Players to Watch in 2018

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Players to Watch in 2018

Postby undertherobe » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:03 pm

The tennis season is now in full swing and we're already down to the QF stage of the opening tournaments of the year. In my preview blog, I noted that Stefanos Tsitsipas was one player to watch an after qualifying in Doha, he has duly reached the QF, defeating 5th seed Gasquet this evening.

Which other players should we be keeping an eye on this year?

tadley
Group 2 Class
Tips

Re: Players to Watch in 2018

Postby tadley » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:40 pm

I agree about Tsitsipas definitely worth keeping an eye on. A couple of promising Canadians are also worth keeping an eye on. 2016 US Open Boys' Singles winner Felix Auger-Aliassime is just 17 but is making rapid progress. He stepped up from the Future events to Challengers and has won two events. I can see him notching up a few clay tournament wins at a decent price.
Denis Shapovalov is still only 18 but has made great strides in a short space of time. He is probably the most exciting prospect in the game and I expect him to go deep into Majors this year and continue his rise up the rankings.

rustie
Group 1 Class
Tips

Re: Players to Watch in 2018

Postby rustie » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:03 pm

We going to be posting weekly threads this year UTR?

Cameron Norrie (22) has been on a pretty consistent rise throughout his career so I think he should crack the 100 (114 at the moment) but might struggle on the main tour.

Reilly Opelka (20) showed enough last year to suggest he'll rise to take the baton from John Isner soon.

I'm sure we'll see a lot more of Caspar Ruud (19) as well.

More established players I expect to do well:

Pouille - Was under pressure to defend points last year but can see him breaking the top 10.
Kyrgios - Will make a slam final
Dzumhur - Beautiful game and I think he'll toughen up mentally which should see him be a consistently win matches on tour.

Wild Card Prediction - Fognini to make the SF of a slam and possibly the final of a 1000. Not so much to do with him but with so many players in trouble physically, it opens the door for the talented nutcases on tour.