Re: One A Day September Race 2 (16th to 30th)

ejanbow
Stallion
Tips

Postby ejanbow » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:04 pm

ONE A DAY SEPTEMBER 2021 RACE 2 (16th to 30th)

Hello and welcome to the One A Day competition for September. Regular runners will have a good idea of how this works already but for maiden runners and for those with plenty of experience please read on as there are a couple of subtle changes this month.

How It Works

Nothing has changed in terms of how we run the race. They'll be two races each month. The first will run from the 1st day of the month to the 15th with the second running from the 16th of the month to the last day of the month. Each day a race will be nominated and you are asked to provide a selection for this race. You must also give reasons for your selection but please note the following as this is crucial:

Anyone who doesn't put in the effort and writes something like "I fancy X to win because he is white and they are faster", "I like his name", "my friend told me so" etc. etc. won't be considered nor will any copy + pasting from other sites. YOU MUST INCLUDE AT LEAST 4 SEPARATE POINTS ON WHY YOU FANCY THE HORSE.

You need to make this reasoning at least 30 words but feel free to be as detailed as you like.

Please also note the following information:
- Do not edit your post once made.
- If your selection is a non-runner you can select again but please do this in a separate post.
- You can post a backup selection in case your first selection is a non-runner and you don't believe you'll be able to update your selection in the case of a non-runner. However, if your first selection runs then that is the one that will be scored.
- Failing to post a selection will see you not scored for that race. You can PM myself or another member to post on your behalf but again, the selection must be posted before the race starts.
- On the last race day if the competition is tight those in contention can PM me their selections and I'll hold them until the race starts. If I'm involved then I'll ask for a neutral to step forward and hold the selections until the off. This is so copying a fellow runners selection to assure the win/place is avoided.
- If a day's nominated race is on a card that is abandoned we will have two races the following day. If this occurs on the last day of the race we'll run an extra race the following day whilst also starting a new competition.

Selecting Races - Back to one thread (for each race)

After discussions with regular runners in our races via PM it's clear that the thread a day isn't too popular and that you would all like some input in picking races so we'll revert back to one thread for picks and you can all have input in picking races. I've started the new thread (we'll do a thread for race 1 then a new thread for race 2 so it's easier for me to trace back for selections as I score up the races). I will usually pick the first race and the Saturday races but feel free to offer a race up if I seem to be taking my time.

I reserve the right to void a race if circumstances significantly change the dynamics of the race - ie, multiple late withdrawn horses significantly reducing the field (below 6 runners).

Hope that makes sense, any questions ask here or PM me.

Please note, when selecting races, please refrain from MAIDENS/NOVICE events including BEGINNER CHASES as these can be difficult in placing a reasoning to. Handicaps and higher class races (listed, graded or group) are preferred but please try to find a race with a competitive sized field.

Scoring

We score as in previous months:
1st = 30pts + 5x SP
2nd = 20pts + 3x SP
3rd = 10pts + 2x SP
4th = 4pts + 1 x SP
5th = 1pts + 1 x SP

To encourage people to look away from favourites as well there will be bonus points for the price of the horse as shown above. This means that if someone picks a 2/1 horse that wins they will get 40pts (30 for winning and then 5 times 2/1 is 10 -> 30+10=40) while if someone picks a 10/1 shot that comes second they will get 50pts (20+30=50).

Please note, scores will be rounded up to one decimal place from January's second race!

Dead heats - the points of the places are added together and divided by the number that dead heated. i.e. if 1st place is a dead heat then both 1st placed will get 25 pts (30+20pts) and x4 SP (5+3/2 = 4).

Results and leaderboard
I will update this thread with race results and they'll be contained in the post directly after this one and an updated leaderboard. I hope to do this every three days and daily towards the end of the race but please be patient as occasionally life will get in the way of me doing this promptly.

In the event of any ties for prizes, the tied runners will be split by their highest scoring selection for the month, regardless of actual finishing position (ie, a 1st place scoring 100 pts does not outrank a 2nd place scoring 120 pts).

Please also check your scores. Mistakes do happen, I am only human. I keep the scores on a Excel spreadsheet (which I can access from my home and work so it's easy for me to keep it updated). Any scoring queries please PM myself rather than posting in either this thread or one of the daily selection threads.

PRIZES

Those generous powers that be at OLBG are offering up cash prizes for the runners and riders:
1st place overall - £10
2nd place overall - £5

***Player with the highest combined score over both races in a month who has not already won a prize £5 ***

If you know anyone interested in taking part or you've been a long time viewer of the forum who hasn't been inclined - for whatever reasons - to post much before please come and have a go, it is great fun, costs nothing and you can win real cash!! Take a look through previous month races/threads to see how it is played.

Attitude Adjuster has gone in to the lead after he selected the winners of the second and third races in what were very difficult races so well done on achieving that. Delboy980 carries on where he finished the last race, in 2nd place after he also picked two horses that were placed.

Good luck all :win:

I have taken the lead after getting a 33/1 2nd on the first day and a decent 2nd on the third day. Attitude Adjuster has dropped to 2nd place after he also scored on two days as did Delboy980 who scored with the same two horse. Royalscot was the only one to score on all three days, small points but points nonetheless.

I am still in the lead but by a smaller margin ahead of Attitude Adjuster who is also still in 2nd place. Bowhillbear has jumped up from 14th to 3rd after getting the 120 point winner on the first day, hope you had money on him. Poor scoring this week which was surprising considering there was only 8 runners on the second day resulting in nobody scoring on all three days.

I am hanging on to the lead by my fingernails with only 21.62 points separating the top three. Delboy980 is in 2nd place after scoring on three of the four days including today's second race winner giving him a nice 90 points. Several players scored in both of today's races namely myself, Attitude Adjuster, Thefinalbroadcast, Igoruk and Jamma001. Igoruk jumped up from last to 6th after scoring twice today which goes to show that perseverance pays. We all missed the 40/1 winner and 100/1 4th in The Cambridgeshire.

Sorry guys this is the correct chart :oops:

I have lost my lead to Delboy980 after he had a good 2nd today but all is not lost as there are only 44.62 points separating the top three (23 between top two) so still anybody's race. Good scoring day today with six out of the ten players who took part scoring. Several players have dropped out this race which is disappointing.

Congratulations and well done to Delboy980 who has gone one step better this race beating me by 1/2 a length as if our horses had reversed positions it would have been a different result but Delboy980 deserved the win as he was more consistent than me. Attitude Adjuster put up a good fight to finish in 3rd.

🥇Delboy980 £10
🥈Ejanbow £5

BONUS

Congratulations to Attitude Adjuster on winning the bonus point for being the highest combinedscorer not having won or 2nd in either race in the month.

Attitude Adjuster £5

Good luck all in the next race and thank you for taking the time to enter the competition :win:
Last edited by ejanbow on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm, edited 8 times in total.

ejanbow
Stallion
Tips

Postby ejanbow » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:09 pm

Our first outing of the new race we shall go to:-

4:45 AYR
Virgin Bet KILKERRAN CUP HANDICAP (Class 2)
13 runners

Dicky
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Dicky » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:29 pm

4.45A - Chichester
2 wins from 15 lifetime races , one on Newcastle’s AW over 1m 5yds and
the other on good to firm over 7f 173yds. Has had some good runs over
and around today’s trip and is only a 4-Y-O so could be some improvement
to come. Was given too much to do last time out finishing with a strong
run over 1m 2f 42yds in a class 3 finishing 2nd under 9st 10lb. Class2
today means 9st 1lb.

attitude adjuster
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby attitude adjuster » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:13 pm

Howzer Black

Howzer Black has had three runs over course and distance and has placed in all three of those runs.A winner last time at Ripon and has a three pound rise for that but should run well from the new mark.He has won on this ground in the past and the trainer has been going well,he runs a few here and a case can be made for all of them but the selection who has won in a hood before should at least run his race.

UnderdogsLover
Stallion
Tips

Postby UnderdogsLover » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:05 am

One of my favs, so staying with him :yes: .
So today is Howzer Black...

Was a Nr recently, in favour this meeting.
Place 3 times in last 6 runs.
Won in small field of 6 at Ripon, in 1m 1f,
end Aug.
Field will like size of the runners.
Placed few times this year.
Placed here in April.
Hope runs well on his fav course,
and gets placed. :hope:

thefinalbroadcast
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby thefinalbroadcast » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:04 am

FAIRMAC

Up in class today, having come through a number of good performances including last time out when beaten by just half a length at the weekend. Runs off the same mark here. Blinkers which have seemingly worked the oracle remain on here. Course and distance winner. Yard are going well with a 30% place rate in the last month. Joe Fanning takes over the ride, and he has a 32% place rate in the last year when teaming up with the Johnston yard. Fanning also is running well in his own right, with a 34% place rate in the last month himself.

samm74
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby samm74 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:11 am

Well done race 1 winners :D
TOMMY G

Track regular from the Goldie yard
Ran well last time out up to this trip 5/13 by less than 1L hampered
That run was only 4 days ago but won back to back 6 days apart in June
5 lb claimer goes well for the yard, low draw could be a plus
Might cope with the rise in class as he has a few things going for him

Delboy980
Legend
Tips

Postby Delboy980 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:46 am

4.45 AYR

PLATIUMCARD

Trainer Keith Dalgleish ......... ......... ......... ......... ....> Jockey Billy Garritty ( 3lbs)

A Keith Dalgleish trained 6 year old who has had 7 races on the flat winning 4 times and has finished 3rd once. He won 3 races on the bounce July/Aug all ridden by today's jockey Billy Garritty claiming 3lbs including 2 races here at Ayr over c/d in class 3 handicaps He is in a class 2 handicap over 1m 2f on good to firm going. this gelding was tried over 1m 4f at Hamilton last time out but weakened a furlong out. He is back down to his winning distance, and has gone slightly up in class, he has won his only 2 visits on this course including winning on good to firm going under today's jockey. Has a good e/w shout in this race today.

jammat001
Stallion
Tips

Postby jammat001 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:11 am

AYR 4.45 TOMMY G

This J S Goldie trained 8-y-o gelding is the winner of ten races from six furlongs to one mile one furlong on good to firm and good ground so after running on well from the rear to only be beaten one length behind the M W Easterby trained Yorkshire Lady over one mile two furlongs on good to firm ground at Haydock in his latest start 4 days ago so with Miss A Waugh taking a valuable five pounds off he should go well at a fair price

royalscot
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby royalscot » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:54 am

Highwaygrey

this selection is trained by Tim Easterby , this is a strange race, most of the runners have raced in mixed class races , so for stepping up in class get a big gift from the handicapper,etc ,however this selection has been racing mainly at 10 furlongs and been racing in mainly in class 3 races,in last 6 races, with best effort to date a 3rd place finish over 10 furlongs on the aw track, steps up to a class 2, and drops 9 lbs for the step up,and also gets 13 lbs gift from the handicapper to race over the distance of 10 furlongs for todays contest,ground should suit, David Allan is retained ,has ew appeal
(mostly all the other runners in the race echo this selection etc) so can only be hopeful of good run in todays contest for this pick

Will Teasle
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby Will Teasle » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:59 am

Ayr 4.45
PLATINUMCARD
Being out of a Flemensfirth mare, this gelding started out under National Hunt rules and was likely bought as a jumper. Well done to Keith Dalgliesh for spotting that he has speed for the flat because Platinumcard hasn't looked back since switching codes.
His brother, Goldencard, a useful jumper from the same stable, won earlier this month.
Platinumcard is 2-2 at Ayr and has a short journey from his stable to the racecourse.
His record at today's distance is 311 and he has won on today's fast ground.
Platinumcard goes well for Billy Garritty.
His stable had a hat-trick on Sunday.

supermack44
At Stud
Tips

Postby supermack44 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:48 am

Ayr 16:45

Fairmac

Mark Johnston's inmate Fairmac has been a really consistent runner of late and has yet to finish out of the first three this term. Has won at Haydock and Ayr this season. On his latest outing at Haydock was third of thirteen behind Yorkshire Lady beaten by 3/4 length. Joe Fanning has the reins.
:cool: