World Cup Daily Discussion - Thursday 14th June

TeddyT
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

World Cup Daily Discussion - Thursday 14th June

Postby TeddyT » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:32 am

The World Cup is nearly upon us and rather than having threads of every individual game we will be opening daily threads where members can add their thoughts on the games on that day.

Thursday 14th June

Russia v Saudia Arabia 4pm

The hosts kick off proceedings and are a short price to start the tournament with a win whilst Saudia Arabia are a double figure price to cause a shock in the opening game.

Please add your thoughts on this game to this thread.
OLBG Tipster Competition Manager

davidjwest
Group 3 Class
Tips

Re: World Cup Daily Discussion - Thurs 14th June

Postby davidjwest » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:03 pm

Those odds for SA are decent, it's not like the hosts have never been shocked in the opening game of a world cup and Russia aren't a strong side.

1-0 to SA wouldn't surprise me.

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:00 am

In normal circumstances you would expect Russia to beat Saudi Arabia, however, Saudia Arabia will raise their game because its the World Cup

I just come down on the side of the Russians because of home advantage, but they are no value at 1.44.

The HT Draw/FT Russia is 4.2 with Unibet which is much more exciting but riskier, or the 0-0 at 2.72 at H/T with Marathon Bet.

It will be important come the end of the tournament that you always take the best odds as most of us will have a lot of match bets i expect.

I am really looking forward to the World Cup.

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:17 pm

Here we go for the first game of the tournament and are we expecting fireworks, no not really, I am expecting a cagey game, where both countries will try and size each other up and look for opportunities.

Russia and Saudi Arabia are not prolific winning sides and goals seem hard to come by.

What am I looking at for a result a score draw of 1-1 and to come from this result is for Saudi Arabia to score the first goal on the World Cup and the glory could go to Mohammed Al-Sahlawi and he plays for Al-Nassr and scored 102 goals since 2009, he is 31 and not getting any younger, his only chance to make a name for himself at this level. When playing for his country, he has scored twenty eight from forty matches and he could be making his presence felt here and at 22/1 looks a snap and if scoring that vital first goal, what a price to kick this World Cup off with.

All of a bit of a rush for me coming in from work but cannot wait and enjoy a game of football, bring it on.

6/1 for both teams to score and end up being a draw, good price to figure with, as both countries have not scored many in recent games actually Russia two, with one against Turkey which was 1-1 result and the other was against France when losing 3-1.
Saudi Arabia have scored two in recent games with one against Germany losing 2-1 and the other losing against Italy with the same score line of 2-1.

Of course Russia do not want to lose, being in front of their home supporters, a draw could be bearable.
OLBG Moderator

TeddyT
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Re: World Cup Daily Discussion - Thursday 14th June

Postby TeddyT » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:10 pm

Looks like a bit of opposition coming in against the hosts in the opening match with, it appears, the draw and a shock win for Saudia Arabia getting the most support.

Are Russia becoming a backable price at 1/2 with a couple of firms?
OLBG Tipster Competition Manager

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:44 pm

As punters have looked at the Russian record they start to get nervous Teddy, this opening game could be of the poorest quality we have ever witnessed.

The 90 minute Russia win offers little value, good luck to all.

PhilGSolent
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby PhilGSolent » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:57 pm

I am liking the 5/1 Ladbrokes are offering on Saudi Arabia to score first, I so hope the game matches an uplifting and short opening ceremony.

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:00 pm

Russia scored some tremendous goals but Saudi Arabia are fairly direr and I had then for a draw, never withdrawn anything from that game and I was going to in play and bet a fourth goal and could not be bothered and low and behold, a fourth appeared was going to go in play for the fifth and was like the Saudi's I was to slow.

Saudi Arabia are the knocking boys if Russia scored five and they are rated below them, how many goals are Uruguay going to score or even Egypt, the South American team has some great players and they only a need to sniff a chance to net a goal and they will.
OLBG Moderator

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:38 pm

The Saudis were poor, not sure anyone in truth expected 5-0, they seem to have a couple of decentish players and the rest just not good enough.

I suspect most of us started poorly with our bets, I certainly did.

Onwards to tomorrow.

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:44 pm

I am surprised no one tipped up Russia with a 5-0 result, at massive odds I presume.
OLBG Moderator

KanKeano
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby KanKeano » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:25 pm

Russia scored some tremendous goals but Saudi Arabia are fairly direr and I had then for a draw, never withdrawn anything from that game and I was going to in play and bet a fourth goal and could not be bothered and low and behold, a fourth appeared was going to go in play for the fifth and was like the Saudi's I was to slow.

Saudi Arabia are the knocking boys if Russia scored five and they are rated below them, how many goals are Uruguay going to score or even Egypt, the South American team has some great players and they only a need to sniff a chance to net a goal and they will.

After conceding 5 in their opener I'd expect Saudi to tighten up so they don't get embarassed agin. I'd be surprised if Uruguay or Egypt put 5 past them now.
OLBG Moderator

Twitter | KanKeano_OLBG

Owner of KanKeano Bears | SUPERBOLBG
AFC Conference Champions Season 5
AFC South Champions Season 3, 4 & 5

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:58 am

Agree KK, teams who have lost game 1 or lose game 1 take action to remedy the mistakes.

Saudi Arabia will now be an even bigger price in their next game than their pre russia odds and will be looking for a much better showing.

We are now talking about Russia being a decent team, so they will be shorter for the Egypt game.

In game 2's i think we will see quite a reaction from defeated teams in game 1.