Scottish Football 2016/17 Season

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Scottish Football 2016/17 Season

Postby LustForLeith » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:06 am

Hi folks,

I've posted a blog on a guide to all the teams in the Scottish Leagues so I though I'd start a thread for the coming season.

Between now and the end of the week I'm going to post up various tips on who I think win the leagues, who'll get relegated, who I think will finish in a top six/four position, which manager will leave first and who'll be top scorer.

Also, each week my aim will be to post a wee review on the preview week with a quick preview of the coming fixtures, highlighting potential opportunities. That's the plan!

Tainteddevil
2yo
Tips

Postby Tainteddevil » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:30 am

Hi LustForLeith

I\'m very interested in your views /advice
I\'m looking to add 1 or 2 or maybe 3 Scottish teams to my season long bets
I normally pick a 4 team roll up to get promoted
1 team from each league of the English football
And that used to include the conference league but with only 1 automatic team going up from the conference it limits my bets/chances

So I\'m looking to add Scottish promoted sides to my bets,
However I\'m trying to put it on before Friday nights kick off in the English championship
So I\'m really interested in your Scottish choices or anyone\'s for promotion or a bet without Celtic and or Rangers for example, but it doesn\'t have to be from the Scottish premier, championship or lower good too.
Look forward to your write up

Thanks
Tainteddevil

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:34 pm

Often dismissed as a non event, this looks to be a cracking season North of the Border, one of the most potentially exciting in years.

Here's why.

Rangers are back in the top flight.

It's taken them a few years to get there but the Glasgow side are in the Premiership. Time will tell if they can maintain the form they showed last season under Mark Warburton. With Joey Barton in midfield (watch for fireworks when he faces Celtic counterpart Scott Brown) the Ibrox side could have a big say in where the title is going.

Brendan Rodgers is in charge at Celtic.

At one point he came so close to winning the title at Liverpol until that slip from Stevie Gerrard kick started a downturn in form at the wrong time of the season.

He's stating this is the club he's always supported while some are saying it's a step down for him. One things for sure, he'll need to do better than in his competitive debut when Celtic lost to a part time outfit from Gibraltar.

Can Aberdeen improve?

The Dons have been a revelation in recent seasons, boss Derek McIness proving that he's doing a good job at Aberdeen.

The problem they had last season was that run where they won every game was followed by some shocking losses. Even if some of those defeats had been draws, things might have been different.

So he's set the bar. Can his team beat it?

Is Robbie Neilson on borrowed time at Tynecastle?

A humiliating loss to a Maltese side intje Europa League qualifier has given Hearts coach Neilson the worst possible start to the season.

Owner Anne Budge isn't afraid to wield the axe like she did to his predecessor Gary Locke.

St Johnstone appear to be an established top six side.

Two top four finishes have cemented their reputation as a team to watch out for while slipping under the radar. They're biggest challenge could well be keeping a hold of manager Tommy Wright.

It's going to be a fight to the finish for the rest.

Dundee draw too many games, with the task of winning games even harder now that they've sold striker Kane Hemmings.

It's taken a lot for Motherwell to take to Mark McGhee, maybe a decent cup run and some big wins will put paid to that.

Alan Archibald is regarded by many Partick Thislte fans of being a playing legend for the club. If he can get them into the top six then he'll be a legendary boss.

Richie Foran is has moved from player to boss at Inverness after the departure of John Huighes. Foran has been at the club long enough to know what's expected.

Jim McIntyre was many people's manager of the year last season for guiding Ross County to the League Cup. They've already been eliminated from the competition.

Hamilton avoided being caught up in a relegation dogfight last season. Martin Canning has done his best to avoid a repeat with some interesting signings.

Kilmarnock. Kilmarnock. Kilmarnock. Rarely has a club been besieged with as many off field problems as the Ayrshire outfit have. And after a League Cup exit, manager Lee Clark could soon be away.

The Championship

Hibs need to get promoted

No messing about. No last minute drama. Hibs need to get back into the top flight yesterday. Since that can't be done, this season will do.

Neil Lennon is looking to rebuild his reputation after a disastrous spell at Bolton and if early signs are an indication they've toughened up, going out to European cracks Bronby on a penalty shoot out.

Keeping two of the best young players in Scotland in Paul Hanlon and Jason Cummings is a major plus but they'll ned to go up if they're looking to keep these players any longer.

United we fall.

Dundee United find themselves in the Championship after a horrendous campiagn last season.

Former player Ray McKinnon has been snapped up as boss after his impressive stints at Brechin and Raith Rovers.

It took Hibs and Rangers awhile to adjust to the league and opponents will be aware of this. McKinnon will need to rebuild the team and their confidence quick.

Don't write off Falkirk

They finished second to Rangers last season and manager Peter Houston will be determined to make sure they go one better this term.

Losing Will Vaulks is a big loss but Houston has a keen eye for a decent player. This year it could be John Rankin.

Will the Saints go marching in?

St Mirren really struggled in the Championship last season after being relegated.

Boss Alex Rae has got David Clarkson and John Sutton up front. If those two click then they'll be up there. If not then it's back to the drawing board.

Morton surprised many last season with boss Jim Duffy installing an Icelandic type team spirit in his squad. They will fear no one.

New Raith gaffer Gary Locke seems to have brought in enough attacking players to score a barrow load of goals, let's hope he's not forgotten his defence.
New boys Dunfermline and Ayr United arrive off the back of impressive campaigns and should be safe in the league.

Queen of the South seem to have lost their way in recent seasons. If they take a scalp like Hibs or Dundee United early on it will give them a much needed lift.

Dumbarton have been doing far better than many would have thought. But have the part time outfit with limited resources finally run out of steam?

League 1

Alloa and Livingston will both be looking to make an immediate return to the Championship. Peterhead and Stranraer will be looking to go one better and get promoted after missing out in the play offs

Airdrie have massive ambitions but have so far failed to reach them. Not a lot was thought of Albion and Stenhousemuir last season but they defied expectations and stayed in the league.

Brechin survived after a horror start and ended with the type of form that could see them promoted.

New boys East Fife and Queens Park will both be looking to show that they've got what it takes to avoid relegation after getting promoted.

Both have managers (Gary Naysmith and Gus McPherson) who are well respected at their club and by others.

League 2

On your marks. Get set. Go!

It's like an episode of Wacky Races where anyone can win it. Almost.

Clyde once again start as pre season favourites but if they don't get promoted you wonder how long boss Barry Ferguson can survive.

Forfar and Cowdenbeath were relegated but there's no guarantee they'll find it a walk in the park getting back out of League 2.

There's a couple of managers with previous in this league. Arbroath manager Dick Campbell and Berwick boss John Coughlin both know what it's like to get teams promoted.

Last season Elgin and Annan went so close but erratic form put paid to their hopes.

Stirling were disappointing at the start but manager Stuart McLaren has been given a new deal. It's time for him to repay the club.

Montrose could well be the new East Stirling. A club who seem forever hanging around the bottom of the bottom league, it could be a long hard season for all concerned.

Edinburgh City are the first team ever to be promoted into the Scottish Leagues. My hearts says they'll win the league, my head says my heart should do a bit more thinking and be realistic.

There you go. All teams in all four leagues. It could well be a cracker.

So where do we start?

The Premiership

From a betting point of view there's not a lot that catches my eye. It could be worth watching to see how bookies price up Rangers in the early stages of the league. Against most teams they'll probably start as favourites but time will tell if it's justified.

In relation to winning it I think Celtic will do it. Rodgers will have his work cut out with Rangers, a resurgent Aberdeen and a hurt Hearts after them but at about 2/7 there's no appeal.

The Championship

I know I'm biased but I can't see Hibs not winning this league.

Under Neil Lennon they should have the steel that they've been lacking under Alan Stubbs. They'll need to do two things. One, cut out late goals being conceded. Two, they'll need to take their chances. No more misses from two yards out Mr Cummings!

They were unlucky to go out of Europe against Bronby and in pre season games have shown they can take on the likes of Motherwell and Birmingham with ease.

Personally I still think they're a couple of players short of running away with the league. And there's teams who won't allow it. Such as Falkirk.

Last season Peter Houston and his side seemed to get right under the skin of Hibs and their manager Alan Stubbs. If mind games were being played then Houston, with his second place finish in the league, was the victor.

They've out of the League Cup but I wouldn't let that put you off. Same goes to them losing Blair Alston and Will Vaulks.

Peter Houston has been around the block enough times that he's probably dizzy. His sides are usually stubborn and physical and they'll make it difficult for those they face.

The big question for Dundee United is how quickly will they adjust to the Championship? Sink or swim?

They've got one advantage which is boss Ray McKinnon. Having bossed Raith he knows what it's like in this league so nothing should surprise them. I just don't know if they'll adjust quickly enough and if they don't then I think Hibs and Falkirk will edge it over them. But if they find they're feet quickly then it's game on.

My tips for the top are Hibs and Falkirk.

League One

I've mentioned this before but I'd watch for teams dropping into this league and being relegated again. Airdire, Clyde and Stirling have all faced that unfortunate fate.

Alloa and Livingston were relegated and of the two I really like the look of Alloa.

Manager Jack Ross is articulate and smart. Fine if you want to win Countdown but he's made some brilliant signings.

Greg Spence, who seems to have been playing for years but is still really young, returns for his third spell at the club. The striker, paired with Jamie Longworth, should get in amongst the goals.

Throw in former St Mirren hard man in midfield Jim Goodwin along with defender Scott Taggert and they could be the ones to beat.

Brian Reid took over from Stevie Aitken at Stranraer and initially it didn't look like it had worked. But they pulled it around and went onto win a play off place.

He's managed to bring in striker Chritiian Nade who had a successfulp spell at Dumbarton last season and Scott Agnew, whose on his day one of the best set piece takers at this level.

Throw in former captain Frank McKeown returning from Morton and they're a really strong side.

My tips Alloa and Stranraer

League Two

This is a bit of a mine field. You could make the case for almost any team being in contention and judging by results in the cup competitions so far we're still waiting on that one team to stamp their authoirty.

Teams are going for it in a big way. Take Cowdenbeath for instance who've brought in 15 players.

Forfar are one of the favourites but they're rapid decent and terrible run last season is alarming.

That's one thing you need to watch for in this league especially. Teams can go on long unbeaten runs or can't buy a win if they tried.

Arbroath looked to have the title sewn up by Christmas a couple of seasons ago then struggled badly in the new year. Both Annan and Elgin had a good shot before fading away.

So, with my arm twisted behind my back I'd go for Clyde.

One thing that I've mentioned in previous seasons is that it's better if you've got as many players in who know each other well as quickly as possible.

So the likes of Cowdenbeath, who remember also have a new coach, will need to get those team building games started quick smart.

Clyde haven't made that many changes and Barry Ferguson recently signed a new deal. With that in mind you're thinking that the club believe he can get them promoted.

Arbroath are my next tip.

Manager Dick Campbell is well experienced and quite handy when it comes to getting teams promoted.

He took over after a bad spell at Forfar last season and has made some good acquisitions.

Bryan Prunty and Steven Doris have been brought in to spearhead the attack with the talented Ryan McCourt brought in to star in midfield.

So I'd go for Clyde and Arbroath....

Hibs 11/10 and Falkirk 8/1
Alloa 11/4 Stranraer 6/1
Clyde 3/1 Arbroath 6/1

6 Each Way singles
12 Each Way doubles
8 Each Way trebles

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:47 pm

Scottish best of the rest

Here's something that caught my interest. Teams to do well but without doing that we'll. If that makes sense!

Let's start in the top league.

St Johnstone to finish in the top six (6/5)

Celtic will probably win the league, Rangers will run them close perhaps. Then Aberdeen to build on their momentum and Hearts close behind.

There's four spaces. What about the next places?

Here's how St Johnstone have faired in the last five seasons, starting at last season first.

Fourth, fourth, sixth, third, sixth,

That's an impressive record. I like it how the Saints have just gone about it quietly. Okay, they've also won the Scottish Cup and got to the semi of the League Cup recently. But look at those stats again.

They've not really lost any players and acquired wisely with Paul Paton and Blair Alston. If you look at the other teams out with Celtic, Rangers, Hearts and Aberdeen has any of them got a good as squad and manager as St Johnstone?

Raith Rovers To Finish In The Top Four In The Championship (2/1)

Raith finished fourth last season. This year there's Hibs and Dundee United leading the betting. Falkirk, runners up last season are next.

Newly promoted Dunfermline and an under performing St Mirren are next in the top four betting but as they're odds on I don't see them offering any value.

I can't help but feel that if Hibs, United and Falkirk fill the top three places Raith are going to be the best of the rest.

New boss Gary Locke did well at Hearts and not so well at Kilmarnock. But he's brought in some great players such as Bobby Barr, Chris Johnston and Declan McManus. This will give Rovers a proper attacking edge which could be important.

Brechin the finish in the top four in League One (11/4)

Darren Dods had a horrendous start to his managerial career with Brechin last season. Heading for relegation him and his side pulled things around.

To put things into perspective Brechin lost their first eight games, six in the league last season. However they won eight of their last ten games, losing just two.

If Dods can maintain that momentum and his signings click (Aln Trouten is one of the best goal scoring midfielders in the Scottish lower leagues whole Ally Love should put away a few goals) then they should be at the top end of the table.

Stirling Albion to finsih in the top four of League Two (15/8)

Albion were another side who started badly last season. They lost their first five games and drew one. Then then went on spells of either being unbeaten or unable to win a match.

Manager Stuart McLaren signed a new deal recently which I think shows the club have faith he can take the side places.

Strike Blair Henderson joins from Berwick where he notched an impressive 17 goals last season. And watch out for winger Marc McKenzie making an impression.

Lucky 15 using the above selections

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:28 pm

Top goal scorer

I'm going to go through each division, looking at previous trends and seeing what can be gained.

Premiership

For the last five seasons, here's a list of the top three scorers with the club they played for and the position the club reached.

Season 15/16
Griffiths Celtic 1st
Hemmings Dundee 8th
Rooney Aberdeen 2nd

Season 14/15

Rooney Aberdeen 2nd
Ciftici Dundee United 5th
Griffiths Celtc 1st

Season 13/14

Commons Celtic 1st
Boyd Kilmarnock 9th
Sutton Motherwell 2nd

Season 12/13
Higdon Motherwell 2nd
Griffiths Hibs 7th
McKay Inverness 4th

Season 11/12

Hooper Celtic 1st
Daly Dundee Utd 4th
Higdon Motherwell 3ds

So as you can see the top scorer in the last five seasons has come from either the top or second top club.

If memory serves me correct Rooney and Higdon are the only two non Old Firm players to be the top scorer in years.

So if you work out who'll finish in the top two you can then identify the top scorer. Easy!

Even if we were to say the title is between Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen it reduces the options drastically.

Leigh Griffiths is the clear favourite and he can and shoul score goals for fun. The problem I have with him is the short odds and the fact that Celtic are in the Champions League. Will Griffiths be rested for league games to save himself for Europe?

Adam Rooney has had a great last two seasons. I can see him continuing that form and it's a bonus that he takes penalties.

Someone whose catching my eye is Martyn Waghorn of Rangers. He ended up as the top scorer in the Championship last season, despite missing a period theough injury.

Not only that, he takes penalties. And Rangers, like Celtic, will get a few in their favour.

The Championship

Here's the last five seasons.

2015/16

Waghorn Rangers 1st
Cummings Hibs 3rd
Baird Falkirk 2nd

2014/15
Cummings Hibs 2nd
Lyle QOS 4th
Buchanan Alloa 9th

2013/14
Loy Falkirk 3rd
Hemmings Cowdenbeath 9
ThMacDonald Dundee 1st

2012/13
May Hamilton 5th
Taylor Falkirk 2nd
Graham Raith 6th

2011/12

McMenamin Ross County 1st
El Allagui Falkirk 3d
Dooland Partick 6th

Quite an even spread. 1stt, 2nd and 3rd placed teams have made up for three top three places each.

Interestingly enough there's a couple of six an even two nine placed teams in there so maybe you don't need to be near the top to be amongst the goals.

But I think it's going to b harder to work out which tea will be at the bottom end and from then who'll score goals so let's look at the top.

Cummings likes scoring eighteen goals in the league. He's signed a new deal at Hibs and with decent service he should be there or there abouts again.

Falkirk bought Nathan Austin from East Fife where h ended up being the top scorer in League Two last season. He has a habit of drifting in and out of games but he is fast and can score.

I like the look of Simon Murray. You could say that Dundee United's relegation has been given good thing for the striker. He notched goals for fun at Arbroath before moving to United.

He was given his chance towards the end of last season and took it by netting. He's also got on the score sheet at this early stage of the season thanks to the cup.

League One

Here's the breakdown for the past five seasons

2015/16
El Bakhtaoui Dumfermline 1st
McAlister Peterhead 3rd
Spence Cowdenbeath 9th

2014/15

McManus Morton 1st
McMenamin Stenhousemuir 9th
Trouten Brechin 4th

2013/14
Moffat Ayr 4th
Daly Rangers 1st
McCulloch Rangers 1st

2012/13

Clark QOS 1st
Gemmell Stenhousemuir 6th
Malcolm Stranraer 8th

2011/12

Donnelly Airdrie 4th
Doris Arbroath 2nd
Wallace East Fife 6th

In the last three seasons the best placings in the league to find a top scorer are 1st and 4th.

There's a few lower placings as well so it seems like there's a fair distribution of teams.

Since I think that Alloa are going to be there or there abouts I'm going for Greg Spence.

He's back at Alloa, a club he knows well. He scored seventeen goals for Cowdenbeath who finished ninth last season. With a better squad of players around him then I think he could score again.

League Two

Here's the last five seasons

2015/16
Auston East Fife 1st
Gunn Elgin 2nd
Fraser Montrose 8th

2014/15

Weatherson Annan 5th
Murray Arbroath 3rd
Gunn Elgin 7th

2013/14

McAlister Peterhead 1st
Currie Berwick 5th
Gunn Elgin 9th

2012/13
Little Rangers 1st
McAlister Peterhead 2nd
Lavery Berwick 4th

2011/12

Boyle Montrose 8th
McAlister Peterhead 5th
Longworth Queens Park 2nd

So what can we see from the above list? Craig Gunn of Elgin scores a lot of goals!

Can he maintain this run? It will be difficult.

What interests me is that there's a lot of places made up by teams towards the bottom end of the table. A seventh, two eights and a ninth.

With that in min I'm going for a shock. Ross Allum plays for Edinburgh City who've been playin in the Lowland Leagues until they're recent promotion.

Allum scored plenty of goals at that level, so much so he was wanted by other clubs. But he's stayed with City in their historic first season in the senior leagues.

City have signed former Scotland striker Craig Beattie who could play a big past in Allum's development. And help him score.

Each Way Lucky 15

Waghorn Rangers 5/1
Murray Dundee United 6/1
Spence Alloa 5/1
Allum Edinburgh City 16/1

Tainteddevil
2yo
Tips

Postby Tainteddevil » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:27 am

LustForLeith

Some really excellent advice and information there, you have put a lot of time and effort into those threads,

Atleast One team I\'m liking the look of is St Johnstone
What\'s your honest thoughts if I take the bet of 20/1 of St Johnstone without Celtic and Rangers
Yes Aberdeen are next favourites and then Hearts
But what chance would you give that bet should I take the chance
Are St Johnstone that far behind Aberdeen and Hearts?
Could they do it ?

Thanks

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:54 am

LustForLeith

Some really excellent advice and information there, you have put a lot of time and effort into those threads,

Atleast One team I\'m liking the look of is St Johnstone
What\'s your honest thoughts if I take the bet of 20/1 of St Johnstone without Celtic and Rangers
Yes Aberdeen are next favourites and then Hearts
But what chance would you give that bet should I take the chance
Are St Johnstone that far behind Aberdeen and Hearts?
Could they do it ?

Thanks
Thanks mate!

I'd say it would depend on Aberdeen winning in Europe tonight. If they were to go to the Europa League then they might be stretched a bit that would give the Saints a chance.

Hearts are already out of Europe and will be doing all they can to challenge again and restore some pride.

Both Aberdeen and Hearts have more resources than St Johnstone so you'd expect them to do better. And if manager Tommy Wright was to leave St Johnstone to join another club then that could dent their hopes.

St Johnstone do have a chance I'd say of getting as many points as either Aberdeen or Hearts. But I do t think they've got enough to be better than both of them.

I hope this helps!

Tainteddevil
2yo
Tips

Postby Tainteddevil » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:36 am

LustForLeith

Yes mate it does help, basically there\'s an outside chance of it happening then,

But I\'m sure you could help even more with this question
I\'m looking to the Scottish leagues to give me a good chance value bet to add to my season bets that I do
I pick a 4 team roll up every year
I pick 1 team from each league to get promoted so let\'s say this year I\'ve gone
Derby County -Championship
Peterborough - league 1
Leyton Orient - League 2

The 4th team would normally be a national/conference team let\'s say
Forest Green
But only 2 teams go up in that league to I\'m struggling

So was looking to add a Scottish team
But apart from the premiership
You can\'t bet on top 6 finishes or promotion in the leagues beneath so I\'m limited on choices
What would your advice/knowledge lead me to looking at betting on ?

Thanks

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:22 am

LustForLeith

Yes mate it does help, basically there\'s an outside chance of it happening then,

But I\'m sure you could help even more with this question
I\'m looking to the Scottish leagues to give me a good chance value bet to add to my season bets that I do
I pick a 4 team roll up every year
I pick 1 team from each league to get promoted so let\'s say this year I\'ve gone
Derby County -Championship
Peterborough - league 1
Leyton Orient - League 2

The 4th team would normally be a national/conference team let\'s say
Forest Green
But only 2 teams go up in that league to I\'m struggling

So was looking to add a Scottish team
But apart from the premiership
You can\'t bet on top 6 finishes or promotion in the leagues beneath so I\'m limited on choices
What would your advice/knowledge lead me to looking at betting on ?

Thanks

Hmmmm...

It's tricky. I've had a look and I can't see any bookies offering odds on some one being promoted.

I know BetVictor/McBookie offer odds on top four places or even top six in the Premiership. That's the closest I can see but the odds are obviously short.

In my opinion St Johnstone top six place at 6/5 offers the best value.

Hope this helps!

Tainteddevil
2yo
Tips

Postby Tainteddevil » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:09 pm

LustForLeith

Hi mate
Another bet that I\'m interested in is the Championship
I\'m not convinced by Lennoxtown at His, he\'s a fruit cake
They could slip up
What chance Falkirk if His not on it ?

Is it a goer do you think

Thanks

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:39 pm

Teams to finish bottom

Premiership

Kilmarnock have got their problems already. Off the field there's been disagreements in recent seasons involving everything from players bonuses to the pies they sell.

On the field things haven't gone much better. They ended up in a relegation fight last season and are already out of the league cup after some embarrassing results.

But I have a feeling they'll be okay. Maybe just.

Inverness might have a tough season ahead under new boss Richie Foran. Alan Archibald has performed wonders at Partick Thistle and you can't help but tfeel they're either only a couple of wins from breaking into the top six or a couple of losses from being in trouble.

But I fear for Hamilton. I've got a lot of respect for the club and they're a proper community side with the interests of their fans at heart.

Martin Canning has brought in some interesting names. Killie's problems might work in their favour but I wouldn't be surprised if they finished bottom at the end of the season.

Championship

Dumbarton to finish bottom for me.

It's not that they're a bad side. They've been a credit to par time sides in Scotland and held their own. But I think they're luck is coming to an end.

Morton did really well last season and judging by their league cup form they're looking to do the same. Ayr United have been promoted but they've secured the services of manager Ian McCall on a longer deal.

Queen of the South, a little lost in recent season, may be in trouble. I just think Dumbarton are going to be at the bottom at the end of the season.

League One

You could say this league is a bit of the haves and the have nots. Teams with a realist chance of promotion and ones where they're going to be in for a long hard season.

Stenhousemuir and Albion Rovers did superb last season but may find it difficult. Queens Park exceeded a lot of people's expectations to get promoted and Gus McPherson will need to to all he can to keep them in the league.

I'm going for a shock. Livingston. Teams relegated from the Championship have a habit of being relegated the following season instead of going back up.

Alloa went down with Livingston and I think they'll do well. Livi have had off the field financial problems and while there's no indication that their in immediate financial problems, they wouldn't have wanted to have been relegated. While they've made some good signings they've also lost the likes of Jordan White.

So it's a long shot but Livigston to be bottom of this league at the end of the season.

League Two

What this league lacks is a team who'll run away with the title early.

Instead teams go up and down meaning it's quite topsy turvey.

On paper Edinburgh City, who only just got promoted, should be going down. But their squad as been together for the past few years and they know how to win games.

Berwick, once again under the guidance of John Coughlin, may be in that transitional period which could end up leaving them in trouble.

But I think Montrose are going to be the bottom side at the end of the season. I don't think they've strengthened their team enough while others have.

They were eighth last season and ten the season before. They'll need to do well to regain their confidence.

Bottom clubs
Hamilton 5/2
Dumbarton 7/4
Livingston 40/1
Montrose 13/8

Lucky 15

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:43 pm

LustForLeith

Hi mate
Another bet that I\'m interested in is the Championship
I\'m not convinced by Lennoxtown at His, he\'s a fruit cake
They could slip up
What chance Falkirk if His not on it ?

Is it a goer do you think

Thanks
I'm a Hibs fan so I'm biased..!

If Hibs were to falter then I'd pick Falkirk over Dundee United but it would be close and down to the fact they've been in the Championship longer than United.

They'll know how to play against the tams, what most of the stadiums are like, things like that.

Hibs have the best resources in the league and budgeted for two seasons in the Championship. This is their third. I can see, if they're not winning the league by January for some bug named loan signings being brought in to carry them over the line.