Supreme Novices Hurdle - Tuesday 13th March 2018 (Day 1)

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Supreme Novices Hurdle - Tuesday 13th March 2018 (Day 1)

Postby Brownie3 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:25 am

Thoughts...

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Re: Supreme Novices Hurdle - Tuesday 13th March 2018 (Day 1)

Postby titans choice » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:22 pm

Kalashnikov who is 33/1 with Paddy Power and 25/1 with sky bet for the Supreme is due to run in the 12.05 at Doncaster this Saturday has had 1 run out over hurdles and it won a class 3 novice hurdle by 10 lengths.And it will be facing Irish Prophecy who has also had 1 run out over hurdles in a class 4 maiden hurdle and it also won easily by 9 lengths and it is 25/1 Stan James but is 50/1 with Paddy Power but it could be a race worth taking a look at on Saturday.

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:28 pm

Desperate news for the Ante Post gamble yesterday, Annamix out for the season, as reported by Rich Ricci on ATR last night.

On a positive note, he's young at 4, and no doubt he'll be the fav for 2019 already.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:39 pm

Mengli Khan put in a nice performance at Fairyhouse on Sunday, quickening away from the field which included a bunch of JP McManus hopefuls and there was market confidence beforehand as he was backed into even money. That performance has taken him to the top of the market at 15/2 but whilst I'm not knocking the performance, he's a massive horse who looks like a future chaser and I just think a big field gallop would be the wrong type of test for him. Obviously I'm judging on one run and a look at him on the TV but I'd want to see more before being convinced. Obviously way too early to go at a race of this nature and lots more to see over the next few weeks.
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:37 am

I sort of agree what your saying here.....but there's not alot of cream rising to the surface at present.

He's smashed up a good field on Sunday, lots of reputations dented.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:05 pm

Really nice win by Western Ryder today, he fairly bolted up the hill. I’m not sure on the level of competition as I though the fav, Lalor, was a bit short priced based on it’s shown hurdle form so far and nothing else was really close, but have to like what the horse done and how well it finished the race. 33’s in places as short as 16’s with others.

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:56 am

The sponsors are now NRNB on this race.

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:29 pm

Mengli Khan put in a nice performance at Fairyhouse on Sunday, quickening away from the field which included a bunch of JP McManus hopefuls and there was market confidence beforehand as he was backed into even money. That performance has taken him to the top of the market at 15/2 but whilst I'm not knocking the performance, he's a massive horse who looks like a future chaser and I just think a big field gallop would be the wrong type of test for him. Obviously I'm judging on one run and a look at him on the TV but I'd want to see more before being convinced. Obviously way too early to go at a race of this nature and lots more to see over the next few weeks.

MK runs tomorrow. Expecting a good performance and will see him head up all Supreme markets thereafter

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:10 pm

I think we just draw a line through that Leopardstwon race for all the principles. MK likely got blinded by the sun as they swung for home then Real Steel and Sharjah took each other out at the last. Whiskey Sour was staying on but was never winning or getting close if they clear the last and Mullins himself basically admitted it was in to get a run but at the same time you have to jump to win so I'd never discredit the win, just try and put it into prespective.

I suspect all three will get another run before Cheltenham, try and get a bit of confidence back.

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:17 am

I think we just draw a line through that Leopardstwon race for all the principles. MK likely got blinded by the sun as they swung for home then Real Steel and Sharjah took each other out at the last. Whiskey Sour was staying on but was never winning or getting close if they clear the last and Mullins himself basically admitted it was in to get a run but at the same time you have to jump to win so I'd never discredit the win, just try and put it into prespective.

I suspect all three will get another run before Cheltenham, try and get a bit of confidence back.
If you look at RS and Sharjah before MK jumped the rail, you would have been surprised if either had won. For me, it’s kept MK at a backable price for a horse that was likely to win barring a freak accident.

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Market Man » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:44 pm

Looks like another weak renewal in prospect. I remember mentioning during discussions for the race last season that it could be another year like when Ebaziyan won.

Claimantakinforgan looks decent. If The Cap Fits has a high cruising speed and I think will place. However, one horse that I think has star potential is Sharjah. He was cruising when falling at Leopardstown and hopefully Ruby will be fit to take the ride at Cheltenham

Skywatcher31
2yo
Tips

Postby Skywatcher31 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:02 am

I was given a horse for the Supreme last year. The horse in question is SAYAR from the W Mullins yard. SAYAR had 2 runs last year and won both in times of 4mins exactly on soft- yielding ground an 4mins 5 sec on heavy to yielding ground. I have decent ante post bets at 33's and 25's.
I understand the horse has had 2 minor setbacks over the christmas period and I'm hoping the horse will get to Leopardstown next month.
Getabird's run at the weekend was pretty impressive but the time he ran was 4mins 38sec on soft to yielding....a.full 30plus seconds slower than SAYARS run on the same ground.
Surely if SAYAR makes it to the festival he must be in with a big shout, and is still a big price around the 16/1 -20/1 mark. If anyone gets any info from the Mullins yard could you see if you can get an update on the horse for me please.

Cheers Paul.