Why has my bank changed?
Your virtual bank is reset to 1000 at the start of every month. It is also increased by 100 every day so you will always have some funds to play with. Also obviously your bank will change when you make tips, and when they are settled if you have some winnings.
Ive found an error in the competition?
Please tell us immediately. Please do not make any bets that exploit any errors in the competition as we reserve the right to mark them as losers irrespective of the result or even disqualify you from the competition
How does the the competition work?
At the start of the month you are given a bank of virtual money to make virtual bets ("tips") with. You objective is to make the most profit during the month. Which events form part of the competition and the timing of their availability is at the discretion of OLBG.
Typically we will aim to include:
1. UK horse racing meetings
2. Premiership, Championship, Spanish, Scottish Prem, and Italian football matches
3. Selected Champions League, UEFA Cup, FA Cup, Carling Cup and International football matches.
4. Most major Tennis and Golf tournaments.
5. Selected other events for Rugby, Cricket, Formula 1, NFL & more.
At the beginning of every month your bank will be reset to 1000 so as to give all players roughly equal opportunity for the forthcoming month (subject to open bets carried over). Every day you will be credited with an additional 100. All bets must be between 50 and 500.
At the end of the month, any open bets up to a limit of 1000 (shown as your "Antepost Tips Value" on "My Status") will be carried over "for free" such that you can have both 1000 and a certain amount of open bets at the beginning of a month.
Profits/Losses from these open bets will impact on the month in which they are settled.
Qualifying for Individual Prizes?
1. Prizes are only awarded to Active Tipsters = someone who have placed at least 5 tips in the month.
PLEASE NOTE THE INDIVIDUAL CRITERIA FOR EACH LEAGUE. THE SIGN > MEANS GREATER THAN. SO >4 MEANS YOU MUST MAKE 5 OR MORE TIPS.
2. Tipsters must be over 18.
3. For profit prizes you must have made a profit in that category to qualify. If you finish in the prize list without making a profit then you do not qualify for a prize.
You can see prizes you are close to winning in the "My Performance" section of the members area.
Qualifying for Team Prizes?
1. Teams can be set up in your tipster area by selecting "My Team" from the members ara menu. Here you can create your own private or public team or join other teams.
2. To Qualify for the team competition your team must have at least 5 active tipsters (see below) in your team by the end of the month.
3. An active tipster within a Team is someone who has been in the team for at least 30 days and made at least 5 tips that month.
4. Team scores are based on the average profit of ALL active team members.
5. Team Prizes are paid to up to the top 10 members (for the first team) or 5 (for the 2nd and 3rd teams)
6. To remain eligiable, team members must remain in their team until after the prizes for that month are allocated (this is typically before 12pm on the 1st of the following month).
I think someone is cheating?
Please report it to us along with any evidence you have. We try very hard to run a fair competition but it is difficult for us to completely stop this.
1. Only one entry per household (except by special agreement with us). In the case of multiple entries only the first active account qualifies for prizes and other tipster logins will be deleted.
2. Any cheating will mean ineligibility for the prize money and potentially cancellation of your account. This includes running multiple accounts, placing tips after the event, inflating odds or any other activity we deem unsportsmanlike. Individual tips may be voided or marked as losers at our discretion irrespective of the result.
3.An account suspended for cheating will fofeit any real money accrued but unclaimed .
4. Determination of what we consider to be cheating is at our sole discretion.
1. Rules are subject to change at our discretion. Updates will be posted on this page.
2. By signing up to the competition you consent to us emailing you on a periodic basis (typically monthly) with news of the site and the tipster competition.
3. By taking part in the competition you agree to the rules and terms above.