The X Factor 2017

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

The X Factor 2017

Postby LustForLeith » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:13 pm

What's everybody's thoughts on this years series?

I like Grace a lot and she's an early favourite but she only sings her own original songs. Cracking as they may be, they're still her own songs!

I noticed New Girl Band were quoted at 25/1. They light not be that popular as one of grit members dumped her former band to be with them but I'm sure I read in The Sun they were put together for a reason.

Going to watch tonight's episode but at this point Nicole has a fight in her hands...

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Re: The X Factor 2017

Postby DannyCraig » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:59 pm

You know I'm usually quite opinionated when it comes to X factor but haven't really taken a solid position this year.

I kicked myself for not taking the 9/2 after the first show on her - but I'm even more disappointed that the cutkelvins don't seem to be favoured (all the hallmarks of a potentially successful group).

With a reduced number of live shows and eliminations on both Saturday & Sunday nights, as a betting spectacle I'll be taking a backseat as far too unpredictable.

That being said, perhaps I should just back Grace and get it done with. They're clearly pushing new material / songwriters as look how many performed their own songs in first auditions this year compared to years gone by.

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:49 pm

You know I'm usually quite opinionated when it comes to X factor but haven't really taken a solid position this year.

I kicked myself for not taking the 9/2 after the first show on her - but I'm even more disappointed that the cutkelvins don't seem to be favoured (all the hallmarks of a potentially successful group).

With a reduced number of live shows and eliminations on both Saturday & Sunday nights, as a betting spectacle I'll be taking a backseat as far too unpredictable.

That being said, perhaps I should just back Grace and get it done with. They're clearly pushing new material / songwriters as look how many performed their own songs in first auditions this year compared to years gone by.
Are they changing the format or are there still going to be themes i.e. disco week, Louis week etc.

If so surely the original singers are going to struggle although I think Grace is a worthy favourite.

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:07 pm

Worth noting in that there's a slight change as to how things will work this year...

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-x-fact ... ay-sunday/

I generally don't care about "TXF" now as I've mostly given up on it.

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:47 pm

Still not watching it so am not really covering it this year as I generally don't care but Grace Davies won a public vote ahead of Rak-Su (!?) to win a prize.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-x-fact ... reet-pink/

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:28 am

Rak-Su wins?

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-x-fact ... ce-davies/

Am honestly kind of surprised by that as it's not in Simon Cowell's MO to go for a non-white male let alone four of them but after banging his head against a brick wall trying to get someone built in his image to win, he probably had to face facts that the brand of pap music he was peddling wasn't going to cut it any more in this pop culture climate and that he realised that there is a whole heap of non-white acts dominating the pop scene right now and he wanted his own act to muscle in onto the scene right now...whatever became of Matt Terry!?

I have no faith in Syco to help Rak-Su long term, like many of the winners, despite the apparent popularity of their original material even if Little Mix is somehow thriving through a mixture of Stockholm syndrome and being the only game in town...what happened to girl bands in the UK!?

Didn't pay attention most of the time, only glanced at the odds occasionally, wasn't too bothered to post about it but the tide seemed to turn early on against the initial favourite Grace Davies and the support never stopped.

Best of luck, lads...you will do well to last as long as JLS.