Football One A Day - May 2018 (3 prizes)

Delboy980
Stallion
Tips

Re: Football One A Day - May 2018 (3 prizes)

Postby Delboy980 » Thu May 17, 2018 7:58 am

League Two Play-Off Semi-Final 2nd Leg
Exeter City v Lincoln City

1X2 Exeter
HT/FT Draw / Exeter
UNDER/OVER Under
CORRECT SCORE 1-0

Exeter finished 4th in League 1 with 80 points winning 15 drawing 4 and losing 4 of their 23 home league games played. Lincoln finished 7th in League 2 with 75 points, winning 8 drawing 7 and losing 8. Both teams scored 64 goals apiece in heir 46 league games played. The home side won both the league games this season Lincoln 3-2 at home and Exeter 1-0 at home. The 1st leg of this play off ended in a boring 0-0 game, with the home side Lincoln having slightly more possession. Exeter do have the home advantage, this could be another low scoring game , I am taking Exeter to win by the odd goal in this game tonight

stretchpaul
At Stud
Tips

Postby stretchpaul » Thu May 17, 2018 8:24 am

Game 20 Thursday 17th May - Sky Sports Football
Exeter City v Lincoln City - 1945

1x2:....................Exeter City
HT/FT:................Exeter/Exeter City
Over/Under:....Under
Correct Score:..1-0

A goalless draw in the first leg as both teams played it cautiously not given anything away.Pretty much most of recent meetings has seen low scoring matches here and I think more of the same tonight.Lincoln score less than a goal a game on their travels so Exeter if they score should be in the driving seat to reach the final.I do not expect a free flowing match,in fact a single goal will most likely separate the teams and I am siding with Exeter to do just that.

RACHACE
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby RACHACE » Thu May 17, 2018 9:14 am

Game 20 Thursday 17th May - Sky Sports Football

1x2: Draw
HT/FT: Draw/DRaw
Over/Under:....Under
Correct Score:..1-1

Tough game to call and the tie is still at 0-0 after the 1st leg. I can't see either side really looking to go for this one and this leg could easily also finish as a low scoring draw in my opinion. Exeter finished 4th in the League 2 table, 5 points ahead of Lincoln who claimed the last play-off place but you have to remember that Lincoln were only promoted from the National League last season so for them to make the play-offs is a huge achievement. Lincoln also managed to beat fellow play-off qualifiers Coventry away from home recently so they're capable of getting a result here. Exeter are very strong at home though and have only lost 1 of their last 15 at St James's Park so it's tough to go against them at home especially. Exeter won the league meeting here 1-0, Lincoln won the league meeting at Sincil Bank 3-2 and the play-off 1st leg finished 0-0. It's very tough to split the teams so I'll go with a 1-1 draw meaning that extra time and penalties may well be needed in order to get a winner.
Read my best bets for Man City v Brighton in the Premier League.
https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=413988

nawoo
Stallion
Tips

Postby nawoo » Thu May 17, 2018 2:49 pm

1x2.......Exeter City
HT/FT...Draw / Exeter City
O/U.....Under
C S......Exeter City 1 Lincoln City 0

The tie is still wide open after a goalless draw in the first leg. Exeter's have been strong at home with just one defeat in last ten,winning four out of their last five. Lincoln have lost just once in their last five and their away form has been inconsistent with many draws. They have won only three out of their last ten trips and have lost here during their last three visits and I expect this to be a closer fought match with Exeter edging just by the odd goal.

risto123
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby risto123 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:00 pm

Game 20 Thursday 17th May - Sky Sports Football - 1945

1ex2: Exeter
HT/FT: Exeter/Exeter
Over/Under: Over
Correct Score: 2-1

Exeter hosts Lincoon in the league 2 playoff semifinal second leg on thursday. Both sides have won 4 and lost 2 of the last 9 matches. However as first leg ended goalless then hopefully we'll see several goals this time around. Exeter have also lost just 1 of the last 11 homegames as they have gone even 7 homegames unbeaten. At the same time Lincoln have gone 3 games without a win and they have lost 10 awaygames this season in all competions.
5 of the last 7 h2h games went to the hosts and also Exeter have won 5 of the last 10 h2h homegames aswell. So i expect them to win this time aswell. Exeter to win.

Game 21 Friday 18th May - Sky Sports Football - 1945
Notts County v Coventry City

1x2: Notts County
HT/FT: Notts County/Notts County
Correct Score: 2-1

Notts County hosts Coventry in the second league 2 playoff semifinal second leg on friday. Both sides have won 3 and lost 3 of the last 9 matches and as first leg ended with a draw then i hope that both sides will come out attacking here in order to make it to the final. Notts County have lost just 3 homegames all season and they're currently unbeaten in 9 homegames aswell. On the other hand Coventry have found the net in each of the last 11 awaygames.. Notts County have never lost h2h homegame as they've won 6 of the 8 h2h homegames. So i expect it to stay that way. Notts County to win.

vicpoole1
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby vicpoole1 » Thu May 17, 2018 6:08 pm

1X2 Exeter
HT/FT Draw / Exeter
UNDER/OVER Under
CORRECT SCORE 1-0

Lincoln have the better of the head to head between these two sides with a record of 26 wins, 16 draws and 19 defeats. The sides last met in a 0-0 draw back last weekend.Exeter resisted a strong second-half performance from Lincoln to earn a draw from an entertaining first leg of the League Two play-off semi-final. defensively sound the Grecians have been on home soil this term.Lincoln huffed and puffed in the first leg and went closest to scoring when Matt Rhead's second-half header hit the crossbar but Exeter dealt with the aerial onslaught pretty well and created a few dangerous moments of their own.Moore-Taylor has come back into the side for the last two matches and his influence has been obvious with the Grecians keeping back-to-back clean sheets for the first time since October.

steenie1
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby steenie1 » Thu May 17, 2018 6:24 pm

Game 20 Thursday 17th May
1X2: LINCOLN
HT/FT: DRAW/LINCOLN
Over/Under: UNDER
Correct Score : 0-1

The reasoning: The reverse leg at Lincoln resulted in a 0-0 draw. In the season proper, both teams won their home fixtures. Exeter finished five points ahead of Lincoln but actually had worse GD stats. Theirs were 64:54 (+10). Lincoln’s were 64:48 (+ 16). Lincoln can rise to the big occasion---and although this isn’t the big occasion yet, they won the EFL Trophy last month, beating League 1 side Shrewsbury 1-0 at Wembley. With that now done and dusted, I reckon there’s a good chance that they have enough momentum from that to continue on the glory-hunting trail.

The Snail
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby The Snail » Thu May 17, 2018 8:26 pm

Game 21 Thursday 17th May
Notts County vs Coventry - 1945
1X2: Draw
HT/FT: DRAW/Draw
Over/Under: UNDER
Correct Score : 1-1

I have Coventry to win the playoffs and unfortunately i think that has probably coloured my opinion somewhat here. The feel that they may have missed their chance with a draw at home as Notts County are a lot better when playing at home. They have only lost four times at home this season, and coupled with Coventry's pretty average away from they will start worthy favourites.

However, Notts County didn't manage to beat any of the sides that finished above them at home and so there are holes in that good form. They may have gone 8 games at home without losing but 3 of those were draws, and despite boasting one of the most prolific attacks in the league the goals dried up slightly at the end of the season and they have only scored 1 in their last 3 matches. Coventry boast one of the best away defences in the league only conceding 23 goals, however, they dropped so many points as they only managed to score 28. Notts County scored 70% of their home goals in the second half so i can see this 0-0 at half time, County to score second half and then Coventry to peg them back at the end.

nawoo
Stallion
Tips

Postby nawoo » Thu May 17, 2018 9:00 pm

Results
Game 20 - League Two Play-Off Semi-Final 2nd Leg

1x2: Exeter City
HT/FT: Exeter City / Exeter City
Correct Score: Exeter City 3 Lincoln City 1

Exeter City see off Lincoln to reach second successive play off final at Wembley

Hogsback - 25
risto123 - 25

The Snail - 20
stretchpaul - 20

bluemal - 10
Delboy980 - 10
nawoo - 10
vicpoole1 - 10

RACHACE - 0
steenie1 - 0

Game 20 Leaderboard:
Hogsback and risto123 topscore with "25 points" but bluemal still out in front.

bluemal - 315
The Snail - 275
stretchpaul - 250
RACHACE - 230
steenie1 - 225
vicpoole1 - 215
Hogsback - 210
inplayking - 205
risto123 - 200
nawoo - 170
Delboy980 - 170
Hazlewood86 - 125
undertherobe - 80
Micky32 - 75
limbadas - 20

As always, Please PM me as soon as possible if you notice any mistakes

Next Games

Game 21 Friday 18th May - Sky Sports Football - 1945
Notts County v Coventry City

<<< Double Header - Saturday >>>

Game 22 Saturday 19th May - BBC One Scotland / Sky Sports - 1500
Scottish FA Cup Final
Celtic v Motherwell

Game 23 Saturday 19th May - BBC One / BT Sport 2 / BT Sport 4K UHD - 1715
FA Cup Final
Mancheter Utd v Chelsea

Good Luck!!! :win:

stretchpaul
At Stud
Tips

Postby stretchpaul » Thu May 17, 2018 9:21 pm

Game 21 Thursday 17th May
Notts County vs Coventry - 1945

1X2: Notts County
HT/FT: Draw/Notts County
Over/Under: Under
Correct Score : 1-0

The first leg,a 1-1 draw,leaves the tie very evenly balanced.County have a much better h2h record and I feel that they might just be able to nick this.Coventry will be looking to score and they will then hope that is enough.But County are excellent at home and have a better back line that should be able to hold their own.I can see a nervous 2nd leg with few chances for either team.County though have the muscle though to win it.

bluemal
Legend
Tips

Postby bluemal » Thu May 17, 2018 10:49 pm

Game 22 Saturday 19th May
Scottish FA Cup Final - BBC One Scotland / Sky Sports
Celtic v Motherwell - 1500

1X2:.......................Celtic
HT/FT:...................Celtic/Celtic
Over/Under:.......Over
Correct Score:.....3-1

Being a Rangers Supporter I want Motherwell to win but being realistic I see a Celtic win and collect double treble under Brendan Rodgers although Celtic lost two games after the split they were against Hibs start of split and Aberdeen in last game of split, the Hibs game was a cert Hibs would win was probably arranged by Brown in their Huddle so they would win league at Parkhead against Rangers and give Neil Lennon's Hibs a chance to pip Rangers for Europa League spot,

Celtic have meet Motherwell four times this season in Betfred Cup Final at Hampden Park Celtic won 2-0 and three days later they meet again in league saw 1-1 draw at Firs Park Motherwell they were only another two league games which saw a 5-1 for Celtic at Parkhead and 0-0 draw again at Firs Park , As Motherwell didn't make the top six split and had to play in bottom split , although the missed playing Celtic in league again they do meet today for Scottish Cup Final but its been 27 years the last time Motherwell won it and I can't see that happening in today's Final

Game 23 Saturday 19th May
FA Cup Final - BBC One / BT Sport 2 / BT Sport 4K UHD
Mancheter Utd v Chelsea - 1715

1X2:.......................Man Utd
HT/FT:...................Draw/Man Utd
Over/Under:.......Under
Correct Score:.....1-0

Chelsea knock out Man Utd last season in 1/4 Finals 1-0 a game that Man Utd had to play a 55 minutes with ten men when Herrera was sent off for two yellow cards in 35 minute and a 51 minute goal by Kante was enough for win, Chelsea went on to Final but lost 1-2 to Arsenal, In the last three season's in league has saw draws home and away in 2015/16 - 0-0 Old Trafford - 1-1 Stamford Bridge, in 2016/17 season home sides won 4-0 Stamford Bridge, 2-0 Old Trafford and this season 2017/18 home sides again 1-0 Stamford Bridge and Old Trafford 2-1 ,

For me Jose will be looking to get revenge for getting knock out last season by a team he managed twice so I can see Man Utd getting a win and show there the better team this season finishing 2nd to Man City in league and CL Football next season

Hogsback
At Stud
Tips

Postby Hogsback » Fri May 18, 2018 12:12 am

Hi Nawoo
You missed 10 points off my total for the Rotherham v Scunthorpe game.

I thought I had sent you an email but it looks like I haven't.