Football One a Day - June 2018 (3 Prizes)

The Snail
Classic Winner
Tips

Re: Football One a Day - June 2018 (3 Prizes)

Postby The Snail » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:21 pm

RUSSIA V SAUDI ARABIA
WORLD CUP GROUP STAGE
KICK OFF 16:00

1X2: RUSSIA
HT/FT: RUSSIA/RUSSIA
UNDER/OVER: Over
CORRECT SCORE: 2-1

This is really a low point in opening world cup fixtures! The worst two teams (on fifa rankings) could lead to a nice open game, but i dont expect so. Russia are without Kokorin who is their key player so they will be short of attacking ideas although Smolov looks like a half decent player. No home nation has ever lost their opening fixture and clearly Russia have been handed the plumb draw here.

S.Arabia came through qualifying easy enough but the strength of the Asian qualifying group isn't that high at present and their true form is shown in defeats to Peru and Germany lately.

This has potential to be a drab 1 - 0 to Russia if S.Arabia set up to defend early doors but i am hopeful for an early Russia goal and then S.Arabia will need to come out and attack a bit more.

Delboy980
Stallion
Tips

Postby Delboy980 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:23 am

FRANCE V AUSTRALIA
WORLD CUP GROUP STAGE
KICK OFF 11:00

1X2 France
HT/FT France /France
UNDER/OVER Over
CORRECT SCORE 3-1

France have won 4 drawn 2 and lost 1 of their last 7 matches played, and have scored 15 goals and conceded 8 goals in those 7 matches played, drawing their last match played 1-1 in a friendly against USA. Australia have won 3 drawn 3 and lost 1 of their last 7 matches played and have scored 11 goals and also conceded 8 goals in those 7 matches played, winning thier last match played 1-2 in a friendly against Hungary. The last meeting between these 2 teams was a friendly back in 2013 which France easily beat Australia 6-0. Australia come into this match winning their last 2 matches played against the Czech Rep and Hungary, France have beat Russia Northern Ireland an Italy before drawing thier last match played against USA, I am taking France to win this match today.

Delboy980
Stallion
Tips

Postby Delboy980 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:40 am

CROATIA V NIGERIA
WORLD CUP GROUP STAGE
KICK OFF 20:00

1X2 Croatia
HT/FT Draw / Croatia
UNDER/OVER Under
CORRECT SCORE 1-0

This is the first time these 2 teams have ever met, and a fairly hard game to fathom out , as Nigeria did beat Argentina 4-2 and now look vulnerable losing against England and Czech Republic in their last 2 matches played. Croatia lost 2 matches both 2-0 against Brazil beating Mexico previously and beating Senegal in their last match played. Croatia have won 3 drawn 1 and lost 3 of their last 7 matches played, and have scored 7 goals and conceded 8 goals in those 7 matches played, winning 2-1 against Senegal in their last friendly played. Nigeria have won 2 drawn 2 and lost 3 of their last 7 matches played, and have scored 8 goals and conceded 9 goals in those 7 matches played, losing their last match played 1-0 in a friendly against Czech Republic. This will be a tight game , I am taking Croatia to win by the odd goal in this match today.

Delboy980
Stallion
Tips

Postby Delboy980 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:06 am

GERMANY V MEXICO
WORLD CUP GROUP STAGE
KICK OFF 16:00

1X2 Germany
HT/FT Germany/Germany
UNDER/OVER Over
CORRECT SCORE 2-1

Germany have won 2 drawn 3 and lost 2 of their last 7 matches played, and have scored 11 goals and conceded 8 goals in those 7 matches played, winning their last match played 2-1 in a friendly against Saudi Arabia. Mexico have won 4 drawn 1 and lost 2 of their last 7 matches played, and have scored 6 goals and conceded 3 goals in those 7 matches played, losing their last match played 2-0 in a friendly against Denmark. The last meeting between these 2 teams was this time last year in the COC where Germany won 4-1. Germany come into this match not in the best of form, Mexico had being playing well enough not scoring many goals , but had a good defence not conceding until their last friendly when conceding 2 goals. I am taking Germany who have also been conceding more goals than usual to win this match today.

Delboy980
Stallion
Tips

Postby Delboy980 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:21 am

BRAZIL V SWITZERLAND
WORLD CUP GROUP STAGE
KICK OFF 19:00

1X2 Brazil
HT/FT Draw/ Brazil
UNDER/OVER Under
CORRECT SCORE 1-0

Brazil have won 6 and drawn 1 of their last 7 matches played,and have scored 14 goals conceding only 1 goal in those 7 matches played, winning their last match played 0-3 in a friendly against Austria. Switzerland have won 4 drawn 2 and lost 1 of their last 7 matches played, and have scored 11 goals and conceded 3 goals in those 7 matches played winning their last match played in a friendly 2-0 against Japan. Switzerland did beat Brazil in the last meeting in a friendly back in 2013 1-0. Brazil are in good form at present and have a good team to go all the way in this World Cup, Switzerland have a decent team and should finish 2nd in this group, this will be a close game as both teams do defend well, the strength of Brazil fire power should break Switzerland down to win this match today.

steenie1
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby steenie1 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:47 am

RUSSIA V SAUDI ARABIA
WORLD CUP GROUP STAGE

1X2: DRAW
HT/FT: DRAW/DRAW
Over/Under: UNDER
Correct Score: 1-1
The reasoning: I don’t expect many fireworks. But as neither team’s recent record is speckled with too many wins, both are likely to think they have a good chance of avoiding starting the campaign with a defeat. Russia have only 1 win from their last 8 friendlies, and Saudi Arabia have only 2 wins from their last 8. Not losing seems likely to be the mindset. As Russia conceded in all 8 of those games and scored in 5 of them, there seems a reasonable chance of goals on each side. The Saudis scored in 6 of their 8 friendlies

nawoo
Stallion
Tips

Postby nawoo » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:51 pm

World Cup

Russia v Saudi Arabia

1x2.......Draw
HT/FT...Draw / Draw
O/U......Under
C S........Russia 0 Saudi Arabia 0

This games looks likely to be cagey as hosts Russia have not been impressive in friendlies. A win over South Korea is their only triumph in last ten matches and though Saudis have lost their last three friendlies, they will take heart from the fact they restricted Italy and Germany to a one goal margin and also sored againt both giants but the atmospehere might be against them while the pressure of playing in front of home crowd and being in dismal form maybe too much so I expect the sides to cancel each other out and play out a dull goalless draw.

OlbgDeleted489605
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby OlbgDeleted489605 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:05 pm

1X2: RUSSIA
HT/FT: RUSSIA/RUSSIA
UNDER/OVER: Over
CORRECT SCORE: 2-1
Russia haven’t won a match since October 2017, losing four and drawing three since then.
The host nation have won just one of their last 14 matches against teams who have qualified for the 2018 World Cup.
Saudi Arabia have avoided defeat in six of their last 12 matches.
Russia are the lowest ranked nation at the 2018 World Cup, ranked three places below 67th placed Saudi Arabia.. Ten of their 23 man squad play for the same club, Al-Hilal. Many of these players have been teammates for most of their domestic career, and it’s that sort of team cohesion that can make the difference in such a high pressure situation.

RACHACE
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby RACHACE » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:12 pm

GAME 11 - THURSDAY 14TH JUNE
RUSSIA V SAUDI ARABIA
WORLD CUP GROUP STAGE
KICK OFF 16:00, LIVE ON ITV

RUSSIA
RUSSIA/RUSSIA
OVER
5-0

An emphatic win for the hosts in the opener for the World Cup 2018 tournament as they brushed aside Saudi Arabia. Russia opened the scoring in the 12th minute via Gazinsky and they doubled their lead in the 43rd minute via Cheryshev. At half time the hosts were winning 2-0. The 2nd half saw more of the same really as Russia made it 3-0 in the 71st minute with a goal from Dzyuba. 2 goals in stoppage time put an emphatic end to proceedings as Cheryshev got his 2nd goal in the 91st minute and in the 94th minute the impressive Golovin completed the rout.

A good mixture of predictions for this one but nobody went for such an impressive win for Russia. Plenty went for the Russia win though so well done to risto123, Burb123, Hazelwood86, The Snail and Vicpool1 as you top scored with 25 points.

The Snail - 25
Burb123 - 25
vicpoole1 - 25
risto123 - 25
Hazelwood86 - 25
Rachace - 20
Bluemal - 10
Hogsback - 0
Stretchpaul - 0
Delboy980 - 0
nawoo - 0
Steenie1 - 0

GAME 11 LEADERBOARD

After the 11th fence it's Hazelwood86 who's still in front. He's 2 lengths clear of The Snail who's moved into 2nd place and a couple of lengths behind him are both Hogsback and Vicpoole1 in joint 3rd. There are plenty close behind though so it's still all to play for.

Hazelwood86 - 240
The Snail - 220
Hogsback - 200
vicpoole1 - 200
risto123 - 195
Stretchpaul - 190
Rachace - 180
Burb123 - 180
Delboy980 - 160
steenie1 - 125
Jack1712 - 105
bluemal - 90
Nawoo - 90
inplayking - 75
Pumpdaball - 80
Micky32 - 35

ANY MISTAKES PLEASE LET ME KNOW VIA PM ASAP.

NEXT GAMES

****DOUBLE HEADER*****
GAMES 12 & 13 - FRIDAY 15TH JUNE

EGYPT V URUGUAY
WORLD CUP GROUP STAGE
KICK OFF 13:00, LIVE ON BBC 1

PORTUGAL V SPAIN
WORLD CUP GROUP STAGE
KICK OFF 19:00, LIVE ON BBC 1

***DOUBLE HEADER***
GAMES 14 & 15 - SATURDAY 16TH JUNE

FRANCE V AUSTRALIA
WORLD CUP GROUP STAGE
KICK OFF 11:00, LIVE ON BBC 1

CROATIA V NIGERIA
WORLD CUP GROUP STAGE
KICK OFF 20:00, LIVE ON ITV

****DOUBLE HEADER****
GAMES 16 & 17 - SUNDAY 17TH JUNE

GERMANY V MEXICO
WORLD CUP GROUP STAGE
KICK OFF 16:00, LIVE ON BBC1

BRAZIL V SWITZERLAND
WORLD CUP GROUP STAGE
KICK OFF 19:00, LIVE ON ITV

MORE GAMES TO FOLLOW
Read my best bets for Man City v Brighton in the Premier League.
https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=413988

risto123
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby risto123 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:22 pm

EGYPT V URUGUAY
WORLD CUP GROUP STAGE

1x2: Uruguay
HT/FT: Uruguay/Uruguay
Over/Under: Over
Correct Score: 1-2

So in the first game of the second day of this year's world cup Egypt goes against Uruguay. Egypt have never won a game in the world cup and they are currently winless in 6 games aswell. They have also gone 2 games in a row without scoring a single goal. At the same time Uruguay have won all 3 matches so far this calendar year and they did that in style as they didn't concede a single goal during these 3 games. But they are slow starters in the world cup cause they haven't won any of the last 6 opening games of this tournament so i expect them to finally end that miserable record. Uruguay to win.

RACHACE
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby RACHACE » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:27 pm

****DOUBLE HEADER*****

EGYPT V URUGUAY
WORLD CUP GROUP STAGE

URUGUAY
URUGUAY/URUGUAY
UNDER
0-2

Uruguay finished 2n din qualifying from South America behind Brazil and they're many peoples dark horses for the tournament. It's easy to see why when you see Edison Cavani and Luiz Suarez lining up for them as what's probably the most prolific partnership in the tournament. Egypt do have Mo Salah though who's had an exceptional season so it's a tough one to call. Salah suffered a shoulder injury during the Champions League final so he may not be 100% and I'm convinced that the Uruguay players will look to ruffle his feathers in an attempt to test whether he's fully fit or not. I can see Godin looking to make things very difficult for Salah and if he's not quite fancying this then I can only see 1 winner and that will be Uruguay.

PORTUGAL V SPAIN
WORLD CUP GROUP STAGE

SPAIN
SPAIN/SPAIN
UNDER
0-2

Turmoil in the Spanish camp with their manager being sacked just before a ball has been kicked will be an unwanted distraction but this Spanish team is made from sterner stuff I feel and they look very capable of going all the way in my opinion. They got drawn against tough opponents though in the group stage and non tougher than the European champions, Portugal who will no doubt make this a very tough game for the silky Spanish. Portugal tend to play a very defensive game so I'm not expecting this game to see many goals but Spain are the team I'm going with because they're unbeaten in 20 games now and recently shown Argentina just what they're capable of when they hammered them 6-1. I fancy a solid win for Spain here.
Read my best bets for Man City v Brighton in the Premier League.
https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=413988

stretchpaul
At Stud
Tips

Postby stretchpaul » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:47 pm

****DOUBLE HEADER*****

EGYPT V URUGUAY
WORLD CUP GROUP STAGE

URUGUAY
URUGUAY/URUGUAY
OVER
0-3

I think this game may well go the same way as the opening match.Perhaps not 5-0 but Uruguay should be in control of the game.Egypt have gone 6 games without a win and had 3 defeats in that time.Salah is fit to play but he wont be 100% and they are going to need him to be.Uruguay have had at least 3 goals in 13 of their last 18 matches and with Cavani and Suarez starting you have to expect them to find the net at least once each.

PORTUGAL V SPAIN
WORLD CUP GROUP STAGE

SPAIN
SPAIN/SPAIN
OVER
1-2

All this talk of Spain in crisis because the coach has been axed just before the start of the WC is utter nonsense.The fact is,incoming coach Hierro is a very well respected manager who knows all the players very well.Spain will not be flamboyant under his tactics but they will most likely grind out results instead,a bit like Del Bosque and look what he did for Spain eh? Portugal have an aging defense that frankly will not be up to the task of keeping out world class forwards like Messi,Grizemann,Kane etc. I can see Spain winning this game,having a lot of possession and play and getting a workmanlike victory.