Ante Post Football Betting 2017/18 Season

jamiedavies023
Handicapper
Tips

Re: Ante Post Football Betting 2017/18 Season

Postby jamiedavies023 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:44 pm

FA Cup 2017/18

It may only be 2nd round day but I like West Brom as an early bird Each Way shout for FA Cup glory come May time, they are as big as 80/1 (1/2 1-2). Here's my thoughts;

West Brom currently sit 17th in the Premier League, there's no disputing that. That however, doesn't tell the full story for me; on my ratings they are the 11th best team in the league.

Former manager Tony Pulis was sacked a fortnight again and this week the Baggies appointed Alan Pardew. Now I'm not Pardew's biggest fan by any stretch, but he is a 2 time FA Cup runner up after guiding West Ham and Crystal Palace to finals in the last decade or so. I must admit before his appointment I was struggling to find an early bird Each Way shout for this seasons competition - however I made a note of West Brom when I heard his first presser as a manager were he stated the following; "I've come close twice, very, very close to winning the FA Cup, and one day I would like to do it. That's the kind of ambition I'm talking about." - this to me is a signal of intent that he will be taking this competition seriously.

I actually fancied West Brom to do well in last years competition, sadly they were dumped out in R3 by Derby after leading 1-0, in the 2 seasons prior to that they reached the QF and R5.

Recommended Bet

West Brom to win the FA Cup (ew) 80/1 @ bet365

jamiedavies023
Handicapper
Tips

Postby jamiedavies023 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:47 pm

Champions League Outright

I've been looking into the Outright market this morning, I think at 7/2 PSG look too short, they've not been beyond the QF in the last 6 seasons and shown that they're not untouchable losing 2-1 Strasbourg at the weekend before going down 3-1 in Munich last night - albeit with top spot in the group all but secured. Similarly I can't be having Man City at 9/2; yes they're flying at the minute but May is 5 months away and they have also shown vulnerabilities in recent weeks needing late goals to see off Huddersfield, Southampton and West Ham and have only 1 semi final appearance to boast of in the past 6 years. I'm liking the look of 3 European powerhouses, 3 teams that are constantly there or thereabouts come the business end of the competition, those 3 teams are Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich; if you was to dutch these teams at best odds pays around 13/8, this looks a rock solid investment to me and one were you would have had atleast 1 runner in the last 9 finals.

Bet

Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern Munich to win the Champions League - 13/8 (Best prices dutched)

scotty2hotty
2yo
Tips

Postby scotty2hotty » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:10 am

[quote=jamiedavies023 post_id=1639417 time=1512564433 user_id=480389]
[b][u]Champions League Outright[/u][/b]

I've been looking into the Outright market this morning, I think at 7/2 PSG look too short, they've not been beyond the QF in the last 6 seasons and shown that they're not untouchable losing 2-1 Strasbourg at the weekend before going down 3-1 in Munich last night - albeit with top spot in the group all but secured. Similarly I can't be having Man City at 9/2; yes they're flying at the minute but May is 5 months away and they have also shown vulnerabilities in recent weeks needing late goals to see off Huddersfield, Southampton and West Ham and have only 1 semi final appearance to boast of in the past 6 years. I'm liking the look of 3 European powerhouses, 3 teams that are constantly there or thereabouts come the business end of the competition, those 3 teams are Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich; if you was to dutch these teams at best odds pays around 13/8, this looks a rock solid investment to me and one were you would have had atleast 1 runner in the last 9 finals.

[u]Bet[/u]

[b]Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern Munich[/b] to win the Champions League - 13/8 (Best prices dutched)
[/quote]

The draws been made since your post Jamie and you've been proven to be spot on! If Real beat PSG you're in a very strong position. GL

istabraq1
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby istabraq1 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:36 pm

I have a friend who is sitting on a Man City, Wolves and Wigan accummulator at the moment, looking good so far :shock:

davidg3907
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby davidg3907 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:23 am

How close to a bonanza can you get?

I am not a fan of big odds accas so although I keep saying I may throw £1 at them sometimes, I can never convince myself to do so.

Rather than try to back the winners of each league where the favourites rarely seem good value but picking the right alternative can be tricky, I love the challenge of the handicap markets as that is similar to trying to find the winners of the Lincoln, Hunt Cup, Stewards' Cup, and Cambridgeshire in one go! The big difference is that the markets open flat (all teams at the same odds).

This season, I came so close to what would have been a massive payout (78,607/1), that my heart may not have survived to tell the tale - with the TV possibly succumbing too. :shock:

All can be verified on this thread.

League 2.

I backed Luton (7/1) and Wycombe (28/1) Each Way in the standard market. They finished 2nd and 3rd.
I backed Accrington (+14) on handicap. They won by 11 pts.

League 1
I backed Bradford (4/1) for promotion. A run of just 6 pts from 14 games was too much to combat so they finished 11th (10 pts out of play-offs).
I backed Scunthorpe (20/1) Each Way in the standard market. They finished 5th. A run of 16 pts from 17 games meant missing out on 4th place by 3 pts.
I backed Shrewsbury (+26) on handicap. They won by 13 pts.

Championship.
I backed Sheff Weds (+4) on handicap but they disappointed from quite early on.
I backed Wolves (+10) on handicap. They won by 3 pts.

Premier League.
The relegation market hit problems at the start, came good in the middle of the season, and ended as a bit of a disaster.
I backed Burnley on the spread to get more than 35 pts. That was not in doubt from early in the season.
I backed Leicester (+32) on handicap. Although in the frame in December, a poor finish saw them drop to 12th.
I backed Burnley (+44) on handicap. They finished 2nd - but were winning it until both Manchester City and Bournemouth scored in the 93rd minute!
LAYING Taking it further
LAYING Delving deeper - NEW

FOOTBALL blogs under Blogs/Football
New RELEGATION diary in Blogs/systems

Matshopsy
Listed Class
Tips

Postby Matshopsy » Fri May 18, 2018 12:05 am

That's some top tipping davidg mega unlucky not to win the big one. I love a season long punt and mentioned earlier on this thread i was having a dabble on the top c'ship scorer. Had decent result as well would say about +10points. The plan was to pick about 6 players, and add 1/2 who were having a good season, during the season. Had Vydra at 28/1 who won. And also Grabban / Jota who came 2nd / 3rd I had e/w. Also had losing bets on Assombalonga, Kodija, Hernandez and Zahore. Will try again next season.

Also fancy a dabble on picking a similar amount of teams for either winning the championship or promotion. I saw a stat the other day that all but 4 teams were in a playoff position or higher at some point in the championship. Unsure of exactly how to go about it but something along the lines of picking a few teams who I think will be there come the end of the season with the idea to let them ride, and pick a few others, possibly longer shots say Leeds, Forest and Birmingham and hoping to cash out while they are in playoff spots or higher. Ey...its an experiment haha