Horse Racing Discussion Thread: Monday 10th September - Sunday 16th September

Zipster
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Horse Racing Discussion Thread: Monday 10th September - Sunday 16th September

Postby Zipster » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:37 pm

Good luck for the week ahead, just the small case of Donny this week! Remember all Donny info can be found here > viewtopic.php?f=6&t=67725
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant || A Great Man Once Said 'The first and the best victory is to conquer self' || Follow Me On Twitter

redboy
Stallion
Tips

Re: Horse Racing Discussion Thread: Monday 10th September - Sunday 16th September

Postby redboy » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:50 pm

The plodder that is aptly named Slowfoot has been mentioned on here many times is out tonight in the 8.45 Chelmsford - 100/1 :lol: - lets have it !

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Horse Racing Discussion Thread: Monday 10th September - Sunday 16th September

Postby meoldmate » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:58 pm

Catterick 4.05 could go to an outsider and this is

Zumurud

Has a good draw to hold a position from and Daniel Tudhope has already had a winner this afternoon and could be achieving a good run from this Zebedee sired gelding.
Has not raced over this far but looking at his pedigree, he could easily get it, even though Zebedee his father a five and six furlong horse but his sire Invincible Spirit stayed this far, possibly crying out for a trip, with him staying on when the races is over in six furlong races.

That was too poor to be true, give this one a big miss until improvement comes to the eye.
OLBG Moderator

Zipster
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Zipster » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:49 pm

I am going to have myself a little Yankee on Wednesday!

1.30 Carlisle - Inner Circle (5/1)
Really difficult runner which is evidence by his record of 1 win from 22 starts but he is dropped back in class today and upped to a mile, handicap mark has now slipped down to 72, his sole win to date came on handicap debut at Leicester when winning off 66 and he was narrowly beaten in his next two off 72 & 73, he has also gone close over a mile off 77 when beaten a neck and has been running off marks in the high 70s/low 80s for the last year and a half so off this mark today could be dangerous and he has ran well on soft in the past so heavy could be to his liking.

3.25 Uttoxeter - Sky Pirate (2/1)
Looks incredible close between three in here but it is Sky Pirate who takes my liking on his chasing bow, he done alright over hurdles having won on debut and then also added a Cl3 success to his name, stamina aplenty so no concerns there and will have no worries with the ground and gets 5lbs on his main rival Jacks Last Hope, he is a sound jumper who should take to fences, the only slight concern is I am not exactly a fan of Jonjos chasers first time out.

7.45 Kempton - Astromachia (9/4)
Opened his account when first out to try the marathon 2m trip and could well come on for that win over another marathon trip here, not exactly harshly treated by the handicapper with just a 4lb ride, only been on the all weather once and beat all bar one of them home, the one he didn't beat has since finished runner up in the March Stakes (G3) so no disgrace in that. I do like Amanda Perrett runners over the marathon trip, she operates at a 23% strike rate on the all weather over 2m when her runners are in the first four of the market and Fanning retaining the ride is a bonus.

8.15 Kempton - Morning Skye (4/1)
Hugo always goes well here at Kempton and when throwing Gordon in the saddle the pair operate at a 26% strike rate which improves to 29% for 3yo runners and 67% (2-3) for last time out winners. Morning Skye won at Lingfield when last seen to make it two from two on the all weather having previously won on debut at Newcastle, won off 74 last time out and only a 3lb rise to contend with here. Been outclassed in some Cl3 and Cl4 races of late and doesn't seem to appreciate the turf anyway so in a Cl5 here off just a 3lb rise he is difficult to overlook.
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant || A Great Man Once Said 'The first and the best victory is to conquer self' || Follow Me On Twitter

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:58 am

I follow particular races where
1. The race was run in a fast time
2. Winners subsequently come from that race.

Today So Hi Storm runs in the 2.35 Carlisle.
This horse ran in a Wolverhampton nursery on the 17th August which was quick and has seen Eyelool come out and win a Kempton Nursery and is now rated 79+ and Five Amaroones come second in a seller off 70 and win a novice event off 67.

So high Storm runs today in a handicap off 64.
Trainer Karl Burke runs a lot of horses at Carlisle which may not be a good thing + the ground may not suit.

However the horse has been supported and is 7/2, has a low weight and is drawn well.

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:52 pm

The horse (So Hi Storm) should drop a few lbs for that run (5th), travelled well then faded, note when back on A/W, especially on next run. Should get 6/1 plus after that run.

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:34 pm

From the same race above comes Critical Data who is 66/1 in the 3.35 at Donny, the horse may not like the softer ground, but could be a back to lay, or an in running bet.

With these races i follow you just have to keep following (over a cliff) otherwise you miss out on these types of big prices.

17th Aug 2018 - Wolverhampton 3.15
EBC Group Nursery
Distance 7f
Class 4, 5 ran.

1st Critical Data
2nd Eyelool
3rd So Hi Storm
4th Gunforhire
5th Five Amarones

Arc Jimmy
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby Arc Jimmy » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:56 pm

Hats off to the Irish once again.

Like with the major National Hunt events especially Cheltenham they Hoover up the prize money in the big events hats off to Kew Gardens a lovely win & ride in the St Leger a nice 1 & 3 for A. P. O'Brien, but hold on a minute the seemingly unbeatable Alpha Centurai put in her place by Laurens, totally unsuited by 10f at York to win the Matron Stakes & take a bow Oisin Murphy, to take on 4 of the 7 strong field of A. P. O'Brien runners in the Champion Stakes & win in the manner that Roaring Lion did was one of the rides of the season for me, i feel fortunate to have watched him win the Dante & can still hear the gasp of air the crowd made when putting the race to bed in a matter of seconds, 1 more race, at the Breeders Cup & off to stud , probably.

Albeit the man's a genius, does anyone else think Saxon Warrior is an 8f NOT a 10f horse, sort it out Aidan.

The Curragh & Longchamp tomorrow lots of Group 1's & Arc Trials ( why, it's Enables to lose ) a bit of cut at both venues.

Shrews
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Shrews » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:34 pm

2.00 Curragh - Marie Of Lyon 18/1

Got to love these huge 27 runner fields. First five ew and with this horse trained by former winner of the race Richard Fahey and perhaps best on softer ground which she gets for the first time this season, she can get amongst them with top big race jockey William Buick booked. He has 6 wins and 11 places from 27 runners on Fahey sprinters (22%, 41%)

Arc Jimmy
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby Arc Jimmy » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:54 pm

Hats off to the Irish once again.

Like with the major National Hunt events especially Cheltenham they Hoover up the prize money in the big events hats off to Kew Gardens a lovely win & ride in the St Leger a nice 1 & 3 for A. P. O'Brien, but hold on a minute the seemingly unbeatable Alpha Centurai put in her place by Laurens, totally unsuited by 10f at York to win the Matron Stakes & take a bow Oisin Murphy, to take on 4 of the 7 strong field of A. P. O'Brien runners in the Champion Stakes & win in the manner that Roaring Lion did was one of the rides of the season for me, i feel fortunate to have watched him win the Dante & can still hear the gasp of air the crowd made when putting the race to bed in a matter of seconds, 1 more race, at the Breeders Cup & off to stud , probably.

Albeit the man's a genius, does anyone else think Saxon Warrior is an 8f NOT a 10f horse, sort it out Aidan.

The Curragh & Longchamp tomorrow lots of Group 1's & Arc Trials ( why, it's Enables to lose ) a bit of cut at both venues.

So the day after the Brit's came saw & conquered both Alpha Centurai & Saxon Warrior are retired the latter with tendon issues & the filly with unspecified issues, both will no doubt stand at respective stud farms & their progeny, hmm, we'll see, won't miss the warrior but the filly has been the horse of the year in my opinion.