few pounds more here. He appears to act well on soft and at the time of writing is available as big as 25/1 in a place or two - I'll be very surprised if he starts that big on the day and Esprit De Somoza rates a value Each Way punt at a working mans price.

mrd105
2yo
Tips

Postby mrd105 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:41 am

Champions Hurdle

Apple's Jade is my choice and I got on with bet365 at 25/1. I have picked the bet as an Each Way. I think Gordon Elliot's 6 year old mare has a massive chance. She loves the heavy ground and the going is likely to be soft or heavy for this race and it will give her a big advantage. Just look at her form 13 runs- 9 wins and 4 x 2nd places. At 25/1 she cannot be ignored and that price will surely come in with the going looking to be to her suiting and others are likely to drop out. She won the Mare's Hurdle last year at Cheltenham and is on a 5 race winning run. This looks a great value bet.

The famous OLBG Toilet Tips are making a return for the 2018 Festival and we need your help to make sure we have the best selections of tips possible.

We place posters around the racecourse (including some in the toilets hence the name!) which showcase a tip from an OLBG member.

In our first year of the Toilet Tips we managed to hit the first eight winners for an amazing 48,030/1 accumulator! It would be brilliant if we could achieve something similar again this year so please get your thinking caps on.

We need ten tips from our members for 2018 that we can use to highlight the quality tips that are available on OLBG.

What To Do
Please add on this thread your best bet for the 2018 Cheltenham Festival, along with those 40-60 odd words of reasoning (sorry but we have limited space on the posters so we need the reasoning to be concise but show that you know your stuff!)

We would like one selection from each member across the four days and we will have to choose the tips by Wednesday 7th March so we will need to be fairly sure which race the selection is running in.

We will judge the best 10 tips, based on the quality of the reasoning by the tipsters, but also making sure we get a selection across the four days.

Please try and get these tips added to this thread by Wednesday 7th March as we have various print deadlines to meet.

Please note that we reserve the right to edit the reasoning and may need to shorten it.

One entry per person please.

Please give your selection lots of consideration as we want to demonstrate that OLBG is the best resource in the world for tips. We have an amazing set of tipsters and this is your chance to demonstrate your skill and knowledge. Best of luck!

Winniematt
2yo
Tips

Postby Winniematt » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:58 pm

Al Boum Photo - RSA chase
A keeping on 2nd in the Flowgas behind Monalee last time out. has improved with each run this season and the extra distance of the RSA should see him come on again to reverse the placings with Monalee.

nellberg1
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nellberg1 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:39 pm

I like Ivanovich Gorbatov for the county hurdle. Ran poorly LTO on soft ground, but that has been the same the last 2 years and he's massively improved for spring ground. He won a hot Truimph 2 years ago and last year he was close 6th in this race. Has the ability to travel in big fields and is 2lbs lower than last year.

rockabilly kat
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby rockabilly kat » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:10 pm

Poetic rhythm is my tip in the albert Bartlett
this horse is a 2nd season hurdler that do so well in this race and his two wins from three starts look to be the best form in this race winning the grade 2 Persian war and then the grade 1 challow coming late to take the lead only to ideal once in the lead and between those two races he finished 3rd trying to give 5lb to a good horse in on the blind side plus he will handle any going

slimey
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby slimey » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:50 pm

Friday 2.10 County Hurdle. Chesterfield.
Last years Scottish champion hurdle winner has a fine chance today. Off a very good weight with Daniel Sansom taking another 5 off, he's very excited about his chances after winning at Kempton on the flat over 2 miles what seems a perfect prep race for the battle hardened Chesterfield.