One-A-Day Competition - JUNE - Race 1 (1st - 15th)

supermack44
At Stud
Tips

Re: One-A-Day Competition - JUNE - Race 1 (1st - 15th)

Postby supermack44 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:23 pm

Newbury 15:30

My Target

Michael Wigham's inmate My Target on his latest outing at Lingfield over 1 mile in April weakened well inside final furlong and finished 2 lengths behind Unforgiving Minute when fifth of eleven. On the AW he is an excellent performer and today he races off a 7lb lower mark now he is running on turf and with Connor Beasley in the saddle they can show that excellent form on this surface. He has won eight races from 7 furlongs to 1 mile on good ground and on the all-weather.
:cool:

Scratville
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Scratville » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:37 pm

Cricklewood Green

Kirk runs a couple in this and with Atzeni booked this has to be of interest. A course winner and 2lb lower than when winning a better race than this. Three wins off higher marks and all his best form is on this type of ground. Hopefully the 13 box isn't an issue.
Horse Racing One A Day Winner April 11
Horse Racing One A Day Winner July 11
Football One A Day Winner Sept 11
NFL Handicap Challenge Winner Oct 11
Horse Racing One A Day Winner Dec 11
Football One A Day Winner May 13

geordieracer
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby geordieracer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:49 pm

I'm simlpy trying to play my way into form for next week here;

Indeed I could be trying to get some WIND IN MY SAILS

3rd in this last year off 6 pounds higher and a winner over C and D off just 3 lower Ed DeGiles' gelding (by Footstepsinthesand, one of my old favourites) looks ready and able to win again
Will be fitter for two earlier runs and whlst i have always liked (and followed too often) Cricklewood Green (mainly because it is such a good album) I am hoping to get some impetus from this well treated 6 year old toay.

Fingers crossed..

Carpo Marx
At Stud
Tips

Postby Carpo Marx » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:56 pm

newbury 3.30

keepers choice

A 4yr old filly trained by Denis Coakley. Not done too well selecting any fillies or mares to the point of giving up on them, but here we go again tempted by some long eyelashes. Very lightly raced as her 2yr old days were given a miss. First time out at Windsor as a 3yr old threw away any chance of getting into the race by missing the break, however next time out in a Maiden at Bath ran really well in a 3 horse race getting bags of experience by leading, chasing the leader, going last then running on to close on the eventual winner, all good stuff. A learning curve that was fully justified when she won a race at the third time of asking in a Class 5 Maiden Fillies Stakes at Salisbury with a field of 13. Ran two subsequent races at Sandown (Class 4) and Newmarket (Class 2) respectively both over 1m 2f and folded tamely after the 1 mile pole. Think the mile is her optimum distance and so is firm-ish ground after her opening race of the 2018 season where she ran a really good race at Chepstow finishing 2nd after being dropped back to a mile. It was a Class 5 race but she carried 10st, raised in Class again today but only has 8st 6lb with a further 3lb coming off with apprentice David Egan, so it could be a lead all the way and hang on sort of race.

Guddah
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby Guddah » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:21 pm

MADELEINE BOND

Good trainer and jockey claims a very useful five pounds off
Good recent run
Course winner and also a distance winner
Ground ok and has a decent chance in a very competitive handicap
Can only be hopeful for some points :D

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:16 pm

I'll try and post a full update tonight but with one race remaining the top of the unofficial leader board is:

Micky32 - 371
pumpdaball - 312
Vivian - 311.8
Carpo Marx - 303.5

Next highest score is 250...

If any of the top contenders wish to PM their selection to me they can and I'll try and post it up before the race but can assure you your selection will count and it will be protected.

I'll confirm tomorrow's race a bit later or someone else can pick where we go...
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy

geordieracer
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby geordieracer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:27 pm

Pick the bones out of this for a FINALE...

York 3.30
Irish Thoroughbred Marketing Handicap 
(Class 3)
7f
20 Runners

Carpo Marx
At Stud
Tips

Postby Carpo Marx » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:24 pm

york 3.30

kaeso

Excellent race to finish up with with plenty of horses having a good case for winning. David O'Meara has a good record in this race and runs 3 with Hajjam looking to be his main hope, Michael Easterby is also mob handed and the duel between his Imperial State and Magic City looks interesting after their last head to head however one horse that might be flying under the radar is Kaeso. The Nigel Tinkler 4yr old had a good 2017 campaign with winning 4 races on the bounce, all over 6f from Class 6 to Class 4. Fished up with a poor effort in his last race of the year but his previous efforts may have taken its toll. Came out at Ascot in May finishing 5th of 17 in a 6f Class 4 Handicap but got squeezed out along the way. Proved himself back to form by winning last time out, again Class 4 but this time over 7f on good to firm, can he step up to Class 3 however, that's the question. Usual partner Lewis Edmunds is trusted with the ride for this progressive type.

brandysnap
Stallion
Tips

Postby brandysnap » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:34 pm

YORK 3 30

HAJJAM

VERY CONSISTENT PERFORMER WHO HAS FAILED TO MAKE THE FRAME ONLY ONCE IN 15 STARTS WINNING 4,CAME WITH A STRONG RUN TO GET UP BY A SH (PULLING CLEAR OF THE REST) LTO,UP 5LB FOR THAT WHICH LOOKS HARSH BUT IS IN GOOD FORM AND MAY WELL COPE WITH THE RISE,WON ON GOING RANGING FROM GS TO GF,STABLES HORSES ARE RUNNING WELL AND SHOULD BE IN THE MIX.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:49 pm

Want something at a decent price to maybe just have a small chance of getting up late for 2nd so I’ll plump for last years winner of this in Be Kool who is now 10lb higher for that win but has run well off a higher mark over in Ireland and should come on for his recent comeback run. After winning this last year then ran well over the C&D again next time out when 4th of 14 so clearly likes this track. Has ran over further but this trappy 7f trip seems to be up his street.
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy

pumpdaball
At Stud
Tips

Postby pumpdaball » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:18 pm

3.30 York
15th June '18

Starlight Romance

Trainer Richard Fahey has had 12 winners in the last 14 days, almost an average of 1 per day, from a total of 83 entries, that represents a 14% win rate, and suggests the stable are firing on all cylinders at the moment, the Fahey stable are also on a plus at this track this current year to the tune of 10.5 to a £1 stake. All of that augers well for the chances of their entry here today.

Starlight Romance was 7th last time out over this C/D, and although that wasn't exactly in the money, it was a first run after she had a 196 day break, and as a plus if there is one is the fact that she now carries 2lb less than she did for that last run. It will certainly have blown away the cobwebs and she can be expected to be much better today, which might allow her to be involved in the finish of this very open affair. On board today is Paul Hanagan who has had 6 winning rides in the last fortnight.

Both trainer and jockey are going pretty well with their respective runners at the moment and this may be a case of striking while the iron is hot, I am happy to give Starlight Romance a chance to show that she is better today for the last outing after a long break, she can take home some portion of the prize money here.
"Drain all the water off this planet and we are all sharing the same piece of ground"

bluemal
Legend
Tips

Postby bluemal » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:25 pm

York 3.30

Alfred Hutchinson.....from David O'Meara yard the old yin is getting on in years at 10yo he's been given a chance by the handicapper, having been dropped a pound for his fourth to Magic City here 20 days ago. He is a stone better off at the weights with the winner and has a terrific record at the Knavesmire.

Alfred Hutchinson was 4.25 lengths behind Magic City with the race for Gentleman Amateur Riders with Mr Zac Baker in saddle who may have been nearer if he timed it right as he was flying in last furlong the yard bring in David Nolan in saddle. Stall 18 isn’t ideal but with some bookies are giving five places could be worth a wee e/w bet