Post Your Advice To Help Other Tennis Tipsters

thepassingshot
Handicapper
Tips

Postby thepassingshot » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:04 pm

You can do well on the OLBG tennis tipping table even if you don't know much about tennis but that success will be short-lived.

In reality, a successful tennis tipster really has to know a lot more about the players and their private lives as well.

For instance, if a player hasn't done well for some time but he is going through some personal battle like illness or cancer, there are chances he will suddenly rebound and make some huge upsets.

You have to be really aware of what's happening in the tennis world.

With me, all the luck has come because of attending tennis matches and working really hard at my previous job as a tennis reporter.

For instance, I knew Victor Estrella-Burgos could win a tournament recently despite being the underdog because I had thoroughly researched a New York Times editorial on him before.

And I knew Vesely could beat Djokovic at Monte-Carlo because I had made it a point to attend India's Davis Cup clash against Czech Republic earlier last year.

I saw how Vesely was struggling then and how he suddenly had something right going for him at the beginning of this year. It showed me that he had the propensity to fight and cause an upset.

And to conclude, I can do very badly at tennis tipping despite claiming to be a fan of this sport. It is only recently that I collected some winnings. To be fair, tennis tipping is quite tough.

Good luck everyone!

gymhunk
2yo
Tips

Postby gymhunk » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:12 pm

Tennis is my most succesful betting using my Betfair account.
I simply go to matchstat.com and study the head to head form and how the head to head form had turned out .
then I look for the head to head form on the surface that they are meeting on .
I do not even look at a players recent form only head to heads and this strategy has served me well.

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:07 pm

Thanks gymhunk and Passingshot.

So deep study of the Tennis World passingshot and interesting that tennis is working so well for you gymhunk.

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:48 am

Don't forget that there is also a weekly thread on the tennis forum to discuss that week's tournaments and there's also an ongoing thread for the Challenger events and below if that's your speciality.

Betfairalfie
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Betfairalfie » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:04 pm

I am still a tennis newbie and was wondering if the more experienced OLBGers could advise.

Where can we get more details of injuries?

Also, do you have a similar successful strategy that works on both mens and womens tennis? In my early view, there seem far less breaks of service in the mens game and far too many in the ladies. The mens game seems more about taking a view, punting. Whereas is an even ladies match you could just play the swings in odds.

Also, how do you get an indoor clay surface? I assume its brought in and placed on top of the venues concrete floor, but would love a more detailed explanation.

Finally, new balls please? Are they are advantage to a fast server?

As for the earlier poster who is a courtside tennis reporter, I assume your minted having a security pass that allows you to sit on your laptop watching live action. Living the dream !

Be Lucky :)

Jack Bauer
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby Jack Bauer » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:55 pm

Nors, what is a forum award and how can it be used?

Jack Bauer
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby Jack Bauer » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:45 pm

Well of course new balls will aid the server to an extent if he finds his spots, the returner will have a few more Kmh on his return if he manages to get hold of it. In my view you can see from the early games in a wta match if serving is of any advantage and 90% of the time it has no advantage in the wta.

I usually look at h2h stats just out of interest but very rarely use this information to produce a possible bet in a one sided h2h. I mean how often are these h2h stats significant to a match played in the present, not really significant at all. You would have to delve deeper and look at lots of things, such as rankings at the time, was this player coming off injuries, an unfavourable surface. All these things just make things complicated and all this info is available for all to see. One player may hold a 4-1 h2h but the player with one win could be a huge improver and may win the next 8. Just a few of my thoughts on the h2h stats but we all have our own ways.

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:31 am

Jack: A forum award is given to those members who create quality posts that lead to great discussion.

http://www.olbg.com/forum/topic5_58822.html

It was instigated to raise the quality of discussion on OLBG.

This cash award is paid into the individuals OLBG Real Money Account and can be withdrawn via Paypal or Skrill.

It is open to all members, just make great forum posts and you will be rewarded with cash.

As an example look at member Leicester Bigot
http://www.olbg.com/tipster/about.php?id=392300

damir10
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby damir10 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:06 pm

Only a few bits of advice from Tennis tipsters. So have awarded all those who contributed free forum cash awards.

damir10 £10
Bobsselections £5
undertherobe £5
jackbauer £5

Thanks to the above.

There are still OLBG cash awards on offer to those who contribute helpful tennis betting advice to this thread.
I have just read this message. Thank you for Forum Awards.

Football DZR
Group 1 Class
Tips

Tennis betting ODDS

Postby Football DZR » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:49 pm

There are no right or wrong ways to go about being successful at tennis betting, and no things you must or must not do

The most important thing i think is to realize where tennis betting differs and is similar to other sports betting.

The odds

Tennis a two sided competition with only 2 result outcomes and therefore has much lower odds than many other sports. If you begin betting on tennis before other sports you will develop an appreciation of an odds balance specific to tennis, but however if have started form other sports then it really is necessary to take a fresh look about how you perceive the odds.

(for example in horse racing long odds of @20 @30 are long odd and a favorite could commonly be @3 or @4, to a tennis bettor you would need to become used to and comfortable betting favorites of @1.1 and consider underdogs of @3 or @4 very big outsiders)

Now this is neither wholly "better" or "worse" for betting but it is very different which does often need adaptation for other sports betting.

Betfairalfie
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Betfairalfie » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:08 pm

I have only just learnt that we have tennis playing twins on the WTA/ITF circuit Kristýna Plíšková and Karolína Plíšková

Silly that they both have the same initial, watch your bets and avoid confusion.

TimBing
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby TimBing » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:20 pm

I have only just learnt that we have tennis playing twins on the WTA/ITF circuit Kristýna Plíšková and Karolína Plíšková

Silly that they both have the same initial, watch your bets and avoid confusion.
I blame the parents!!!

Karolína is currently ranked 17 in the world, and will probably have entries to bigger tournaments than her sister Kristýna, who is ranked outside the top 100.
I have always seen Kristýna as more of a doubles player.

Hmm - if they are twins, I wonder how the Umpire tells them apart when they play doubles together :?
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;