Super Bowl Novelty Bets

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Super Bowl Novelty Bets

Postby LustForLeith » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:25 pm

Super Bowl time!

And with it comes a host of crazy novelty bets!

This year it’s Justin Timberlake performing the half time show.

Will he perform with former band NSync? Will he perform with Janet Jackson all those years after inventing the wardrobe malfunction? Will he wear a hat?!

There’s plenty of specials on offer and some are trickier than others. Let’s go for first song Justin Timberlake will play during the half time show.

Initially ‘Can’t Stop The Feeling’ was favourite but I’m unsure. I think that’s a cracking song to end his set in with everyone singing along to one of the eBay feel good songs in years.

He’s got a fine selection of tunes but I’m going for one of his newer ones to kick off the show. Filthy has come down in price on some sites but on Betway you can get 7/1.

Filthy first song during Justin Timberlakes half time show 7/1

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Super Bowl Novelty Bets

Postby LustForLeith » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:36 pm

Here’s another market that catches my eye

Number of cover versions Justin Timberlake will play.

Super bowl half time shows aren’t renowned for artists playing covers. They could get guests artists in but it’s unlikely they’ll play covers.

However the game is being played in Minneapolis the home of the late, great Prince.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a Prince song added to the set list but I don’t think there will be an ambundance Of covers.

Under 1.5 songs to be cover versions 8/13 Paddy Power

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:15 pm

Right!

This could be interesting!

I’ll get to the good one later but let’s start with everybody’s least favourite Twitter user Donald Trump.

You can bet on how many tweets he’ll send during the Super Bowl. He hates the NFL and there’s an argument that the NFL don’t really like him but I’m sure I read statistically he doesn’t tweet a lot at night m. Last year he tweeted just once during the super bowl.

Under 2,5 Tweets from Donald Trump 5/6

Pink is singing the national anthem this year and you can bet on how long it will last. It should count from the moment they start singing to the moment they stop.

Pink is a massive Eagles fan. The average length of the last twelve national anthems sung is 1 minute and 58 seconds.

Of the last four, three of them have been timed at 2minutes 4, 2 minutes 9 and 2minutes 4 with a 1 minute 58 off the quartet.

It’s hard to identify trends. One thing of interest is Christina Aguilera, Pinks rival, got to 1 minute 54 and I wouldn’t be surprised if Pink wanted to surpass that.

I think she’ll end up under 2 minutes 4.5 seconds at 5/6.

Right!

MVP time.

I’m no expert but apparently it’s decided for the whole season.

And if that’s the case there’s a leaked picture doing the round on twitter which shows it might be going to Patriots legend Tom Brady as his speech has been typed!

You can bet on who the first person the eeciptant will thank. And if t is Brady and that is his speech then...

It’s a bit hard to tell as someone’s hand is covering it!

But it looks as if he’s thanking the owner then the coach first. The rest is covered but I’d imagine he’s then go on to thank his ram mates.

It’s not a very. It might even be a hoax. But if that’s Brady’s speech then I like tr look of him thanking the owner first at 4/1 on Betway.

C’mon!

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:09 pm

There is a very strong rumour that there will be a Prince hologram involved so there will be at least a minimum of one cover version played.

Betway have suspended odds on "Filthy" being the first song that Justin will perform.

https://twitter.com/Betway/status/959367423827894272

It is still available albeit at 4/5 over at Betfair/Paddy Power and 'evens' at Ladbrokes.

Interestingly SkyBet have odds as to what songs Justin Timberlake will perform with the caveat...

Settled on the songs displayed on television graphics during the half time show.
Others on request.

Can't Stop The Feeling! 1/66
Cry Me A River 1/50
SexyBack 1/50
Filthy 1/33
Say Something 1/25
Mirrors 1/10
My Love 5/6
LoveStoned/I Think She Knows 2/1
Like I Love You 5/2
Rock Your Body 7/2
Suit & Tie 5/1
Senorita 6/1
TKO 7/1
Pusher Love Girl 8/1
Tunnel Vision 9/1
4 Minutes 10/1
True Colors 10/1
What Goes Around 10/1
Take Back The Night 12/1
I'm Lovin It 16/1

I like the look of "Rock Your Nody" at a huge 7/2 teasing the audience that Janet Jackson will come out but then she won't.

TMZ are parasites...+100 in American odds is 'even' money!

http://m.tmz.com/#2018/02/03/super-bowl ... -jt-beard/

I don't think El Tangerino actually tweeted during last year's Super Bowl as he famously was reported to have left his own viewing party at Mar-a-Lago when the Patriots were losing 28-3 only to emerge from the woodwork after the miraculous win to congratulate New England on winning.

Where is Donald Trump on Sunday night!? At Mar-a-Lago, of (golf) course!

EDIT: Pink has the flu, was sporting blonde hair at the rehearsals. Over/under two minutes? No idea but these things are usually timed to perfection for TV ad breaks, planes flying overhead and what not.

Always a scandal as to what the actual length of time is with most bookies paying out as to when the singer stops singing the word 'brave' and finishes the note.

https://twitter.com/JeffSkversky/status ... 7370683394

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:26 pm

Pink has flu.

https://twitter.com/Pink/status/959686518599139331

Wouldn't trust Bovada (used to be called Bodog, used to take British accounts) as far as I could throw 'em but apparently people are betting under 2 minutes on Pink singing the anthem with them.

https://twitter.com/thePatMorrow/status/960001496455753729
https://twitter.com/OddsShark/status/960177331942887425

I think it'll be over 2 minutes based merely on a hunch and not backed with any inside information or certainty unfortunately.

EDIT: Someone on Twitter is claiming they know someone was at a rehearsal with a stopwatch and that they timed it at 112 seconds.

https://twitter.com/RyanHodge/status/960205070624313344

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:54 pm

Pink has had three goes at it and none of them have gone over 1m55s!?

https://twitter.com/EricSals/status/959993173010362368

If you bet on 'over 2 minutes' then these rumours will worry you.

EDIT: Apparently there will be no Prince hologram says person who said there would be one previously.

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/960215467582459904

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:25 pm

Pink sang that just under 1m55s by my reckoning.

The rumours were right!

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:36 am

Didn't expect to see the Eagles lead 22-12 after the first half to be honest. :shock:

The Patriots have been here before but I do hope the Eagles continue to spoil the Patriots's day and Donald Trump's mood. Speaking of which...

Number of tweets by the orange kleptomaniac in chief so far!? Zero. He'll probably bail on his own Super Bowl viewing party at Mar-a-Lago yet again in a huff.

Justin's set list...

"Filthy" (first song and correctly bet into heavy odds on. Also, not wearing a hat and was holding a mic not on a mic stand)
"Rock Your Body" (no Janet Jackson appearance though)
"Senorita"
"SexyBack"
"My Love"
"Cry Me A River"
"Suit & Tie" (no Jay Z appearance)
"Until the End of Time" (no Beyonce appearance)
"I Would Die 4 U" (the Prince hologram rumour was true-ish...more like an image projected on a huge shower curtain)
"Mirrors"
"Can't Stop The Feeling!" (last song)

No "Say Something" and no invited guests indeed with Justin true to his word with Sheila E lying about the Prince hologram...weird that another black woman gets the brunt of another Justin Timberlake Super Bowl appearance.

SkyBet went 6/1 on "Senorita" and 5/1 on "Suit & Tie"!? WOW!! Only one cover song performed though.

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:38 am

WHAT A GAME!! Eagles hold on to win 41-33 crushing the over/under that was a general 48.5 points. The Gatorade thrown over Doug Pederson was yellow. The MVP was Nick Foles and he thanked...I'm not sure to be honest. Was it God!?

Zero tweets by Donald Trump doing the game.

Aftereventing stats that are popping up on Twitter right now as to why the Philadelphia Eagles was the right play...

* The regular season MVP has never won the Super Bowl in the same season since Kurt Warner in 1999.
* The passing yards leader has never won the Super Bowl in the same season.
* Bill Belichick has never won a Super Bowl in the same year that Nick Saban has won a college title,

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:25 am

Filthy first song 7/1 :win:

Under 2.5 Donald Trump tweets 5/6 :win:

Under 1.5 covers during Justin Timberlakes wrt 8/13 :win:

National Anthem under 2 minutes 4.5 seconds 5/6 (waiting to be settled but seems to be the case) :win:

The MVP speach was a calculated risk that never came off but I’ll take the rest!

And apparently there was a football game taking place too!!!

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:10 am

Filthy first song 7/1 :win:

Under 2.5 Donald Trump tweets 5/6 :win:

Under 1.5 covers during Justin Timberlakes wrt 8/13 :win:

National Anthem under 2 minutes 4.5 seconds 5/6 (waiting to be settled but seems to be the case) :win:

The MVP speach was a calculated risk that never came off but I’ll take the rest!

And apparently there was a football game taking place too!!!
National Anthem bet settled :win: