Football One a Day competition - August (3 prizes)

copycat1
Handicapper
Tips

Re: Football One a Day competition - August (3 prizes)

Postby copycat1 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:09 pm

GAME 12 - SUNDAY 12TH AUGUST
PREMIER LEAGUE
ARSENAL V MAN CITY

1X2: x
HT/FT: xx
Over/Under: OVER
Correct Score: 2-3

both have inexperienced defenders maitland, laporte, mendy in epl. home team have new manager to impress. do city have hunger to win title again. Citizens showed no hangover from last season when they beat Chelsea 2-0 in last weekend's Community Shield. Friendly results have seen them thrash PSG 5-1, beat Lazio 2-0 and draw with Atletico Madrid and Chelsea. Sokratis slots immediately into the back-four. The visitors are also generally excellent starters, having won their opening game in each of the most recent seven seasons

risto123
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby risto123 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:23 pm

GAME 13 - MONDAY 13TH AUGUST
BUNDESLIGA 2
FC COLOGNE V UNION BERLIN
KICK OFF 19:30, LIVE ON BT SPORT

1x2: Cologne
HT/FT: Cologne/Cologne
Over/Under: Over
Correct Score: 2-1

So Köln hosts Union Berlin in the Bundesliga 2 on monday night. Both sides won their first game of the season to nil so i am sure that they both want to continue winning and perhaps get another clean sheet aswell so hopefully we don't see boring game with very few chances where both teams have come out to play for a goalless draw... Köln is back in the Bundesliga 2 after 4 years so i'm sure that they want to get back to the top division as soon as possible. Köln have also won 5 of the 6 h2h games incl all 3 h2h homegames to nil. They have also won most recent 3 h2h games aswell so i am expecting hosts to get another win here on manic monday evening. Köln to win.

GAME 14 - TUESDAY 14TH AUGUST
UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUALIFYING
AEK ATHENS V CELTIC
KICK OFF 19:00

1x2: Celtic
HT/FT: Celtic/Celtic
Correct Score: 1-2

AEK Athens hosts Celtic in the CL 3rd qualifying round second leg on tuesday. As first leg ended 1:1 then Celtic have to win here in order to move into the next round although highscoring draw should also be enough for them i assume. AEK have won 3 and lost 3 of the last 9 CL homegames. With greek domestic league not starting anytime soon i still expect hosts to struggle as they have played just 1 competive game this season while Celtic have already played 7 official games this season and after losing to Hearts i'm sure that they'll do everything to avoid losing second consecutive game. Celtic to win.

GAME 15 - WEDNESDAY 15TH AUGUST
UEFA SUPER CUP
REAL MADRID V ATLETICO MADRID
KICK OFF 20:00, LIVE ON BT SPORT

1x2: Draw
HT/FT: Draw/Draw
Correct Score: 3-3

So on wednesday something magical happens in Tallinn as for the first and last time, Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid have travelled all the way to Estonia to play in the UEFA Super Cup. I assume that neither team is not taking too much risks at the beginning but i still hope to see good, entertaining and hopefully highscoring game in A Le Coq Arena which lasts as long as possible - perhaps even until penalty shootout but let's see. 7 of the last 13 h2h games have been draws but only 1 of them were highscoring draw. Also last 2 h2h games were lowscoring draws so i expect another draw here but hopefully this time it's highscoring draw.

steenie1
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby steenie1 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:56 pm

BUNDESLIGA 2

1X2: DRAW
HT/FT: DRAW/DRAW
Over/Under: UNDER
Correct Score: 1-1

The reasoning: Cologne were playing in the Bundesliga proper last season, but couldn’t hack it and got relegated. Considering that they finished 5th in the Bundesliga in the 2016/2017 season and then to go to plumb bottom in the following season must have been a shock to all concerned. They have started their sojourn in Bundesliga 2 with a 0-2 away win against Bochum, but they’ve hardly been flashing the cash in a quest to get back to Bundesliga 1. The most they’re spent on transfer fees is 4 million euro for Dominick Drexler, a Belgian midfielder from Midtjyland in the Danish top tier. Union Berlin began their season with a 1-0 home win against Aue. They finished 8th in the standings last season with GD stats of 54:46 from 34 games. It’s a sheer guesswork game for predicting, for sure. With nothing being clear, I’ll go for the draw.

bluemal
Legend
Tips

Postby bluemal » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:48 pm

BUNDESLIGA 2 - LIVE ON BT SPORT
FC COLOGNE V UNION BERLIN - KICK OFF 19:30

HT/FT: Cologne/Cologne
Correct Score: 2-0

Both teams had wins in there opening day games last week and with the other teams games already played its only St Paula that have full points from two games played but one of these two can join them with a win, FC Cologne had a good away win at Bochum 0-2 where as Union Berlin scrapped a 1-0 at home against Aue , In the only six H2H in this division 2 has saw Cologne win five and one win Union Berlin and in Cologne home H2H they've only played three matches 7-0 in 2002/03 - 2-0 in 2012/13 and in 2013/14 season 4-0. For me I can see another home win with Cologne looking to get straight back up to the Bundesliga and join St Paula on 6pts at top of Bundesliga 2.

bluemal
Legend
Tips

Postby bluemal » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:28 am

PREMIER LEAGUE
ARSENAL V MAN CITY

both have inexperienced defenders maitland, laporte, mendy in epl. home team have new manager to impress. do city have hunger to win title again. Citizens showed no hangover from last season when they beat Chelsea 2-0 in last weekend's Community Shield. Friendly results have seen them thrash PSG 5-1, beat Lazio 2-0 and draw with Atletico Madrid and Chelsea. Sokratis slots immediately into the back-four. The visitors are also generally excellent starters, having won their opening game in each of the most recent seven seasons
Hi copycat you'll need to look at what your writing you've got game down as draw but score 2-3 that's the 2nd time you've did that. game 7 page 8 but had scored 0 points anyway ,

Delboy980
Stallion
Tips

Postby Delboy980 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:47 am

AEK ATHENS V CELTIC

1X2 AEK Athens
HT/FT Draw / AEK Athens
UNDER/OVER Under
CORRECT SCORE 1-0

AEK Athens play in the Greek Super League who season has not started yet,and have won 1 drawn 3 and lost 1 of their last 5 matches played. They drew their 1st leg game away against Celtic 1-1 both goals scored in the first half Celtic scoring in the 14 min and AEK Athens equalising in the 44 min. Celtic did have more possession 68%, as AEK Athens appear a little ring rusty not playing as many games as Celtic. Celtic play in the Scottish Premier and have won 2 drawn 2 and lost 1 of their last 5 matches played, losing their last match played 1-0 away in the league against Hearts. Celtic are the underdogs for this match, AEK Athens are a seeded team and that was their 1st game played in the UCL, with Celtic losing away in the league in their last match played, I am taking AEK Athens now with the home advantage to win this match tonight.

RACHACE
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby RACHACE » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:55 am

PREMIER LEAGUE
ARSENAL V MAN CITY

Could you please enter your predictions correctly going forward. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this occasion due to your write up but it's an inconvenience to me scoring when there's confusion. Cheers.
Read my best bets for Man City v Brighton in the Premier League.
https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=413988

RACHACE
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby RACHACE » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:10 am

PREMIER LEAGUE
ARSENAL V MAN CITY
KICK OFF 16:00, LIVE ON SKY SPORTS

MAN CITY
MAN CITY/MAN CITY
UNDERS
0-2

Centurions City rarely looked like they were out of 1st gear as we ran out winners at the Emirates yesterday. Raheem Sterling opening the scoring in the 14th minute with a decent finish. We had opportunities to increase our lead before the break but we didn't and at half time the score was 0-1. Bernardo Silva added a 2nd goal in the 64th minute and Arsenal rarely threatened really. Final score Arsenal 0 City 2.

Most predicted the City win but only I managed a maximum so well done me.

Rachace - 50
Delboy980 - 20
Steenie1 - 20
bluemal - 20
Stretchpaul - 20
copycat1 - 20
The Snail - 20
Hogsback - 10
Nawoo - 10
Risto123 - 0
Hazelwood86 - 0

GAME 12 LEADERBOARD

After the 12th fence it's Copycat1 who's still the leader. He's 1.5 lengths clear of bluemal in 2nd place. The Snail and Stretchpaul are tied in 3rd. Still plenty of fences to jump so it's still anybody's race at this moment.

copycat1 - 235
bluemal - 220
The Snail - 175
Stretchpaul - 175
Rachace - 160
Hazelwood86 - 155
nawoo - 125
Delboy980 - 125
CertiFam - 120
risto123 - 100
Steenie1 - 85
Hogsback - 50
Micky32 - 45
cooper88 - 25
inplayking - 5
Johnfiddler10 - 5

Next Games:

BUNDESLIGA 2

GAME 14 - TUESDAY 14TH AUGUST
AEK ATHENS V CELTIC

GAME 15 - WEDNESDAY 15TH AUGUST
UEFA SUPER CUP
REAL MADRID V ATLETICO MADRID
KICK OFF 20:00, LIVE ON BT SPORT

more to follow..............................

RACHACE
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby RACHACE » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:16 am

BUNDESLIGA 2

COLOGNE
COLOGNE/COLOGNE
OVERS
3-0

Last seasons relegated team Cologne kicked off their promotion bid with a comfortable 2-0 victory away at Bochum last weekend and they look good for back to back victories here against Union Berlin. The season before last Cologne qualified for the Europa League so what happened last season I do not know but they're a big club and one that will believe that they should be in the Bundesliga 1. Union Berlin also kicked off with a victory and they're a decent side at this level but FC Cologne are odds on to win this and are the favourites to win the league also. With little league form to go on I'll go with the favourites here and I'll take a punt on it being a comfortable victory too.

The Snail
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby The Snail » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:44 pm

BUNDESLIGA 2

COLOGNE
Draw/COLOGNE
OVERS
2-1

Monday night Bundesliga two is where the real players come to the fore :D

FC Köln, to give them their German name, finished bottom in the Bundesliga, accompanied in the bottom three by Hamburg and Wolfsburg...three teams all recently plying their trade in Europe. They have been relegated to this level before when they were run into the ground and ended up with spiralling debts. They didn't manage to escape first time round then but the club is in a better position financially this year. They started well with a 2 - 0 away win and as the fourth largest 'sports' club in Germany, the home fans a will expect a win here today.

Union Berlin are a reasonable side at this level, flirting with promotion on occasion but largely sitting in mid table for the last 9 years. Matches against FC Köln and Hamburg will be real big occasions for these lower leagues sides and I can see them raising their game to fight their more illustrious rivals, however, I just expect FC Köln to have to much firepower.

nawoo
Stallion
Tips

Postby nawoo » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:37 pm

2. Bundesliga

FC Cologne v Union Berlin

1x2........Cologne
HT/FT.....Cologne / Cologne
O/U........Over
C S.........Cologne 2 Union Berlin 1

Cologne and Hamburg are expected to bounce back and Cologne did start their campign with a comfortable 2-0 away win at Bochum while Berlin also won against Aue at home. Berlin started their last campaign well only to fade in the later stages to finish 8th and they have not won during their three previous visits here and last season lost 8 of their 17 trips and with they will face a tough time here against the hosts also had a good pre season should be able to prevail.

cooper88
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby cooper88 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:29 pm

BUNDESLIGA 2 - LIVE ON BT SPORT
FC COLOGNE V UNION BERLIN - KICK OFF 19:30

HT/FT: Draw/Cologne
Correct Score: 2-1

Cologne and Unie Berlin played for the last 4-5 years, when both teams were back in the Second Bundesliga. I think today's game is a solid 1. Cologne went on strike with victory outside, and at the very beginning they demanded that I would not suffer more than one season in the second level. At the start, Unison Berlin also scored a success, but it seemed to me that the guests would retreat to their more rival rival, and today they will give up the fortress.