NFL 2018 - Week Two Discussion and Tips

Jim Brown
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips
Location: Dallas, Texas. Go Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, FC Dallas, and Burn!

NFL 2018 - Week Two Discussion and Tips

Postby Jim Brown » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:58 pm

Alrighty OLBG members, we're well underway for the season!

Week two is upon us. Who were the surprises from week one that you either expect to keep going or to fall back to type?

Thursday
Baltimore 23 @ Cincinnati 34

Sunday, September 16
12:00 kick-offs
Carolina @ Atlanta
Los Angeles @ Buffalo
Minnesota @ Green Bay
Houston @ Tennessee
Cleveland @ New Orleans
Miami @ New York Jets
Kansas City @ Pittsburgh
Philadelphia @ Tampa Bay
Indianapolis @ Washington

3.05pm kick-offs
Arizona @ Los Angeles
Detroit @ San Francisco

3.25pm kick offs
Oakland @ Denver
New England @ Jacksonville

7.20pm kick-offs
New York Giants @ Dallas

Monday, September 17
Seattle @ Chicago
OLBG Moderator
100% OLBG!
Follow me on Twitter: @ebook_olbg
Read My Blogs on OLBG
Founder of the OLBG NFL Underdog Blog

Jim Brown
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips
Location: Dallas, Texas. Go Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, FC Dallas, and Burn!

Re: NFL 2018 - Week Two Discussion and Tips

Postby Jim Brown » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:00 pm

After the week-one watching brief, the NFL Underdog Blog is back with tips! Three this week, and no doubt I;ll get some slagging on these! lol :P

https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=414112

Best of luck this week guys - what are you all planning to hang your hats on? I'll be having a good look tomorrow morning at players for my Draft Kings fantasy plays.
OLBG Moderator
100% OLBG!
Read My Blogs on OLBG

lazarus76
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips
Location: Not quite the middle of nowhere, but I can see it from here!

Postby lazarus76 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:35 am

I see after the news that Aaron Rodgers is questionable (according to NFL.com he will play) the bookies have pushed the Packers out to around 2.5 underdogs :shock:

I know that the Vikings have a formidable defence but that could look quite big if Rodgers is able to do what he normally does.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

Superbolbg II Champion.

Twitter - https://twitter.com/lazarus76

Jim Brown
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Jim Brown » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:47 pm

I see after the news that Aaron Rodgers is questionable (according to NFL.com he will play) the bookies have pushed the Packers out to around 2.5 underdogs :shock:

I know that the Vikings have a formidable defence but that could look quite big if Rodgers is able to do what he normally does.

I had a close look at them for the Underdog Blog, Loz. Any time the Packers are home 'dogs you have to consider them. There's just too much up-in-the-air about him, though. He was hobbling last week when he cam back on and it was only for a short time - just enough to cast his magic. No way he could have completed a game like that. I suspect they may either start with Kizer and have Rodgers ready to step in, or the other way round. I doubt they'd want to risk Rodgers in a whole game carrying an injury this early in the season.

But this was the very reason why I discounted the Pack in my season preview. He's become injury prone as he gets older (we all do!), and we all know the Pack are nowhere close to the same team without his talent.
OLBG Moderator
100% OLBG!
Read My Blogs on OLBG

dartinggreyhound
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby dartinggreyhound » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:24 pm

Chiefs v Steelers

Good Offence or Bad defense a lot of points scored good game to watch (bear in mind i'm a newbie and learning lol )

lazarus76
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby lazarus76 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:04 pm

Chiefs v Steelers

Good Offence or Bad defense a lot of points scored good game to watch (bear in mind i'm a newbie and learning lol )
Good offence and in games like this when points are flying in all over the place the defences always look worse than they probably are as offences go balls out to keep up with each other.

Great win for the Chiefs though, Mahomes does look special.

Superbolbg II Champion.

Jim Brown
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Jim Brown » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:49 pm

Chiefs v Steelers

Good offence and in games like this when points are flying in all over the place the defences always look worse than they probably are as offences go balls out to keep up with each other.

There's always a case, with hyped-up rookies of waiting for the 'collapse' but Mahomes is starting to look as good as expected. Exciting times for the Chiefs and this was a great win in a place they nearly always struggle at.

Hey Loz, how about dem Cowboys??? :lol: :lol:

I don't know why I'm laughing - I tipped against them! :shock:
OLBG Moderator
100% OLBG!
Read My Blogs on OLBG

lazarus76
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby lazarus76 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:31 pm

Chiefs v Steelers

There's always a case, with hyped-up rookies of waiting for the 'collapse' but Mahomes is starting to look as good as expected. Exciting times for the Chiefs and this was a great win in a place they nearly always struggle at.

Hey Loz, how about dem Cowboys??? :lol: :lol:

I don't know why I'm laughing - I tipped against them! :shock:
Hey Jim

Even a broken clock is right twice a day!!

To be honest I think my loathing of the Cowboys swayed my judgement a bit, I know that the Giants aren't that good and Eli Manning is about as average as a QB can get.

On to the Bears tonight, I do fancy them quite strongly (I know they are your Underdog pick for the SB), I had a few quid on them @100/1 at the start of the season myself.

Seattle are a bit of a mess and Russell Wilson could look more isolated than last week against this promising looking Bears "D".

Superbolbg II Champion.

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:58 pm

New England Patriots trade a 5th round pick for the troubled but extremely gifted Josh Gordon if he sorts his head out that is nothing for a player of his ability.

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:24 am

New England Patriots trade a 5th round pick for the troubled but extremely gifted Josh Gordon if he sorts his head out that is nothing for a player of his ability.
If there's one team that can get Gordon focused then it's the Pats. Wish the Jets had got him but in reality, New York would have been a dreadful place for him to go