Golf - Player of the Week (Week 37 - W/B 18th September)

STEVEOCN
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Golf - Player of the Week (Week 37 - W/B 18th September)

Postby STEVEOCN » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:22 pm

To all members, readers and posters welcome to the 'Player Of The Week' golf thread.

Welcome to the 2017 Player of the Week thread, we are now into Week 37 of the competition! Week 36 seen Denden start us off with a place at the Evian Championship and then attitude adjuster, themightyduck, dwainec and STEVEOCN all bagged place finishes in the BMW Championship! Five places in total, well done!

Who will be the player/tipster of the week this week?

Tournaments taking place -

1. Portugal Masters – European Tour
2. The Tour Championship – PGA Tour
3. Kazakhstan Open – Challenge Tour
4. DAP Championship – Web.com Tour
5. Open de España Femenino – Ladies European Tour
6. Asia Pacific Diamond Cup – Japan Golf Tour / Asian Tour
7. Vodacom Origins - St Francis – Sunshine Tour
8. Pure Insurance Championship – Champions Tour (Friday Start)

Readers want to see your reasoning and discussion as to why they should back a particular player in the above events so please make any posts interesting and informative. Discussion is welcomed and encouraged, the more points and approaches we have in this thread can only help as we decide on our selections ahead of round one. We understand your selection may not be for a betting purpose like others but more for an OLBG selection or simply for your Fantasy Golf team so all input and opinions can only help this thread grow.

It would be great if in time we developed into a group of golf tipsters and experts each adding their ONE 'Player of the Week' accompanied by 100-125 words. Max 1 event - 1 entry only.

PLEASE NOTE - Picking the same golfer as a fellow tipster is allowed but we encourage unique picks from everyone so there is more information in our thread for all to read.
Important: All POTW comments must be original and not lifted from any source. Of course POTW players need to do research but the comments must be in your original words.

Template below, enjoy this week's golf!

Week Commencing 18th September 2017 -

Template:

Player:

Tournament:

Reasons For Support:

PLEASE NOTE - Picking the same golfer as a fellow tipster is allowed but we encourage unique picks from everyone so there is more information in our thread for all to read.
Important: All POTW comments must be original and not lifted from any source. Of course POTW players need to do research but the comments must be in your original words.
2017 Golf Showdown Winner
Follow Me On Twitter - @SOC300

STEVEOCN
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Golf - Player of the Week (Week 37 - W/B 18th September)

Postby STEVEOCN » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:30 pm

Player: Jordan Spieth

Tournament: The Tour Championship

Reasons For Support:

2nd at the Northern Trust in New York to open the FedEx Cup Play-Off Series, Spieth was again 2nd at the Dell Technologies Championship at TPC Boston. Those back to back runner up finishes along with three PGA Tour titles this year at the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am, Travelers Championship and Open Championship have Spieth heading to East Lake as the number 1 ranked player in the FedEx Cup Standings with just one week to go. Jordan closed with a final round of 65 at Conway Farms to finish tied 7th last week at the BMW Championship and I strongly feel the American is the man to beat this week at East Lake. Jordan Spieth won the 2015 Tour Championship and his game looks ready to end the season on a high in Atlanta by claiming both the Tour Championship title and the FedEx Cup crown. 6/1 Betfred the best of the early prices.
Last edited by STEVEOCN on Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dgcrawfs
2yo
Tips

Postby dgcrawfs » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:45 am

I could make a case for all 5 players in pole position to win the Tour Championship this weekend i have already advised Justin Thomas ( PGA Championship ) and Rafael Cabrera Bello ( Scottish Open ) as well as Bernhard Langer ( Seniors British Open ) to members of my Sports Service this year and i honestly believe that Jordan Speith is the man to come out on top this week with Justin Thomas a close runner up.

The rabbit
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The rabbit » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:51 pm

Player: Hideki Matsuyama

Tournament: The Tour Championship

Reasons For Support:

Hideki Matsuyama 22/1 has already won four times on the PGA tour this season and I think that he is capable of winning again this week. He often performs his best at the important tournaments and he has won two World Golf Championships this season and was jt 11th at the Masters this year and later came jt 2nd at the U.S Open and was jt 5th in the PGA Championship which was the final Major of 2017. This event is quite a prestigious one as it is the final of the FedEx Cup Playoffs. He was only jt 47th last week at the BMW Championship where the winning score was - 23 but he can struggle sometimes with his putting and this week's course is a harder one which should suit him more and he showed that he can perform well on it in 2016 when he came 5th.

OlbgDeleted420341
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby OlbgDeleted420341 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:40 pm

Player: Callum Shinkwin

Tournament: Portugal Masters

Reasons For Support:

Looking at the Roll of Honour in the Portugal Masters there has been plenty of English winners down the years with Steve Webster, Lee Westwood, Tom Lewis, David Lynn and Andy Sullivan all claiming the title. Shinkwin was 17th last year in his first Portugal Masters in 2016 and so far this year he has played some good golf with his best result being 2nd in Scotland where he lost to Cabrera Bello. 9th in the D&D Real Czech Masters a few weeks ago, Portugal is an event that should suit Callum and he is my main bet for this week. Good luck.

attitude adjuster
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby attitude adjuster » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:20 pm

Player: Justin Rose

Tournament:The Tour Championship

Reasons For Support:Justin has really hit top form in the play offs with two top tens in the first two tournaments and that was followed by a tie for second last week.He was solid all four rounds last week and did look for a while on Sunday that he might well win.It was not to be but he can not be ignored either this week given the golf he played last weekend.He now lies in 8th in the standings after climbing 9 places ,he is back in the final tornament after missing last season but did finish runner up in this in 2015 and also top 5 in this in 2014.He should go very close again.

dwainec
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby dwainec » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:26 am

Player: Dean Burmester

Reasons For Support:

Dean Burmester won earlier this year at the Tshwane Open for his first win on the European Tour and his seventh on the Sunshine Tour in his homeland of South Africa. The Portugal Masters is normally a low scoring event and Burmester had carded rounds of 68-68-65-65 when winning the Tshwane Open. 14th in the Czech Masters then 30th in the Omega European Masters, Burmester's recent form is very good and he should like the Vilamoura course much like many of his fellow countrymen have in previous Portugal Masters. I really like Dean Burmester's chances this week and he can go well at a nice price of 75/1 with bet365.

themightyduck
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby themightyduck » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:36 pm

Player: Jason Day

Tournament: Tour Championship

Reason for support: Ranked 6th in the world and arrives here in 15th spot in the fed ex. His form at the end of this season has got him here with three top tens in his last four played and he's also got three top 10's here at East Lake his last in 2015 having withdrawn with an injury after round 1 last year. He shot an opening round 67 only bettered by three in the field so this is a course he likes. He's got some great top ten stats most importantly 6th in Birdies and 2nd in eagles and with an average drive well over 300 this long course will suit as he's already shown here. I think has a great chance of winning this year.

whippetman
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby whippetman » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:46 pm

Player Bernhard Langer

Event Pure Insurance Championship

Reason This would rank as one of the hottest fields to contest a senior tour event of the year but it's still hard to look past favourite and the current world number 1 on the senior tour Bernhard Langer, his record this year as been outstanding with 4 wins and 13 other top ten finishers in the 17 tournaments he's played in, he finished second in this event last year one stroke behind winner Paul Broadhurst and with Broadhurst not playing this year he could well go one better

denden
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby denden » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:53 pm

Player : Nicolai Von Dellingshausen

Event : Kazakhstan Open

Reason for Support : Nicolai has made a good start to the challenge tour finishing T71, T11, 2nd and T10 last week in his four starts he turned professional in December. He also played on the European tour in June when Andres Romero won the BMW International open finishing T26 some ten shots behind which is good form. He almost won the Bridgestone Challenge 2 weeks ago but was denied by Oscar Lenden close home in the Stapleford format. He has said he likes the course and is hungry for a win, he looks a very good player who could go far. gl all.

STEVEOCN
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby STEVEOCN » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:45 pm

DEADLINES -

A couple of the main events below, early start Thursday morning in Kazakhstan!

Challenge Tour - Kazakhstan Open (Places 1-5)
START: THURSDAY 02:30

Ladies European Tour - Open de España Femenino (Places 1-5)
START: THURSDAY 07:30

European Tour - Portugal Masters (Places 1-6)
START: THURSDAY 07:40

Web.com Tour - DAP Championship (Places 1-5)
START: THURSDAY 12:30

PGA Tour - TOUR Championship (Places 1-5)
START: THURSDAY 16:40

Champions Tour - Pure Insurance Championship (Places 1-5)
START: FRIDAY TBC

Good Luck!

steenie1
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby steenie1 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:22 am

Player: Eddie Pepperell

Reasons For Support: I have no idea how I came across Eddie Pepperell's blog, but when it comes to going down the rabbit hole of the mind and confronting the demons, I don't think I've read a better or more entertaining one. I found it a couple of weeks ago after he finished T5 in the Czech Masters. Ditching his long time caddie seems to have jolted him to another place---one where he feels more motivated and can afford to upgrade his breakfast options while on tour. (Personally I wouldn't care to breakfast with a bloke who scoffs toast and Marmite topped with fried eggs, but each to her own.) Anyway, I so liked what Eddie was writing, after I'd chosen the dreadful Joost Luiten, I also had a little ew flutter on him at 40/1 last week in the KLM Open. He finished T3. Hopefully he can do even better this week. He's currently 28/1 with sky