Jaydubs OLBG v The Bookies 08/09 thead

jaydubs
Stallion
Tips

Jaydubs OLBG v The Bookies 08/09 thead

Postby jaydubs » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:12 pm

I will start with the same 1000 Geckoins or 100 tipstongs then !

jaydubs
Stallion
Tips

Postby jaydubs » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:53 pm

I agree with everyone else that real value is hard to find in the first week especially as there are new players fitting in to new clubs.
The one that stands out to me though is Everton to win at home at Evens (with most bookies bar Ladbrokes). Everton have a decent home record and although they are not known for banging goals in and killing sides off it is more for the poor state Blackburn are in that I am taking the bet on. They have a new manager, although he has done well in the lower leagues the premiership is a different kettle of fish altogether, their best player and catalyst for almost all attcking moves, Bentley has gone, their top scorer Roque Santa Cruz looks unsettled and may be on his way soon to re-join Hughes and Warnock may well be leaving as well. All in all it looks like a side not in the right frame of mind for the first game and therefore:

£100 Everton to win at Evens with most Bookies

jaydubs
Stallion
Tips

Postby jaydubs » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:09 pm

Well I am not going to say too much about that. Just looking forward to getting back on track this weekend. Having had a quick look through the coupon this weekend I don't see a great deal of value in the matches. There is the city match as has been mentioned already and i can't see Pompey getting beat at home by united so a draw looks tempting. I will however wait for the international injuries to surface first before wading in you never know something might become a lot more appealing. There seems to be some great value bets in the lower leagues though especially in te championship and div 1.

jaydubs
Stallion
Tips

Postby jaydubs » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:06 pm

with my new weeks 100 I shall place my wager on what looked last week like a very good Villa. Stoke will put up a fight but they are are just not good enough to compete and I fancy Villa at 4/5 (Ladbrokes) to get the better of them quite comfortably.
I was also looking at Spurs to win handsomly (3-0 at at least 9's) against a Sunderland side that does not win many away but I think I will leave them a week or two until they settle down and the safer bet looks to be Villa

£100 Villa to win at 4/5 or 1.8

jaydubs
Stallion
Tips

Postby jaydubs » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:57 pm

Well what another Good bet !! Although looking through the list I probably would have only gone and got something else wrong.. Congrats to anyone who forsaw some of those results.

Week 2 closing balance zippety doo !!

Week 3 starting balance £100

jaydubs
Stallion
Tips

Postby jaydubs » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:58 pm

There are a few that interest me and the prices are quite good to go with them

Sunderland 13/10 to beat Man City - As a few people have already mentioned Sunderland have had a couple of good results and twin that with the fact that Man City have to go Denmark tomorrow and get a result. I often look for this in teams for the weekend that have had to go a long-ish distance to get a result in Europe. It is surprising how many times their next performance is under par against a side they should beat/match.

Villa Liverpool This is just too tough and congrats to anyone who predicts this.
Villa are a tidy side under o Neill, they don't have a tough fixture in Europe and the Barry saga is now finished (will O Neill have to get the players up for it ??). Liverpool have a tougher fixture and with the squad they have should win but I can't say one side or the other or even a draw.

Chelsea - Spurs should be an easy enough home win but not at that price.
Arsenal v Toon again Newcastle have a poor record in London but have been going well and I wouldn't like to lump money on Arsenal although they should win it is not a match for me to be looking at.

Bolton obviously (haven't seen) played a weaker side or the players just weren't bothered but rest assured they will be back up for another 3 points on Saturday against a side who are not great away from home
10/11 represents a good price.

Hull also going well against Wigan is another to be considered and 6/4 looks too big on Hull who are tactically aware and playing well, However I can't see Hull winning this and a draw looks the most likely outcome to me.

As with Villa Liverpool I don't feel confident either way about West Ham Blackburn or Everton Pompey so will leave them alone and will Stoke be able to match their heroics of last week at Boro .. I think not but 8/13 is too short a price for me to find out.

Looking through all that it looks like Sunderland to win at 13/10 which interests me most but I will give it a day or two to see if any injury news affects my judgements

jaydubs
Stallion
Tips

Postby jaydubs » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:50 pm

Well nothing else has really stuck its head and said back me so although Liverpool were not very good and have lost Gerrard I am still going to have to side with Sunderland to beat a tired Man City side at 13/10

Sunderland 13/10 to beat Man City
£100

jaydubs
Stallion
Tips

Postby jaydubs » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:21 pm

What a Shocker I am having in the first 3 weeks .

International matches that take my fancy are

Israel v Switzerland - Israel are 6/5 to win this. This could be a nice price. Switzerland did nothing in the European champs at home and have not got a fantastic away record. Israel don't lose many games at home although the only worry is that they don't score too many either so this could be a low scoring draw. however I think Israel will win by the odd goal.

Cyprus Italy is also interesting - Yes Italy should win but Cyprus are much improved, their clubs have started off well in Europe and although 12/1 on the win is a bit optimistic 7/2 on the draw could be a nice price. Italy will be going there not to lose the game and a negative game of 0-0 or 1-1 could be on the cards.

As much as I am loathe to bet on England the Hcp betting of England -3 at 5/6 could be worth looking at. England haven't shown too much so far under the new management but just the 3 goals against Andorra is quite a small amount. I do expect them to win by at least 4 if not more. Defoe has started the season well and could be aggod bet for first goalscorer.

Slovakia N.Ireland - N.Ireland blew their chances last year against the lesser sides and Slovakia could come under that banner. The Irish beat Spain only to lose to Iceland a few days later (IIRC) and the underdogs tag might suit their style of play better than having to go and get the result. 10/11 on Slovakia is nice value.

I am torn between these as the 3 decisions I have made so far have been wrong

But I am going to take the 5/6 on England -3
£100 -3 on England with Ladbrokes at 5/6

jaydubs
Stallion
Tips

Postby jaydubs » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:55 pm

Disaster and Choas surrounding my choices ...England can't score more than two against a pub team then score four at a good national side !!
Good job I am doing ok in the lower leagues.
Right to this week ..not got time to go through them all (stag weekend beckons)

Looks like a lot of good value but a lot of pitfalls to boot..Lots of these matches could have any of the 3 results.

However to be short and sweet Fulham don't score many at home, Bolton don't concede many when losing

So 1-0 Fulham at 7-1 looks good

£50 at 7-1

Balance remaining £50

jaydubs
Stallion
Tips

Postby jaydubs » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:37 pm

:( What a disaster I am having in the premiership, Its just a good job I have been winning a few bets in the lower leagues :D
Any way

Opening balance 150

Liverpool v Stoke looks to be an easy win for Liverpool but not a great deal of value so looking elsewhere

Bolton tight at home look very tasty at 4/1 to win or even 5/2 the draw against an Arsenal side that had to fight for the full 90 mins in Kiev. Tired legs may be an issue against a physical Bolton side.
To be perfectly honest I am not very keen on a lot of the matches although the one that does stand out is
Chelsea at 5/4 they had a stroll in midweek wheras United had a tougher match. United have hit nowhere near any form yet and even the return of Ronaldo will not help them at the bridge.

Chelsea to win at 5/4 (Ladbrokes) 80 coins

closing balance 70

jaydubs
Stallion
Tips

Postby jaydubs » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:37 pm

Opening balance 150

do h missed the kick off been traipsing round town.

only got the 3 matches to choose from

Don't really like any of them fancied Villa and Blackburn but too late

So am going to take Pompey and Spurs to draw at 23/10, they are both hopeless at the moment and just aminimal bet of 30 is placed

Pompey Spurs draw 23/10 with Ladbrokes 30

closing balance 120

jaydubs
Stallion
Tips

Postby jaydubs » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:30 pm

Opening balance 220

A few matches that take my fancy this week. Mainly home or away wins but there is value away from the obvious.
I am looking at the two matches featuring teams on who have a lot to play for tonight. Everton and Spurs (both away from home) and both facing sides they should beat on Sunday.
Newcastle are in a complete mess but they are still going to have 11 decent footballers on the pitch and 7/2 looks a nice price especially with the new manager syndrome (whether or not he is there for long) Kinnear is not a complete muppett and should at least be respected.
Spurs look like the Berbatov saga has a few weeks left and Hull who have had a week off after last weeks great result could quite easily pull off another and at 4/1 the odds look far too high to ignore. They have only had one thumping so far and confidence is still very high.

So 120 credits at 4-1 on Hull with Paddy Power