Toilet Tips Are Back!

TeddyT
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Toilet Tips Are Back!

Postby TeddyT » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:56 pm

The famous OLBG Toilet Tips are making a return for the 2018 Festival and we need your help to make sure we have the best selections of tips possible.

We place posters around the racecourse (including some in the toilets hence the name!) which showcase a tip from an OLBG member.

In our first year of the Toilet Tips we managed to hit the first eight winners for an amazing 48,030/1 accumulator! It would be brilliant if we could achieve something similar again this year so please get your thinking caps on.

We need ten tips from our members for 2018 that we can use to highlight the quality tips that are available on OLBG.

What To Do
Please add on this thread your best bet for the 2018 Cheltenham Festival, along with those 40-60 odd words of reasoning (sorry but we have limited space on the posters so we need the reasoning to be concise but show that you know your stuff!)

We would like one selection from each member across the four days and we will have to choose the tips by Wednesday 7th March so we will need to be fairly sure which race the selection is running in.

We will judge the best 10 tips, based on the quality of the reasoning by the tipsters, but also making sure we get a selection across the four days.

Please try and get these tips added to this thread by Wednesday 7th March as we have various print deadlines to meet.

Please note that we reserve the right to edit the reasoning and may need to shorten it.

One entry per person please.

Please give your selection lots of consideration as we want to demonstrate that OLBG is the best resource in the world for tips. We have an amazing set of tipsters and this is your chance to demonstrate your skill and knowledge. Best of luck!
OLBG Tipster Competition Manager

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Toilet Tips Are Back!

Postby Micko70 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:21 pm

Great to see these back again this year

Getabird - Supreme Novices Hurdle

Willie Mullins has won the Supreme Hurdle 4 times in the last 11 years, this fella was well fancied for the bumper last year but wasn't quite ready.
He had his first hurdle race in December over 2m 4f and won easily enough, but followed that with another easy win in a Grade 2 at Punchestown.

danbradley
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby danbradley » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:05 pm

Good stuff, never put forward a toilet tip before so will have a go with a fancy of mine:

Irish Roe - Mares Novices Hurdle

Made an impressive start to her career over hurdles having disappointed at the Bumper last year. Improved race by race and pushed highly fancied Maria's Benefit all the way at Doncaster when those two looked a class apart. At double the price of that horse, and looking capable of plenty more improvement yet, Irish Roe looks a strong outsider.

Follow me on Twitter: @DanBradleyTips

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:03 pm

Great to see them back. I was the only one to get a successful tip with Vautour to win the Supreme one year so let’s hope it’s more like the first year you ran them!

I’ll stick my entry up in due course :win:

bishbosh
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby bishbosh » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:51 pm

Glad they are back
Sorely missed last year
Will put a selection up soon :D
If I study and fail so be it
But to not study is like opening your window and throwing your money out hoping the wind brings it back in

InsideMan
Stallion
Tips

Postby InsideMan » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:33 pm

Un De Sceaux - Ryanair Chase

Willie Mullins has won the past two renewals of the Ryanair Chase and this horse is looking for back to back wins in the race.
The horse is coming here on the back of winning the Clarence House Chase for a third year in a row and he should take plenty of beating in the Ryanair Chase again this year.

gracietyke
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby gracietyke » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:29 pm

APPLE'S SHAKIRA TRIUMPH HURDLE.
3 wins out of 3 this season with a total winning distances of 28 lengths.One of those wins was at Cheltenham in the trial for the race itself.
Nicky Henderson has a fantastic record at the Festival.Big French horse with a big stride and excellent cruising speed.

TeddyT
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby TeddyT » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:38 pm

Thanks to everyone who has tipped so far. Please keep them coming!

TeddyT
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby TeddyT » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:09 pm

Guys, we are a month away from the Festival and we really need to some of your selections to be added to this thread.

I imagine a number of you have already formed strong opinions on at least one or two races at the Festival so it would be really good to get a few more of your Cheltenham best bets added to this thread.

Thanks

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:37 pm

Guys, we are a month away from the Festival and we really need to some of your selections to be added to this thread.

I imagine a number of you have already formed strong opinions on at least one or two races at the Festival so it would be really good to get a few more of your Cheltenham best bets added to this thread.

Thanks
Do you have a closing date you need the selections by?

TeddyT
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby TeddyT » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:39 pm

We would like one selection from each member across the four days and we will have to choose the tips by Wednesday 7th March so we will need to be fairly sure which race the selection is running in.

Randy Rann
Group 1 Class
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Randy Rann » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:29 am

Great News The Toilet Tips are back!

I remember the first year well when we had 8 in a row and I was lucky enough to be selected & to put up Rock On Ruby for the Champion Hurdle. 11-1 winner to boot! #ToiletTips was trending all over Twitter and fair play to the powers to be for selecting the best tips that year, showing someone was a judge!

Also had Ballyandy selected who won the Bumper a couple of years ago and still have the OLBG beermat lifted from Quevega's Bar as a keepsake!

2/3 on my Toilet Tips is not bad, but as a punting Plumber I'm always handy round a khazi!!

Good luck to those selected this year and it is a buzz to be part of the greatest meeting in the world in some way, no matter how small.

I've got a short list of about five selections, so will put up my strongest fancy ASAP and hopefully have another chance to feature, fingers crossed but yes as Teddy says get those selections in, as you can't be up in lights unless you're in it!

fancy coming soon! Good luck all!