Champion Hurdle - Tuesday 13th March 2018 (Day 1)

jaydubs
Stallion
Tips

Re: Champion Hurdle - Tuesday 13th March 2018 (Day 1)

Postby jaydubs » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:42 pm

I fancy Melon now which will be suited by a really strong pace. Its hurdling looked a lot better this season and if it doesn't fight all the way round travels so well

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:48 pm

Faugheen into 13/8 and Beveur d’air 7/2 - is Faugheen too fragile to get him through to the Festival? BD was a solid if not spectacular winner last year - looks a good e/w shot to nothing at the price
Happy with the 7/2 now he’s 4/6 or shorter...

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:49 pm

Min for the champion, Yorkhill for the Qmcc = 233/1 double FYI - could be an interesting rerouting if they don’t consider melon good enough

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:07 pm

Willie been stretched here....not like previous years!

Glad im on Gordon at 3's for the title!

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:15 pm

Is Faugheen finished? Never looked right today and very possible the horse just can’t be what he once was which isn’t that surprising given how good he was.

Mullins has had a poor Christmas but he’s well capable of bouncing back and I could see the Yorkhill Christmas Chase failure combined with Faugheen’s lack of health combine to see Yorkhill in this race and if so, a leading contender.
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy

Pisto1
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby Pisto1 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:29 pm

Is Faugheen finished? Never looked right today and very possible the horse just can’t be what he once was which isn’t that surprising given how good he was.

Mullins has had a poor Christmas but he’s well capable of bouncing back and I could see the Yorkhill Christmas Chase failure combined with Faugheen’s lack of health combine to see Yorkhill in this race and if so, a leading contender.
They're saying it could be a cold for the reason faugheen running badly and PT was just looking after him by pulling him up.as for yorkhill I think a fast 2 mile would suit but that's what BVD also loves!

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:52 am

I really hope thats the case because ultimately we want the best horses in the best races but he looked uncomfortable a long way out and with his lack of action in the past year and a half it's not hard to see why people think he might be at the end. Maybe something comes to light once Mullins' team has given him a proper going over.

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Micko70 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:00 am

Surely it would be a master stoke if Yorkhill were to win the Champion Hurdle?

His last hurdle run was in April 2016 and is 2m far too short for him these days?

He has only ever had 2 runs over hurdles over 2 miles, although 1 was when winning the Grade 1 Tolworth in January 2016.

Still not 100% sure if Faugheen will turn up, i am starting to look at horses priced at 33/1+ that are likely to run for the place option

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:34 am

His last hurdle run was in April 2016 and is 2m far too short for him these days?

He has only ever had 2 runs over hurdles over 2 miles, although 1 was when winning the Grade 1 Tolworth in January 2016.

Still not 100% sure if Faugheen will turn up, i am starting to look at horses priced at 33/1+ that are likely to run for the place option
It would be but this is the trainer that rerouted Annie Power to a stunning win in 2016 and if anyone can do it, Mullins can.

I agree on the big price angle though, surely something is going to get in at a big price. I've already stated I'd like to back Arctic Fire e/w once we have NRNB but Elgin and Wicklow Brave could be two others at big prices to at least have a think about. Elgin's got that age old problem of being too good for handicaps and loaded with weight if running in them but likely being a bit short of class for graded races but he is only 5 turning 6 and seems to have been one of the few to have really improved since last years Supreme (he was 7th).

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:55 am

Yorkhill has more chance of going for the QMCC - especially with question marks over Min

jaydubs
Stallion
Tips

Postby jaydubs » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:43 am

I would not be convinced that Mullins will be allowed to move horses around from different owners just to have a runner in the race. If Yorkhill is best off in another race other than the CH then I guess the Wyllies will want it to run in that rather than make up the numbers for Mullins because Ricci hasn't a runner..

Look at previous years fields... hardly a race where there were 2 x Wyllie, Ricci or Gigginstown horses but they did compete against each other.

Pisto1
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby Pisto1 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:35 pm

I would not be convinced that Mullins will be allowed to move horses around from different owners just to have a runner in the race. If Yorkhill is best off in another race other than the CH then I guess the Wyllies will want it to run in that rather than make up the numbers for Mullins because Ricci hasn't a runner..

Look at previous years fields... hardly a race where there were 2 x Wyllie, Ricci or Gigginstown horses but they did compete against each other.
I see faugheen has been put back in some betting markets now.wpm likes to cover all bases it must be a headache juggling owners and horses,though you'd think hed send them to race he thinks they have the best chance of winning .if yorkhill does go here what would that say for the chances of melon and faugheen?