Football One A Day - May 2018 (3 prizes)

RACHACE
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Football One A Day - May 2018 (3 prizes)

Postby RACHACE » Fri May 18, 2018 7:14 am

Game 21 Friday 18th May - Sky Sports Football - 1945
League Two Play-Off Semi-Final 2nd Leg
Notts County v Coventry City

1x2: Draw
HT/FT: Draw/Draw
Over/Under: Under
Correct Score: 1-1

Another finely poised play-off game after a 1-1 draw in the 1st leg. Coventry's late penalty has kept them well in the tie and they may take a bit of confidence into this 2nd leg after the late drama at the Ricoh Arena so it's a tough game to call. Coventry's away form has been decent since late February too with just 1 defeat away from home since then. That defeat however did come against Notts County and at home Notts County have been very strong since February having won 5 and drawn 3 of their 8 home games since February. The 3 draws did come against sides either fighting for automatic promotion or a play-off spot as Luton Town, Wycombe Wanderers and Mansfield Town all came away from Meadow Lane with a point. I think this will be tight and a draw in the 90 minutes seems likely.
Read my best bets for Man City v Brighton in the Premier League.
https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=413988

Delboy980
Stallion
Tips

Postby Delboy980 » Fri May 18, 2018 8:19 am

1X2 Notts County
HT/FT Notts Country/ Notts County
UNDER/OVER Over
CORRECT SCORE 2-1

Notts County finished 5th in League 2 with 77 points, winning 14 drawing 7 and only losing 2 of their 23 home games played. Coventry finished 6th only 2 points behind on 75 points, winning 9 drawing 5 and losing 9 of their 23 league away games played. The first leg ended in a 1-1 draw after Notts County took the lead in the 2nd half , with Coventry getting a late equaliser from a penalty after having slightly more possession playing at home. In the league this season, both teams won their home ties Coventry 3-0 Notts County 2-1. Notts County do have the home advantage and only losing tiwce at home this season, I am taking Notts County to win this match tonight.

risto123
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby risto123 » Fri May 18, 2018 2:00 pm

Game 22 Saturday 19th May - BBC One Scotland / Sky Sports - 1500
Scottish FA Cup Final
Celtic v Motherwell

1x2: Celtic
HT/FT: Celtic/Celtic
Over/Under: Over
Correct Score: 3-0

Celtic goes against Motherwell in this seasons scottish FA Cup final on saturday. Celtic may have gone 2 games in a row without a win and a goal but i don't think that it affects them too much even though Motherwell have won 2 matches in a row to nil. Motherwell may have won 5 and lost 5 of the last 10 games in scottish cup but they've still won 4 cupgames in a row. Still Celtic have been way better in local cup as they've won 12 of the last 13 games in this competion incl most recent 9. Celtic is unbeaten in 10 h2h games as they won 8 of them. So i expect them to get another win here. Celtic to win.

Game 23 Saturday 19th May - BBC One / BT Sport 2 / BT Sport 4K UHD - 1715
FA Cup Final
Mancheter Utd v Chelsea

1x2: Man Utd
HT/FT: Man Utd/Man Utd
Correct Score: 2-1

Manchester United goes against Chelsea in this seasons FA Cup final on saturday. Both sides have won 3, drew 1, lost 1 of the last 5 matches and they both had more than enough rest for this match so fatigue shouldn't be a problem. Man Utd have won all 5 fa cup games so far this calendar year while conceding just one goal. At the same time Chelsea have won the last 4 games in this competion after drewing first 2 matches against Norwich who they knocked out on penalties. Both sides have won 2 of the last 4 h2h games so i am expecting yet another close game this time aswell with Man Utd eventually lifting the trophy. Man Utd to win.

nawoo
Stallion
Tips

Postby nawoo » Fri May 18, 2018 4:26 pm

1x2.........Coventry City
HT/FT.....Draw / Coventry
O/U........Over
C S.........Notts County 1 Coventry City 2

A late penalty in the 1st leg earned Coventry draw at home and now they travel to Meadow Lane where Notts Country have been unbeaten in their last nine matches,winning five and drawing four so they start as favourites tonight. Coventry's away form has been hit and miss with four wins and two draws from last ten trips which includes a 2-1 defeat here in April in the league. How the penalty has affected the hosts players and how it must have boosted the confidence of the Coventry players remains to be seen but I expect that itmust have done more to the visitors confidence as it was towards the end of the game and they might fancy that lady luck smile on them again and against the tide I see the visitors to snatch a win here to face Exeter in the final.

steenie1
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby steenie1 » Fri May 18, 2018 6:19 pm

Game 21 Friday 18th May - Sky Sports Football - 1945
1X2: NOTTS COUNTY
HT/FT: DRAW/NOTTS COUNTY
Over/Under: OVER
Correct Score : 2 -1

The reasoning: The reverse leg at Coventry resulted in a 1-1 draw. Leading up to the play offs, both teams won their home fixtures. As Coventry’s home GD stats of 36:24 were better than Notts County’s away GD stats of 28:29, a win for Coventry in the first leg would have been the logical assumption. They won their home league game 3-0 during the season, and as they could only draw in the first leg of the play offs, I think they’ve blown it. Coventry will be going for goals…or they should be…so I’ll take them to score at some point. But Notts County to win on the same 2-1 scoreline as happened in the league

vicpoole1
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby vicpoole1 » Fri May 18, 2018 6:24 pm

1X2 Notts County
HT/FT x/ Notts County
UNDER
CORRECT SCORE 1-0

Coventry will be without defender Tom Davies, who was given a three-game ban for a stamp on Richard Duffy in the first leg at the Ricoh Arena. Notts County have the better of the head to head between these two sides with a record of 20 wins, nine draws and 12 defeats. Notts County have been undefeated in their last eight home matches.fourth time in succession that Notts County have drawn the first leg of their play-off semi-final away from home, with the Magpies reaching the final on each of three previous occasions.Jonathan Forte has scored all three of Notts County’s goals against Coventry in all competitions this season.

The Snail
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby The Snail » Fri May 18, 2018 9:42 pm

Scottish FA Cup Final
Celtic v Motherwell

1x2: Celtic
HT/FT: Celtic/Celtic
Correct Score: 4-0

Its been hard to oppose Celtic in any Scottish match over the last two to three years and despite an 'anything can happen in the cup' attitude, this is not the time to gamble on a shock. Motherwell at home held Celtic to two 0 - 0 draws, but away from home they were thrashed 5 - 1, although that was very early in the season. Celtic took their foot off the gas at the season and dropped a few points, but when they needed to they turned it on by beatin rivals Rangers and Hearts so i can see Brendan Rodgers having his team up for this match. A few early goals will kill off Motherwell.

FA Cup Final
Mancheter Utd v Chelsea

1x2: Draw
HT/FT: Draw/Draw
Correct Score: 1-1

In these big games i always inevitably get sucked into imagining a high score, although, inevitably, they are usually low scoring, tight matches. I can't split these two sides. Chelsea beat United in their first league match but United hit back, so no-one was dominated in the league. They have scored 21 goals in their last 4 FA Cup matches and the big Wembley pitch lends itself to quick counter attacking football, but both managers will set up to ensure that they dont concede sloppy goals.

nawoo
Stallion
Tips

Postby nawoo » Fri May 18, 2018 9:49 pm

I am having issues with my worksheet, I will score Notts County v Coventry tomorrow and check all the scores properly.

Kindly bear with me and apologies for any inconvenices caused.

nawoo
Stallion
Tips

Postby nawoo » Sat May 19, 2018 6:00 am

Scottish FA Cup Final

Celtic v Motherwell

1x2.......Motherwell
HT/FT...Draw / Motherwell
O/U.....Under
C S......Celtic 0 Motherwell 1

Celtic are massive favourites with odds of 1.25 and rightly so as they been so dominant in the Scotland. They won the league nine points ahead of Aberdeen while Motherwell ended 7th or 1st in the Relegation Group. In the 3 legs of the league, Celtic won 5-1 at home but drew on both their visits to Fir Park. These two also met in the final of the League Cup with Celtic winning 2-0 after a goalless first half, goals from Forrestt and a penalty by Dembele after Motherwell were reduced to 10 men gave the trophy to Celtic. The last time Motherwell beat Celtic was in 2015 but the fact they have drawn twice and also lost League Cup final competitively should give them confidence to have a go with Celtic this season drawing and losing 14 matches which has been higher in recent years, we might be in for a surprise win for motherwell.

nawoo
Stallion
Tips

Postby nawoo » Sat May 19, 2018 6:16 am

FA Cup Final

Mancheter Utd v Chelsea

1x2......Chelsea
HT/FT..Chelsea / Chelsea
O/U.....Over
C S......Manchester United 1 Chelsea 2

A last chance for both sides to win a trophy this season which has been dominated by Manchester City. United ended the league as runners up which has been their best finish in recent years while Chelsea finished fifth. Both sides won their home matches in the league. Conte, who is speculated to leave Chelsea might as well want to win something in his last match and it seemed that they were was fighting out for Europa League spots but a good run in April with 4 wins a draw coupled with Spurs and Liverpool slipping up saw them challenge for CL spot as well. That should give the players some boost and Giroud has been scoring goals since his arrival from Gunners with whom he won the cup last season and am sure he might want to win twice in a row. Matches between these two can be entertaining or dull it all remains how the managers approach but I expect Conte to get better of Mourinho in what maybe his final game.

RACHACE
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby RACHACE » Sat May 19, 2018 7:48 am

Scottish FA Cup Final
Celtic v Motherwell

Celtic
Celtic/Celtic
Over
4-0

Motherwell have done really well to get themselves to the Scottish FA Cup final and they last won this competition back in 1991 so this is a huge day for everyone connected to the club. They last got to the final in 2011 and they faced Celtic that day also, sadly they lost comprehensively 3-0 and a similar result here seems highly likely. Celtic are a 1/6 shot to lift the trophy and 2/7 to win the game in the 90 minutes so the odds also suggest that this will be very one sided. Motherwell have only won 1 of the last 19 meetings with Celtic in all competitions too and there are also a few heavy defeats such as a 7-0 thrashing in May 2016 and a 5-1 thrashing only this season. A comfortable win for the 37 time Scottish FA Cup seems likely.

FA Cup Final
ManUre v Chelsea

Draw
Draw/Draw
Under
1-1

The bookies have found it very tough to split these two and both are around 19/10 for the win with the draw at around 21/10. ManUre can match Arsenal's 13 times winners of this competition with a win here but Chelsea were beaten finalists last season and that could act as a catalyst to putting in a real performance today, something we've rarely seen from Chelsea this season. Chelsea have the upper hand with regards recent history of winning this competition as they've won it 4 times in the last 11 seasons compared to ManUre's 1 but ManUre have been the better side overall this season as they finished 2nd in the Premier League a whole 19 points off champions and centurions Manchester City but 11 clear of Chelsea who finished 5th. 7 of the last 9 meetings between the two sides have seen under 2.5 goals so I'll go with a low scoring draw here.
Read my best bets for Man City v Brighton in the Premier League.
https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=413988

Delboy980
Stallion
Tips

Postby Delboy980 » Sat May 19, 2018 8:03 am

Scottish FA Cup Final
Celtic v Motherwell

1X2 Celtic
HT/FT Celtic / Celtic
UNDER/OVER Over
CORRECT SCORE 3-1

Celtic finished top of the Scottish Premier with 82 points, losing their last match played 0-1 at home against Aberdeen. That loss was intentional to keep Rangers from finishing 2nd,and Celtic's only loss at home in the league this season. Motherwell finished 7th in Scottish Premier with 48 points, winning their last match played 3-0 at home against Hamilton. Celtic have not lost to Motherwell in the last 9 meetings winning 7 and drawing 2.This final is played at Hampden Park, I am taking Celtic to win this final today.