Eurovision Song Contest 2021

ThePolytrackKing
Group 3 Class
Tips

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2021

Postby ThePolytrackKing » Mon May 24, 2021 2:48 pm

I find the voting results strange to take. Lets say the jury like there rock music, they give Italy 206 votes and Finland only 83. And for me I actually prefered Finlands over it. How Italy got so many is surprising. It also seemed like the bookies knew italy had it in the bag, I just dont get how they know that. Before the jury votes I seen a few bookies go odds on for italy. Another thing, when it comes to viewers who watch and vote on Eurovision, rock fans wouldn't strike me as the type. I thought italy were false favourites and I'm just glad i dont have a Betfair account anymore 😬

Best song for me was Switzerland. Had them backed each way at 20s antepost.

Betting wise other than that it was a shocker. Lithuania E/W was ruined by jury only giving 55 votes. Also Malta looked nailed on but didnt get the viewers votes surprisingly. Expected Cyprus and Norway to finish higher

Backed Germany to finish bottom. Worst song by a mile. How they got 3 votes by the jury is something else. How do they justify that.

I think next year I'm just going to back whatever is favourite on the Saturday before live show.
I agree every year I still find it fishy how the bookies know everything especially the week leading up. Only Suprise for me was Greece getting so many votes.

I'm glad Italy won however personally thought the France and Switzerland songs were rancid.

I agree with you however with me being a rock fan I did think the Finland entry was better than Italy's.

I echo what a few have said next year I will wait I still came out with a £22 pound profit thanks to the UK finishing bottom.

Systemsman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Systemsman » Mon May 24, 2021 3:35 pm

It's now almost impossible to invest until you know the singing order. Just take a look at this year's results (and other years) - you cant win with singing order 9 or less it would appear and you don't know that until after the semi finals. Just think I have a good bet next year on the Saturday of the show on the Fav (and take the risk that goes with it). However, I will do more research on each main entry and how popular they are with record sales etc (Spotify sales etc).

Italy won running order 24
France 2nd running order 20
Switzerland 3rd running order 11
Iceland 4th running order 12
Ukraine 5th running order 19
Finland 6th running order 16
Malta 7th running order 6.

So nothing in the top 6 that was not in running order to sing from 11 to 26!!!!! It would appear the audience has very short memories - worth remembering!! :D :D

Note: Italy subject to a drug test- did they snort cocaine during the show? - it certainly looked like the lead singer did (my wife mentioned it on Saturday night).

botev1921
Stallion
Tips

Postby botev1921 » Thu May 27, 2021 8:43 am

Betting scandal to be investigated in Malta. Evidently the local ESC people have "invested" in promotion by giving foreigners money to bet on Malta early on. Their idea was to promote the song as the bookies favourite that way. Basically they bet on their own song, knowing full well, it's not winning to manipulate the markets.
==BULGARIAN SPORTS PORTAL==
www.AlPortAl.net

The Executioner
Legend
Tips

Postby The Executioner » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:24 am

Betting scandal to be investigated in Malta. Evidently the local ESC people have "invested" in promotion by giving foreigners money to bet on Malta early on. Their idea was to promote the song as the bookies favourite that way. Basically they bet on their own song, knowing full well, it's not winning to manipulate the markets.

Lots of markets across various sports will be manipulated in someway over the course of a year. ' Team News ' - ' Players carrying an injury ' - ' Horses not 100% ' ...... there's all sorts of ways that markets can be made '' false '' ..... I remember about 25 years ago a journeyman snooker player was in a local snooker hall up in Scotland the night before a first round match in an event , let's just say he had downed more drinks than balls and said for all to hear '' I wouldn't bother backing me tomorrow lads '' ..... this was all pre betting exchanges - but the message soon got around on the bookmakers telegraph.