NBA bets 2013/2014

ParlayAssassin77
Unraced
Tips

Postby ParlayAssassin77 » Wed May 07, 2014 11:36 am

Sepiro, I completely understand where you\'re coming from with the Washington +4 pickup as that is the consensus. That said, Vogel has stated multiple times that taking care of the ball and limiting fast break points are top priorities the rest of the series. This means that they clearly understand what went wrong in game 1 and will make the proper adjustments. Believe it or not, I actually believe that Indiana will right the ship and control the tempo in game 2. Pacers -4.5

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Wed May 14, 2014 1:22 am

Just when it looked like Indiana might be back on track, they go and throw in a performance this bad. There's only a couple of minutes left and they're down by 29 at home but the stat that is most telling to me is the rebound count. It currently stands at 61-21 in favour of Washington. That to me suggests a total lack of effort and whilst I'm sure they'll put this one quickly behind them I'd avoid any game involving the Pacers

jpdench3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby jpdench3 » Wed May 14, 2014 3:10 am

Just when it looked like Indiana might be back on track, they go and throw in a performance this bad. There's only a couple of minutes left and they're down by 29 at home but the stat that is most telling to me is the rebound count. It currently stands at 61-21 in favour of Washington. That to me suggests a total lack of effort and whilst I'm sure they'll put this one quickly behind them I'd avoid any game involving the Pacers
Yep this is why i said last round, i just can't take them seriously and can't be bothered picking their games.

jpdench3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby jpdench3 » Wed May 14, 2014 7:29 am

errrrrrrrrr.. the way that clippers game ended, mmmmmmm

Clippers looked vulnerable then were thrown under the bus by a myriad of questionable call, no actually seveal poor calls in a row.

Westbrook fouls chris paul to steal the ball, refs allow it.

Thunder player goes up for a shot to tie it, should've been a foul on the clippers, no call (perhaps a makeup call for the no call on westbrook the player before? two wrongs dont make a right)... then the ball goes out of bounds off that play, it's reviewed and clearly goes off the thunder player yet they get the ball back.

On the ensuing play westbrook misses a three badly and chris paul is called for a shooting foul for hardly a touch (perhaps there is legitimacy in this call because there was a touch but there could be fouls on every other 3 if that was a foul.)

Clippers 101 Thunder 88 with 3:30 left

Clippers 104 Thunder 105 Final.

Looks like a damn impressive comeback but that was just not on by the officials. New game, same story in the NBA isn't it. Usually a misjudgement is left down to human error but I can only feel for the clippers after that. sequence.

Clippers came back fair and square in game 4; Thunder rallied late today but were gifted a massive win. Dubious.

Only a Laker/Thunder fan would've enjoyed that. Not even a future bet on the thunder leaves me happy with that fiasco.

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Wed May 14, 2014 7:46 am

Terrible officiating. Premier League refs have some competition for worst in professional sports.

But regardless of the calls if you're up by 13 with less than 5 to go in a crucial playoff game then you have to shut it down. It's over and there's nothing the Clips can do now except forget about it and move on. Being 3-2 down they've got to come out strong in Game 6 or it could turn into a rout

jpdench3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby jpdench3 » Fri May 16, 2014 12:25 pm

Guess it was inevitable.

Clippers' playoff agony continues...

go thunder though!

botev1921
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby botev1921 » Fri May 16, 2014 1:26 pm

Doc has a ton of work to do over the summer in terms of getting defenders as J-Cross is just pathetic and not worth it. We need a real defensive stopped on the wing - 2 or 3!

jpdench3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby jpdench3 » Fri May 16, 2014 10:17 pm

It's tough to really critique the clippers given the scanadal and the deplorable refferring in that game 5, but there is work left to do, particularly defensively, as mentioned. Letting the season slip up 13 with 3:30 to go is not a fond memory. Again though it was out of their hands in that last minute. They have that go to player in the tight sitautions in their MVP quality Point guard, even other players making a case for that position. An improvement from last season at least. they're just going to have to hope players dont jump ship now...

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Sun May 18, 2014 3:29 pm

It might have take more hard work than people thought but the Top 2 seeds from each conference have made it through to the Conference Finals.

For Miami it's a 4th straight trip and 2nd straight against Indiana. They've won their last 4 Conference Finals and the last 2 went to a game 7.
This is Indiana's 2nd straight Conference Finals appearance and since returning to the playoffs in 2011 after a 4 year gap their playoff record reads

2011 - 1st Round
2012 - Conference Semi-Finals
2013 - Conference Finals
2014 - ?????

Anyone think they have a chance to complete that forward trend and knock off Miami? In 2012 & 2013, they were eliminated by the Heat and in the 2014 postseason, Miami have scored more points, have a better point differential, better FG %, better 3pt % and less turnovers. They've also played 9 games to Indiana's 13.

Over in the West, San Antonio have made the playoffs for 17 straight seasons and this is their 4th Conference Finals trip in 8 seasons. Back in 2012 they lost at this stage to Oklahoma.
For Oklahoma, this is their 3rd Conference Finals trip in 4 seasons losing in 2011 and winning in 2012.
Similar to the Miami-Indiana matchup, in the 2014 postseason, San Antonio have scored more points, given up less points, better FG %, better 3pt % and less turnovers than Oklahoma.

Conference Finals bets
Despite Miami and San Antonio clearly outperforming their opponents this postseason, this is the Conference Finals and in the regular season just 2 wins separated Miami & Indiana and 3 games separated San Antonio & Oklahoma City. As such, I'm predicting 2 close matchups

Eastern Conference to go 6 games @ 2/1
Eastern Conference to go 7 games @ 11/4
Western Conference to go 6 games @ 2/1
Western Conference to go 7 games @ 2/1

jpdench3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby jpdench3 » Mon May 26, 2014 12:41 am

well with ibaka's miraculous recovery i think at least 6 games looks plausible again.

OKC -2.5 tonight for me.

jpdench3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby jpdench3 » Wed May 28, 2014 12:47 pm

bingo, 2-2 series in the west. I think San Antonio is in serious jeopardy of losing 4 in a row like they did two years ago, in precisely the same situation.

Also like the last series they played the pacers won game 1 but have lost the next 3 to miami; i want to back the pacers for game 5 but is the belief still there for them?? They say so but i'm not so sure.

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Thu May 29, 2014 7:37 am

bingo, 2-2 series in the west. I think San Antonio is in serious jeopardy of losing 4 in a row like they did two years ago, in precisely the same situation.

Also like the last series they played the pacers won game 1 but have lost the next 3 to miami; i want to back the pacers for game 5 but is the belief still there for them?? They say so but i'm not so sure.
hope you did back the Pacers last night. Not so sure they can play like that in a Game 6 on Miami though.

I'd find it hard not to back Oklahoma with Ibaka in the team. Thunder +4 looks like the play for me. As you say, the Spurs have seen this before and that has to play on their mind a little